May 12, 2024, 07:06:34 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How to handle losing everything  (Read 6392 times)

Esteban W.

• Gear is love. Gear is life.
    • View Profile
How to handle losing everything
« on: September 14, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »
Today, I woke up and logged on to this glorious game. I came, to find only my character, standing in the middle of an empty Outpost.
We lost everything. Our car, our materials, blueprints, even the simple little things like Nuka cola and Brahmin hide were stolen. Turns out a good friend of ours decided to suddenly steal everything, for no reason. We removed him from the list that could travel here, and wandered aimlessly around our once glorious fort. Every single one of our containers were raided, we have nothing. Nearly a month of work, gathering materials from footlockers, caves, trading, whatever we could do to advance further into the game. And now it's all gone.
     Tragic, maybe, but the end? Never. We're going to continue, a fresh start I guess you could say. My repair character can still make a variety of weapons and such, as I have access to the GR's advanced workbench. But still, it sucks when things like this happen in MMO's. Don't simply give up, retaliate! Don't become some sort of revenge vessel, hellbent on murdering those who took everything from you, continue onward in the game and make a name for yourself. "Sweet jesus, did you hear about those guys that had an entire outpost's worth of gear taken from them?! They even had a car, too, that's like two hundred thousand caps!"
    "Yea, but they made it all up in like 5 days. THAT'S a legend if I've ever seen one.."
"What is, what what? Gear? Did someone say gear? I got you covered."

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
Re: How to handle losing everything
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 05:27:21 pm »
Welcome to Fallout Online!

You are not the first one, you are not the last one who's base/tent was raped. This is a part of the game.
You should be very careful about whom you invite to your tents/bases as some people can be a base rapists.

Another thing is never travel with map of your base/tent location in your backpack and watch your travel party list for unwanted followers.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Esteban W.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 05:30:42 pm »
Me and my friends have been playing this game since release, and it was one of our trusted members that stole everything. It was some stupid external goals that led him to act so compulsive, but whatever. We lost a bunch of stuff, every single locker in our outpost was filled to the brim with stuff, and our car was loaded too. Sometimes, shit happens.

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 05:37:39 pm »
Me and my friends have been playing this game since release, and it was one of our trusted members that stole everything. It was some stupid external goals that led him to act so compulsive, but whatever. We lost a bunch of stuff, every single locker in our outpost was filled to the brim with stuff, and our car was loaded too. Sometimes, shit happens.
Generally if you don't know the guy in real life - don't invite him.
There are some people who are known base-rapists since 2238 server times.
Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.

Esteban W.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 05:38:57 pm »
Crazy. But thanks for the general advice, I'm sure anyone new to the game who looks at this and not make the same mistakes we did.

Strike

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 05:42:08 pm »
Best is when you are on footlocker hunt.
You get massive loot, then just someone kill you and takes everything. Few blueprints, meh I don't need them even anymore.

paco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
How many of you?
<wimp> crucify apaco and paco for telling you how to use a computer and get on irc
Quote from: Carl von Clausewitz
War is such a dangerous business that mistakes that come from kindness are the very worst.

Esteban W.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 07:59:58 pm »
Together, we had 11 people. Most of them were pretty new and stuff. We got our caps via footlockers and junk, and I started a crafting character. I can make some pretty cool stuff and rebuild most of what we lost, but we just had so much stuff..

Hotpocket

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:51 pm »
Playtime is ogre.

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 10:42:56 pm »
This has happened to my faction. The first time it about a day after our faction had started and we hadn't put much effort into the base at all. Just dropped some looted weapon and leather armor, along with some radios and crafting materials (from the protected mine that is right next to our base). Oddly enough, the guy that jacked all the stuff donated 20,000 caps just to us just hours before. So it was like he was over paying us to take all the stuff from our base.

The other day someone tried to do something similar. Except they were retarded. They tried to act like the alt of one of our members. So I went head and lead him to our base, acting like he would be allowed into the faction. While I was taking them to the base, I was coordinating out of game with the person he was trying to impersonate. I then had the guy he was impersonating come up behind him and you could tell he was in deepshit, cause he immediately ran for the exit of the base. But the mini-gun cut him down instantly.

Oddly enough, he had brought 700 caps and several other items with him to the base. Not sure what that was about. But we got that + a shitton of laughs. Even more funny is that the guy apparently thought he still had access to our base (which he never had to begin with, so idk where that came from) and tried leading a bunch of people from another faction to the base to raid it. They got everything in the base, plus a car. Needless to say it wasn't our base and the guy had apparently lead them to his own base :P

P.S. If you try to get us to let you into the faction via our general chatter radio channel, you wont get far. We had a back-up channel that important stuff is talked about, as well as IRC/TS3.

Hippie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 11:58:06 pm »
I still lol so much at that guy pretending to be my Alt. And me just spontaneously arriving at our base. And you realizing he wasnt my alt.

Like a classic film scene.

oddleif

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 10:04:01 am »
So many ppl followed me to my empty tents and base allready to hex me on spawn ajd steal my gear -"sometimes you kill the bear sometimes it eats you" luckily never lost more than a vindi and hav gained a wide collection of megapwrfists and leatherjackets (-;

But one day i felt like you i get up and log on to glorious session with coffe and cigs and trading and BAM i am in an empty base and freak totally out cos they even stole the lockers !!!
Then i run out exitgrid and notice is not my own outpost even xDDD
Regards and stay vigilante

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 02:14:38 am »
I have little experience with being baseraped, but quite a bit as a baseraper. I am however glad to see you haven't given up on the game as a result, just think of it as an early wipe for you khek. Remember, the wastleland is a cruel mistress.

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:16 am »
Many players go fu***d and baseraped etc etc.
Don't give up, it's a fresh start, or a start to make things even better  :D
Good luck pal!

MasacruAlex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2016, 12:16:29 am »
Lesson learned, always have a 2nd nearby base that only you know of, spread the loot just in case.