May 10, 2024, 01:03:24 pm
Username:

Password:

Poll

What do you think about the server while we are waiting for wipe ?

Reset the server because it can take long time for truly new session and we want to have fun
56 (61.5%)
I don't know...
2 (2.2%)
Let the things be as they are now.
25 (27.5%)
I don't think that this is a good Idea, even more players can leave.
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Topic: RESET the server  (Read 21592 times)

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
Re: RESET the server
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2015, 06:54:05 pm »
I think it's the high time to restart the server. Few fixes like implants limit, no burst and sneak combo or fire gecko shells should be enough to bring Reloaded to life.
Bang Bang Smash

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2015, 07:14:44 pm »
Opening up the test server is not possible until we get stable version.

It's not even about testing new things which would appear, because they have been already well tested. It's about refreshing the state of the server which currently suffers from old bugs/balance issues which were fixed long ago (like enormous amounts of caps from banks), a large flow of top tier stuff which started with NR/Warehouse lockers, and new issues like -AP TPRs, gecko ammo, fully implanted tanks and other things. Remember that I wanted to wipe the game almost one year ago, but was unable to do it, nobody planned this session taking so long. I'm pretty sure that server reset would be a good temporary solution to fix many problems until the real next session.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2015, 07:35:02 pm »
So the question now should be only one...
When?
GUN FOR HIRE

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »
Hey, thanks for wasting the last few days of my life.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:04:38 pm by algore »

zedrinyth

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2015, 07:48:54 pm »
Oh no it's too sucks that, why reset? I just created my faction and you do a reset is not cool.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2015, 07:57:16 pm »
Oh no it's too sucks that, why reset? I just created my faction and you do a reset is not cool.
My friends and I JUST started playing... What a waste of my time.

You guys should enjoy the game and not grind it! I am pretty sure the restart with everyone at the same time will be more intersting. You will be involved not only in PvE but also in PvP, thinking about HOW to survive longer, every beggining of the session is hard for everyone.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2015, 07:57:27 pm »

Good luck staying alive. The world is so unbalanced right now. You people sure could use a reset. Trust me. You don't want to start playing a game like FOnline when the there hasn't been a wipe or major overhaul in years.

vig

• View Profile
    • Blog and artwork dump
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »
resetting now would seem like wiping for no good reason. Generally you want to avoid destroying player's effort put into the game without a justified cause (major game/play/rule change).

Opening up the test server is not possible until we get stable version.

It's not even about testing new things which would appear, because they have been already well tested. It's about refreshing the state of the server which currently suffers from old bugs/balance issues which were fixed long ago (like enormous amounts of caps from banks), a large flow of top tier stuff which started with NR/Warehouse lockers, and new issues like -AP TPRs, gecko ammo, fully implanted tanks and other things. Remember that I wanted to wipe the game almost one year ago, but was unable to do it, nobody planned this session taking so long. I'm pretty sure that server reset would be a good temporary solution to fix many problems until the real next session.

Now THAT is a justified cause. It has to be done. I have changed my vote to support the reset.

Gecko breath ammo is not an issue, it's propagated by butthurt Normal DR/DT tanks who are getting their asses handed to them.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:10:26 pm by vig »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2015, 08:12:01 pm »
I started to gather godlike amount of resourcess and craft almost limitless amount of high tier gear in my base...I will have hard time, but when I read about that reset I think it can be even profitable....I can craft that stuff once again, but with more players around...should be interesting  :D

Anyway, what about implants...how they gonna be implemented in our post-apocalyptic life after the reset?  ???
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2015, 08:14:36 pm »
Available only from special encounters.

In next session: also a very rare drop.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2015, 08:16:28 pm »
+1
Thx for let me knowing  :)
Now, only the date will matters  8)
GUN FOR HIRE

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »
My friends and I JUST started playing... What a waste of my time.

You guys should enjoy the game and not grind it! I am pretty sure the restart with everyone at the same time will be more intersting. You will be involved not only in PvE but also in PvP, thinking about HOW to survive longer, every beggining of the session is hard for everyone.

That's a self serving statement.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2015, 08:18:00 pm »
I'm still waiting for more feedback and votes  :P

algore

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2015, 08:21:36 pm »
I'm still waiting for more feedback and votes  :P

Honestly, I'd be down with a reset if you gave us a few months notice. A lot of games have wipes, but it's the surprise resets that peeve players. Every game that I've played that exhibits that kind of treatment of players, usually ends up dying. It's just inconsiderate and unprofessional - I mean, you can't expect everyone to have a forum account, especially your newbies who are going to be the most bothered by seeing their level 12 character disappear without any idea as to what happened. Casual players will also be impacted. The only people who benefit from this are long time hardcore players.

Give a for sure date atleast a month away and it will go over smoothly. Don't come to a decision based on who has the most angry words to type on the forums. Again, you don't even have feedback from your whole demographic. It would be unwise to act on incomplete information.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2015, 08:24:20 pm »

Give a for sure date atleast a month away and it will go over smoothly.

The longer you wait for a delay the more you will lose  :P
On the forum there is tons of post explaining how to level up quick and after reset youll find lot of help in hub. Shared experience will also make things easier if implemented.