May 10, 2024, 09:57:51 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

What do you think about the server while we are waiting for wipe ?

Reset the server because it can take long time for truly new session and we want to have fun
56 (61.5%)
I don't know...
2 (2.2%)
Let the things be as they are now.
25 (27.5%)
I don't think that this is a good Idea, even more players can leave.
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Topic: RESET the server  (Read 21594 times)

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
Re: RESET the server
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2015, 08:24:44 pm »
Test session isn't needed or possible?

Cool, wipe that shit.

;D

zedrinyth

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:03 pm »
You guys should enjoy the game and not grind it! I am pretty sure the restart with everyone at the same time will be more intersting. You will be involved not only in PvE but also in PvP, thinking about HOW to survive longer, every beggining of the session is hard for everyone.

LOL I am not new, I have tons of stuff and full of personal that's what pisses me off. I received the message reset when I guy was killing the enclave and I thought if it still worth it to continue this charade ....

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 08:26:39 pm »
You guys should enjoy the game and not grind it! I am pretty sure the restart with everyone at the same time will be more intersting. You will be involved not only in PvE but also in PvP, thinking about HOW to survive longer, every beggining of the session is hard for everyone.

LOL I am not new, I have tons of stuff and full of personal that's what pisses me off. I received the message reset when I guy was killing the enclave and I thought if it still worth it to continue this charade ....

I see what the other guy meant about resetting sooner then. I'm feelin' it too. I don't even want to play until it resets, because it seems like most forum users want it reset.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2015, 08:35:41 pm »

Give a for sure date atleast a month away and it will go over smoothly.

The longer you wait for a delay the more you will lose  :P
On the forum there is tons of post explaining how to level up quick and after reset youll find lot of help in hub. Shared experience will also make things easier if implemented.

Johnny, more help after reset?
More people playing together and helping each other?  ::)

Oh, please...tell me you belive in St.Claus too  ;D
The only help you gonna get in Wastelands is faster movement from knockback, after getting few shots from shotgun  ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:38:09 pm by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

False

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 09:09:08 pm »
The game is dead.

There are far less bluesuits running around these days, and many old players have abandoned ship. We need this reset, regardless of the impending wipe, and I would even be in favor of the devs taking their sweet time after the initial reset. This way, the game is active again, we get a few updates as mentioned, and people can stop bitching about the full wipe.

This needs to happen like tomorrow.

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2015, 09:17:46 pm »
Or today!

Ina Blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2015, 09:17:57 pm »
Sorry if I repeat something that has been said, but I've not readed all post pages, only the first ones and some others.

A can't give an opinion as valuable as other ones, because my game experience is shorter than most of you, but I think that a reset now will change things only for a month or two if there are no more than few new features that will not rebalance, for example, the easy way to get stuff (private mines, low crafting costs on items, easy acces lockers spawning random top tier gear, ...). In my opinion, the game will be the same again in few time. Maybe enought time before wipe comes, maybe not. Personally i don't like the idea because this means that I'll do exactly the same that I've been doing the last 2 months, reaching the same goals and repeating the same things (like replaying a game before ending it), and this will be like playing a short session again until wipe comes.

I think a reset will be like an hypo on an almost dead player sorrounded by an army of supermutant minigunners: healty for a very shord period of time. I vote "I don't know". Just tell me when it will occur and I'll land my vertibird in Reno, sorrounded with lots of antipersonal mines ;P

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 09:39:14 pm »
I agree. Perhaps after this reset, which will level the playing field once again, they can implement features that will mitigate the need to reset. I already like the idea of having no max-level - it was one of the reasons I didn't want to reset. I didn't see the point if I could eventually get up there as well. Like most mmo's, there's always going to be people with a bunch of stuff and levels, but the things can change if you're patient.

KestreL

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 09:54:19 pm »
This voting is a joke, I could make a forum alt and vote 100 times on "Yes it should be resetted" in like 5 hours. So I would not relly on it.

Ps: the vote on it being wiped bumped up like 20 in no time, I believe it's being botted.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 10:06:43 pm »
Botted? You kidding? You can check who's registered recently.

If someone makes forum alts to vote (which is very stupid), I will ban him and his minions into oblivion.

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2015, 10:13:58 pm »
Make a decision! I like this game, but I don't want to invest time into a character if I won't be able to enjoy using it later.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2015, 10:23:31 pm »
yes I vote yes I been waiting for this moment  ;D
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2015, 10:49:24 pm »
Available only from special encounters.

What does that mean? like the bunker special encounter?

Rando

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2015, 10:57:23 pm »
Botted? You kidding? You can check who's registered recently.

If someone makes forum alts to vote (which is very stupid), I will ban him and his minions into oblivion.

I have a few comments and suggestions - although I did vote yes for a reset (even though I'm quite wealthy in the game).

First and foremost, Kilgore - you should make sure this poll reaches almost all of the community. If the only people who vote are people who are on the forums a lot, you're missing a huge amount of the playerbase (I'd be willing to be most people never check the forums).

With that concern out of the way, I really hate the idea of rare items only coming out of random special encounters. I remember when the only way to get Power Armor was through special encounters at the beginning of the session back in september 2013, and I always hated that. Implants are a bit different in that you can't lose them after putting them in your character, but the basic premise of it being completely random remains the same - and people shouldn't be rewarded for trolling around on the map with a bot program 24/7. The best implementation of rare items would be for them to be in a "magic locker" at the bottom of a very hard dungeon that would require a team of seasoned players to get through - no more reno bluesuit bullshit, and no more awful slag AI manipulating. I guess that's impossible since no one is working on anything like that for this game, but it's still my suggestion for the healthiest implementation of rare items.

I'm fairly concerned about players getting confused and thinking this is "THE wipe" and quitting when they realize there weren't any massive changes that they would expect from "THE" wipe, but if you follow my suggestion to spend some time letting this poll reach the community - it shouldn't be an issue.

Napalm

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2015, 12:12:34 am »
Wipe is necessary to minimize the differences to build a more balanced server. I'm not talking about anything new.

Reno/WR/Glow lockers certainly represent relative threat to the balanced PvP. And the implants too. To keep it in the game, should be reconsidered and change. Or just remove it all!

The new players who will get frustrated with the wipe, believe me, it will be probably much better. Chances server currently prevent factions without experience of growing up. I'm talking in terms of PvP.

I agree with several comments. I believe Kilgore will consider suggestions aimed at building a more attractive and balanced server. I really hope so!