May 04, 2024, 11:14:08 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: PVE server more like PVP server with safe zones  (Read 13145 times)

Jack Tanner

• View Profile
PVE server more like PVP server with safe zones
« on: August 22, 2016, 05:01:37 pm »
My childish memory of F01&F02 forced me again to checkout new FOnline Reloaded as the old 2238 died out.

Some improvements maybe, but still this all seems like chewed Fallout bone.
PVE server offers some low tech, with bonus 50% to get PKs poping up from PVP, as for higher tech almost all in PVP area. In the end this so called PVE server offer new opportunities like 90% of gameplay is hiding or getting ganked by some PK.

So what is the point:
- of having a PVP server with some so called safe zones and name it PVE.
- creating character without free will, as you read already on start no 6 to all stats, no this no that use lockpick, outdorsmann etc..
- having any cool vehicles or power armors or any items when you have to hide them and almost never use them beyond your tent
- having companions, mercs, slaves when they just end up getting mawed down by ganking PKs
- exploring or encountering random maps or npcs when there is a high chance you will get PK bonus
- PVE dungeons.. wait what oh I mean PVP dungeons with npcs inside
I could go for hours, so I will shorten this novel...

At least today there are tons of MMO games out there like Fallen Earth or Neverwinter etc.. where you can see the basics for PVE server and how PVP fits in.

I remember the last breath of Fonline2238 just a bunch of naked people fisting each other.
Now in these ghost towns you can see PK gangs at entrance or some naked players running from each other near a shop.

Wouldn't the game look better with some more life in it and safety. Flourishing town with tons of players, cars on parking lots, companions searching fro their master etc...

Maybe you will see this as bitching but, I just wouldn't want to see this game fall apart again as in PVE server, where there is none so far...

The potential with all this is endless, add Fallout tactics towns, bunkers, quest to become mutant or ghoul ...

Fallout really has no boundaries in imagination... One of the best games in my book as for F01 and F02, F04 is not so bad those power armors are just awesome...

Sorry for such along post, just had to blow out some steam and concern for the future where there is only war.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Re: PVE server more like PVP server with safe zones
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 05:11:30 pm »

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 05:32:57 pm »
My childish memory of F01&F02 forced me again to checkout new FOnline Reloaded as the old 2238 died out.

Some improvements maybe, but still this all seems like chewed Fallout bone.
PVE server offers some low tech, with bonus 50% to get PKs poping up from PVP, as for higher tech almost all in PVP area. In the end this so called PVE server offer new opportunities like 90% of gameplay is hiding or getting ganked by some PK.

So what is the point:
- of having a PVP server with some so called safe zones and name it PVE.
- creating character without free will, as you read already on start no 6 to all stats, no this no that use lockpick, outdorsmann etc..
- having any cool vehicles or power armors or any items when you have to hide them and almost never use them beyond your tent
- having companions, mercs, slaves when they just end up getting mawed down by ganking PKs
- exploring or encountering random maps or npcs when there is a high chance you will get PK bonus
- PVE dungeons.. wait what oh I mean PVP dungeons with npcs inside
I could go for hours, so I will shorten this novel...

At least today there are tons of MMO games out there like Fallen Earth or Neverwinter etc.. where you can see the basics for PVE server and how PVP fits in.

I remember the last breath of Fonline2238 just a bunch of naked people fisting each other.
Now in these ghost towns you can see PK gangs at entrance or some naked players running from each other near a shop.

Wouldn't the game look better with some more life in it and safety. Flourishing town with tons of players, cars on parking lots, companions searching fro their master etc...

Maybe you will see this as bitching but, I just wouldn't want to see this game fall apart again as in PVE server, where there is none so far...

The potential with all this is endless, add Fallout tactics towns, bunkers, quest to become mutant or ghoul ...

Fallout really has no boundaries in imagination... One of the best games in my book as for F01 and F02, F04 is not so bad those power armors are just awesome...

Sorry for such along post, just had to blow out some steam and concern for the future where there is only war.
FOnline cant be compared to Neverwinter, its MMORPG too but completely different style. In FOnline you are roleplaying character in harsh wasteland, meeting other players and fight with them for goods, that makes sense for it right ? Its known as hardcore game full of PKers and losing stuff on death for years.. some games are hello kitty style, others are more hardcore, maybe this one is not for you.. Its true that you cant do PvE without occasional PvP but thats what i like in this game, you have to always be prepared.
About rare items as Power Armor.. thats what makes them so rare and its good while its not really true that noone is leaving tent with them, they are often seen in PvP, especially Town Control and New Reno, at least few times per week for sure. Just because you are afraid of losing your precious pixels it doesnt mean that everyone is same.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 05:41:40 pm »
Where does it say this is a PvE server?

