May 10, 2024, 07:00:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Laser gatling discussion  (Read 11101 times)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
Re: Laser gatling discussion
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 01:51:03 am »
Most things that were said above are somehow true, but they depend one specific situations.

You have to consider something, Gatling laser VS CAmk2 is the case in wich gatling will deal the best damage it can. Put any other armor on and that damage will drop. Avenger VS tank in CAmk2 is the case in wich avenger will deal the lowest damage. Against any other less tanky characters its much better than gatling. I had that situation in TC, I spawned somewhere (231 hp sniper) and a gatling burster spammed me on range. I could tank it same as any full tank character, while avenger would have wrecked me.

Still, gatling is pretty strong, but damage was only made less random, not higher.

From 49-99 we went to 64-84 wich is a straigh +15 dmg boost per bullet. Do the maths.

(49+99)/2=74                    (64+84)/2=74

Average damage stayed the same, I don't know what maths you want us to do.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 11:29:23 am »
Most things that were said above are somehow true, but they depend one specific situations.

You have to consider something, Gatling laser VS CAmk2 is the case in wich gatling will deal the best damage it can. Put any other armor on and that damage will drop. Avenger VS tank in CAmk2 is the case in wich avenger will deal the lowest damage. Against any other less tanky characters its much better than gatling. I had that situation in TC, I spawned somewhere (231 hp sniper) and a gatling burster spammed me on range. I could tank it same as any full tank character, while avenger would have wrecked me.

Still, gatling is pretty strong, but damage was only made less random, not higher.

From 49-99 we went to 64-84 wich is a straigh +15 dmg boost per bullet. Do the maths.

(49+99)/2=74                    (64+84)/2=74

Average damage stayed the same, I don't know what maths you want us to do.
Common core :D

Yanok

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 05:31:44 pm »
i think we need to nerf the range gatling, because all the server play with a tank gatling now, for an rare weapon lootable, rare :D

1 : nerf the range, -1 or -2.
2 : make a rare weapon categorie.

or directly delete the gatling of the server, else delete everithink who are not a gatling.  ;D

i'm in watch of the video TC and i confirm the tank-gatling rusher are now a standart for all player in TC.

Obtaining

Enclave patrols
The Vault Shelter Special Encounter
The Abandoned Bunker Special Encounter
The Gun Runners Caravan Package
Random Encounters in ruins in Footlocker

NERF IT !
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:33:58 pm by Yanok »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 05:36:36 pm »
i think we need to nerf the range gatling, because all the server play with a tank gatling now, for an rare weapon lootable, rare :D

1 : nerf the range, -1 or -2.
2 : make a rare weapon categorie.

or directly delete the gatling of the server, else delete everithink who are not a gatling.  ;D

i'm in watch of the video TC and i confirm the tank-gatling rusher are now a standart for all player in TC.

Obtaining

Enclave patrols

NERF IT !

Ok if You cant win game, I will spoil You a secret. If enemy is inside city with lot of gattlings, just wear Your boys and girls in tesla, inhalate jet and rush them with lsw.

In addition to that I am happy that a lot people use gattlings, maybe it will enforce people to inhalate jet and stop being so tanky to normal dmg.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:40:50 pm by mkhammer »

Yanok

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 05:41:02 pm »
Tesla in TC with MFC and to reload your tesla with MFC, try it :facepalm

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »
Tesla in TC ok :facepalm

NERF something beacuse of TC :facepalm

Yanok

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 05:44:06 pm »
Obtaining

Enclave patrols

just made in rare weapon, this is simple no.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2015, 05:50:14 pm »
Well all my gattlings are borrowed from enclave patrols. You will see after some time people will learn to take jet, they will stop complain about gattlings.
Moreover what do You think, what for tesla and metal armors are in game?

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2015, 08:48:36 pm »
Since gatling has max damage on CA mk2, it's easy to counter with metal armor (more average dr than tesla) and jet as mkhammer said. I don't see why damage should be nerfed. Range on the other side is IMO a little high. 35 range like avenger would balance it against normal damage, or maybe 38 range to fit with 6 perception sight.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2015, 11:48:51 pm »
no no no lazergatling is allright how it is now ... better go balance other stuff

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2015, 04:16:23 pm »
Well you are saying that it is easy to counter Gatling laser with jet, I don't understand why it does counter them since Gatling lasers users can use jet too against you.
LeTroll you just repeated what we already knew about metal armors, about the damage of the Gatling I was kind when I wrote 80-100 damage because it can goes up to 110-115 damage sometimes at distance. Also you said that you don't see why the damage should be nerfed, well as I said and repeated many times there are not ENOUGH way to tank yourself against Gatling laser comparing to all other bursting weapons that are in the normal damage category.

FrankenStone:" no no no lazergatling is allright how it is now ... better go balance other stuff"  aka TrueGatlingUserComment that thinks only about using his precious gatling laser build.
Please if you post on forum try to bring some arguments with you...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:26:10 pm by NarrowMinded »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2015, 04:17:55 pm »
Well you are saying that it is easy to counter Gatling laser with jet, I don't understand why it does counter them since Gatling lasers users can use jet too against you.
LeTroll you just repeated what we already knew about metal armors, about the damage of the Gatling I was kind when I wrote 80-100 damage because it can goes up to 110-115 damage sometimes at distance. Also you said that you don't see why the damage should be nerfed, well as I said and repeated many times there are not ENOUGH way to tank yourself against Gatling laser comparing to all other bursting weapons that are in the normal damage category.

FrankenStone:" no no no lazergatling is allright how it is now ... better go balance other stuff"  aka TrueGatlingUser that thinks only about using his precious gatling laser build.
Please if you post on forum try to bring some arguments with you...

Tesla armor

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2015, 04:24:25 pm »
Again talking about armors ? You re talking here about the only one way to protect yourself against GL again, because the truth is that there is no other way to protect yourself against it except adrenaline rush.

And also LeTroll said something true, he said that MetalArmorMk2 got better general resistance, your solution to wear tesla armor is good for hunting enclave maybe like you must do 24/7.
But in PvP you ll got blown up watch my screens in hinkley to see the damage you ll take and I was in metal armor mk2 so better resist against normal damage; imagine now wearing tesla armor...

Also for explosions and plasma types for example it is acceptable that only armor protects you because there are no bursting weapon for this category, but for laser it is not the case that's what I denounce !

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2015, 04:31:39 pm »
If you can't accept the fact that desert armor/camk2 is not the top armor, we can't help you.
Gatling is as good as avenger is, and it's as good as other weapons from this tier.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2015, 04:43:04 pm »
yeah i can confirm that , lazergat is balanced man ... i played now for some time with a lazergat build ... sometimes u get good dmg at range sometimes u get shit for spending 6 ap like 30 hp dmg ... plus when enemy is wearing metal armor or tesla u screwed because mostly u dont have brd with a lazergat build ... but that was all pointed out before .

why u cry so much about it anyway ? to me it seems like balanced . only thing which i could think in comparison to lazergats which cud use some buff would be the enclave armor , it says its prototype against energy attacks still its not as good as a BA against energy attacks , so my vote would go to buff the DR for enclave armor .... maybe 10% or 15 % ... but thats all what i can think of , rest is fine .