May 06, 2024, 12:25:45 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.  (Read 14444 times)

Yanok

• View Profile
Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.
« on: February 05, 2015, 06:39:43 pm »
I am disappointed,
Today I returned to spend time on fonline, I spend to hunt around hub no-more 1 exadecimal case of the city where i meet multiple Red-Encounter radio-0 with inside multiple old-players, they without-stops shoot everything that moves just for playing? and around hub? city of the welcoming, city of the new poepl.

I do not understand this behavior, Hub is a city Welcome? New for?

Then explain to me why players like -favorite-, vampp, shyfter and many other ancient people to me are here to scare away new and I want us to explain their because they have not understood than this city hub is a clean city where one comes to help and not kill new players.

You disappoint me much, yet you are among us for a long time and you should be mature.

EnclaveSGT

• The Rogues !!!
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-gaming, we need new rûles.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:05:21 pm »
i was victime of those 2 players
vaamp with Dr.Thug in NCR
and fashion with alligator in boneyard
gang banging me when i was starting but hey no problem ... days goes On and everything become a story to tell

Piotreq

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 08:27:31 pm »
I am disappointed,
Today I returned to spend time on fonline, I spend to hunt around hub no-more 1 exadecimal case of the city where i meet multiple Red-Encounter radio-0 with inside multiple old-players, they without-stops shoot everything that moves just for playing? and around hub? city of the welcoming, city of the new poepl.

I do not understand this behavior, Hub is a city Welcome? New for?

Then explain to me why players like -favorite-, vampp, shyfter and many other ancient people to me are here to scare away new and I want us to explain their because they have not understood than this city hub is a clean city where one comes to help and not kill new players.

You disappoint me much, yet you are among us for a long time and you should be mature.
Now you have paradise in game. Year later when I begin to play, there was no place to move, without being PK'ed.

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 08:28:20 pm »
The moral of the story here is to not drop in on flares and expect to kill people and then cry after they beat you.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 08:53:21 pm »
Gnk you give the OP too much credit.

He doesn't know that red encounters are made by players.
In Maintenance Mode.

Yanok

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:39:30 pm »
Make one Red-Encounter around the NewPlayerSpawn (Hub) are an action of little shit => anti-players, anti-game and anti-new-players.

HUB Are one WELCOME area, not a shoot em up zone for old-pervers.

Take on city if you will action  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:42:38 pm by Yanok »

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 09:53:18 pm »
Any person within 5 blocks of the HUB that PK's is a little shit.

IMO that entire area should be no PK.

Suggested it before, but PK'ers like making this game lose people. Killing so much its a ghost town up north.

Most games have small PK areas instead of an entire map for PK for a reason.

But really most newbies don't know that red zones are usually traps. SO they walk in and get minced.
In Maintenance Mode.

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »
Well, Pkers who do tb, beware of sneaks
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 04:30:22 am »
Any person within 5 blocks of the HUB that PK's is a little shit.

IMO that entire area should be no PK.

Suggested it before, but PK'ers like making this game lose people. Killing so much its a ghost town up north.

Most games have small PK areas instead of an entire map for PK for a reason.

But really most newbies don't know that red zones are usually traps. SO they walk in and get minced.
Most people that like this game play it BECAUSE it isn't like most other games like that. This is the only mmo I play because these things. It makes for a more dynamic game that is much more fun. If you are scared to die then go play some other game because you won't get far in this one.

Now I know what you will say next "hurr durr its easy to say that when you are the one killing everyone" but when I started I would get killed all the time too but I didn't cry on forum or give up. I went and learned the game and joined a faction and practiced so that could start to die less and do more of the killing. Thats what's fun. Taking out that is what would kill the game.

And also its pretty easy to figure out after you walk in to a flare a couple times not to do it anymore. And to hunt your pve in areas people don't go to. Or to simply ask some people for help to learn the game. If you want to start as a new player and expect to never die and have no learning curve I think hello kitty would be a better game for you.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 11:55:22 am »
Most people here aren't most people who play the game. Most players come here then leave. After all its not like its easy to pick up from fallout 2 let alone from scratch.

There are plenty of games that take PVP to the entire world. Dayz, Warz, any Multiplayer shooter.

The reason why people play on Fonline are diverse. I'm here for the atmosphere and world building. PK'ers are here to kill and do TC.