I disagree that this game needs more safety, its actually considerably safer than it used to be. I think I little less would encourage more people to learn rather than stand around the hub showing off their prized T4.

I do agree though that the game could do with a few more private repeatable quests, like the gunrunners mission which I think is what you are wanting. Hopefully the wipe will bring us exactly that, so just hang in there.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 06:32:01 pm »
Yes there are some good pve quests where no pk can come drop in on you. Try the gunrunner supermutant quest, the quest feom junktown doctor to kill radscorpions, or the boneyard respawn area quest where you kill npc in subway. The last one may have the chance to see other players but so few do that mission that there is almost no chance to see them.

After the wipe there will be much more ability to pve safely without pkers dropping in on you. However this game would be worse without chances for pk and pvp at all. There needs to be a balance, but at the moment there is not enough content to support much pve so everyone ends up either doing pvp or stopping game eventually. So just wait til wipe.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:34:39 pm by Beer »

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 08:16:53 pm »
After the wipe there will be much more ability to pve safely without pkers dropping in on you.
how do you know ?

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 08:19:50 pm »
After the wipe there will be much more ability to pve safely without pkers dropping in on you.
how do you know ?
from offical video about next season: here

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »
how do you know ?
Because i made maps and was told what some of those maps would be used for.

Lonelylurker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 11:23:49 pm »
The hazard of running into some psychopath out in the wastes is realistic and appropriate to the setting.

However to have towns, even the 'unguarded' northern towns, be the death-traps they currently are is not.

Scrabble

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 11:40:30 pm »
I could not read the whole original post. I don't know what this guy is talking about. This game looks great to me.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 12:23:06 am »
However to have towns, even the 'unguarded' northern towns, be the death-traps they currently are is not.

So that's where we can find you...

Jack Tanner

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 05:57:38 am »
Where does it say this is a PvE server?

I read about it somewhere on the WWW, while I was digging information about the game... anyway It said Fonline Reloaded was the only server providing PVE, while other servers were singleplayer or pure PVP. That you had PVE maps, towns, dungeons etc...

Just I didn't find any of that here...

As my brother says...what do you expect it's the wasteland... lol...

Anyway the only thing I would like is from all these servers to have one PVE server... In my opinion it doesn't need to be entire map just a part or half of the map where - there is no PVP... so you can go wherever you like... do some PVE dungeons or bulld up a char and after go explore the PVP part of the map or compete in PVP etc...

In a PVE it's easier to find random people to do quests or dungeons, because they would be all over the towns etc... now everyone is just fleeing from each other, the ones that don't flee usually try to kill you...

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2016, 07:24:03 am »
If you expected a FOnline server to prioritise PvE then you will be coming into a series of online games that will certainly disappoint you.

Although I like to fire my bullets at other people, I am not going to condemn the idea of firing them at challenging NPC's either. However I must note, and this is for all players who decide to enter a FOnline server to play the game that, to come here, or to go to FOnline 2, TLA, AOP, etc is to go to a completely altered custom made game that have been made by a range of different developers using the 2238 source code, and as a result should not at all expect these games, or come to any of these games expecting it to be a cotton candy coated Fallout 1/2 online game, because it is not that at all.

If you really want to play a server that has a good amount of PvE content, then by all means check out FOnline TLA MK2. If you want a server to become more PvE oriented, such as Reloaded, then begin to minus the complaints you have in the game and start creating something that can be implemented to solve it!
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 08:30:48 am »
I must admit that I am often learkin around the towns and quite often find someone who either went idle or didn't realise that he wasn't safe. It's not like the guards are terribly hard to kill on your own if you are in the right place. I guess they could change it so that the towns are somewhat safe unless TC is triggered but that would certainly ruin some of the fun when you jump someone in there.  ::)

Let's be honest, nowhere is safe in this wasteland. That happens to be exactly how it would be, the creatures that lie in the shadows or that patrol the deserts aren't what you have to fear. It is the other players!

I have played the other servers, I don't like them at all. I believe Reloaded is the more easier and balanced one.. But nothing is perfect.
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.