The game is Get in a gang and get rich and fight like once a week. Or grind slowly for pennies.

If a new player pops in they'll be making several accounts and reading the hard to navigate wiki for info. And then still never get enough to have an edge on the comp for months. Met a 283HP Tank who didn't even know how to start combat manually.

Chances are he knew a buddy who let him into his gang, and he just pointed and clicked. No skill, No building. Just Hey dude kill other dudes with this OP gear I'm handing you.

This'll appeal to some, but what makes reloaded different from Fonline2 is that reloaded is more newbie friendly. And its obvious the PK'ing population don't like such features.

I've got nothing against PK'ing. I've got nothing against a hard game. I just want everyone to have a fair shot at succeeding. A red dot 2 seconds into the game is not a tutorial. It is not a learning experience. It is a slammed door.
The CoD 360 no scope hax of Fonline. If anything an alert should pop up telling anyone do you really want to go into a distress signal? PK'ing is the norm in these. -Even then the choices aren't always the newbie's fault. PK'ers will enter TB encounters near the HUB expecting easy killing. 9/10 they'll be right.

PVP should be disabled around the HUB just as in the HUB, if newbies never want to leave that's their issue they're losing out on exploring the game. But have a chance to get a feel of the game without running into legions of muderers.

If you want to kill so much take on someone your own size and let the little man run away. I wouldn't even be here if there were no safe zones littered across the map.

Before you say just make a tent. What happens when while traveling to the HUB with the tent from the quest you run into an encounter TB, then a 300HP Vindicator HPA shows up?

You die. No gear, No place to get gear. And a high chance to die when you leave the first area. The ones who stayed toughed it out, the others left and told others to stay away.

Do you know what's sad? San Francisco is safer than the HUB. Klamath is safer than the HUB, Den is safer than the HUB. And so is Broken Hills.

And do you know why? Its because people like you Gnk accept and even praise the allowing of PK'ing in the place Newbies spawn. If you had your way there would be no safe zone. There would be no shit shoveling. Only land mines and bombs.

We don't need two of the same thing. Like you said Reloaded is different than the other games. And in this case that means its more Newbie friendly than the other Fonlines.
In Maintenance Mode.

OldBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 01:49:20 pm »

Wall of text

This is WASTELAND. If you dont wanna die, go play PokeMMO https://pokemmo.eu/downloads/.

And do you know why? Its because people like you Gnk accept and even praise the allowing of PK'ing in the place Newbies spawn. If you had your way there would be no safe zone.

Multiplayer games based on interaction between players. If you dont like this go play fallout 2 or any other singleplayer rpg game.

I enter this game thinking its "fallout 2 online" and expect experience like in f2 rpg but its not possible becouse in this game you have ~100 chosen one players and no one(in some excpections) in worldmap want to be "a friendly npc from f2 rpg game"  :D

And when you do something first time its always hard. Your choice is you want to go through or withdraw.

You are serious? Who's mature? Player who take kill his/her avatar in game so personal? Or player who have a distance to that few pixels?

Strike

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 02:11:57 pm »
Just increase your outdoorsman and leave those WM signals for someone else. You can let them have their fun, and continue playing.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 02:16:34 pm by Strike »

Gnk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 03:44:48 pm »
Helpbot you say we do not need 2 of the same thing. Yet you want to make this game into the countless other non PvP MMOs. If you want that go play wow or run escape or something. There are very few games like this with lots of PvP and that's what makes it fun. Yes it will make people quit. But those are not the kinds of people who play these games. They should playcod where death means nothing or play fallout 2 which is exactly what you describe. This game with no PvP. The only reason this server is easier for noobs is because of the low player population. Otherwise you noons would die constantly. You don't know how easy you have it right now. So there are already servers with lower player counts than this, which would make them the best place for noobs to go. So go to goon server or something where there are 3 active players and then you would still complain when once every couple months one of them finds you and kills you.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 07:02:15 pm »
And no one here sees the difference between. PVP EVERYWHERE VS No PVP in 10 squares + PVP everywhere is ok.

I'm against Newbie spawn killing.

You Can't read if you think otherwise.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 07:05:36 pm by Help Bot »
In Maintenance Mode.

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:49:02 pm »
the whole about 10 squares of non pvp would be fine imo, let the newbs have a chance before getting shot