May 21, 2024, 03:03:23 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bring back TC windows  (Read 26366 times)

Beer

• View Profile
Re: Bring back TC windows
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 06:00:18 pm »
As an American player I used to be against the idea, for example last session I only got to do TC in Redding or Broken Hills MAYBE once the whole time.

I'm 50/50 for/against it now though, assuming it's done reasonably so there are a couple of towns available for TC no matter your time zone.

What hours would be perfect for American players ?
As an american it would be best to have towns windows at around 10pm eastern standard time because then even west coast people would mainly be off of work by that time. I think 3 towns should be windowed to maybe 9 10 and 11 pm eastern standard time and have the other 3 (Klamath BH and redding) at the times they were last session for euros.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 06:13:11 pm »
As an American player I used to be against the idea, for example last session I only got to do TC in Redding or Broken Hills MAYBE once the whole time.

I'm 50/50 for/against it now though, assuming it's done reasonably so there are a couple of towns available for TC no matter your time zone.

What hours would be perfect for American players ?

Honestly I have no idea, my gut instinct would be making them different times a few hours apart, since time in the US can vary +\- a few hours.

It probably doesn't matter, since if everyone knows what times the windows are we will be able to plan for it if it's something we want to do.

It's not so much about keeping your town overnight for me, just that being windowed we would be more likely to get PvP.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:19:32 pm by Wind_Drift »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 07:14:09 pm »
Make Redding 9-11 pm and BH 2-4 am server time. :)

Bad_Lieutenant

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 01:54:47 am »
+1

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 02:34:21 am »
-1. Just say NO to TC windows (and any other unfair rules).

It's simple. Having no time restrictions, is fair. Anything else is unfair. Everything is open and up for grabs now. Close that down, and all you do is limit the game for some, but not the rest. And no use counting votes on this because Euros have the majority.

Hey i know, bring back anti-american TC windows that favor Europeans like last season, for BH and Redding. But only if you add anti-European TC windows for Gecko and Den that favor Americans.

Now that would be fair. Or just keep it how it is atm - no windows, totally fair.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2015, 03:24:49 am »
Yeah since docan asked what time would be best for americans im assuming he plans to add windows for both USA and europe so it should be plenty fair.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2015, 04:34:57 am »
Yeah since docan asked what time would be best for americans im assuming he plans to add windows for both USA and europe so it should be plenty fair.
ooooo

a TC window for americans would be awesome :D

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2015, 05:59:22 am »
ooooo

a TC window for americans would be awesome :D

With six towns, I think there would be enough opportunity for windows for everyone.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2015, 04:42:12 pm »
We already have windows though. The windows are wide open for all, 24/7/365.  Closing them only limits certain players. Why would we want to limit ourselves? I think the only guys wanting this are only wanting it if it limits others.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 05:11:27 pm »
We already have windows though. The windows are wide open for all, 24/7/365.  Closing them only limits certain players. Why would we want to limit ourselves? I think the only guys wanting this are only wanting it if it limits others.

Two reasons.

1. You start timers and stand around for hours, no one shows up. You know people are online, they just no show. A few hours later when server pop goes down, someone else takes the towns... and stands around for an hour. No one is online to come. TC is effectively only in practice to hamster caps, not to PvP.

2. You take a town, no one shows. You move on to another, as soon as you start a timer, someone else starts a timer in that other town you just took. You effectively get to make a decision, abandon your current timer and go back to fight knowing that they'll leave when your timer stops, and there will be no PvP anyway, or stay there and still not PvP.

The benefit of timers that I understand now is that you pretty much HAVE to PvP if you want to loot the box. Show up and fight, or you don't get it.

Just my opinion. It's not to limit anything, it's to encourage PvP. It seems to me there was consistently PvP in windowed towns during those hours, but not in the 24/7 "all the time" towns.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 05:18:46 pm by Wind_Drift »

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 06:00:08 pm »
No it causes more PvP because all players that are able all get on at the window time do because they know that is when everyone else is on. Also this means that some factions can't just wait 2 hours when another faction is capping towns and retake them when nobody is online. It is more limiting to PvP to have no windows because of these reasons and tc is meant for PvP. I want all players to try tc which is why its good there are now windows for Americans as well. And really the amount of people who can't make either window and are also willing to attempt tc is so small as to be nonexistent. If there are 1 or 2 people who can't make it to any window suggested that's sad but necessary casualty. The only people who want no windows are people who don't want PvP and just want to sneak towns in the middle of the night and loot the boxes.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2015, 11:27:51 pm »
It's painful to read such flawed logic. Look it's easy:

You take a town and hope for a fight. If you don't get one, don't blame the time. If some team does TC later, that's because they were on at that time, not earlier when you did TC, and now they have a shot at TC. Limit it, and that team has no shot and quits.

Once again we see people trying to fix something that is not really broken by associating two things that are not actually related. Please, do not become doctors IRL - you'll likely pass bad diagnosis too.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2015, 11:41:49 pm »

You take a town and hope for a fight. If you don't get one, don't blame the time. If some team does TC later, that's because they were on at that time, not earlier when you did TC, and now they have a shot at TC. Limit it, and that team has no shot and quits.

Once again we see people trying to fix something that is not really broken by associating two things that are not actually related. Please, do not become doctors IRL - you'll likely pass bad diagnosis too.

99% of the experiences I relayed in my post you were a part of, and were there to witness.

ravenp

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2015, 11:49:50 pm »

do you even tc?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2015, 11:52:49 pm »
Do i even TC? In BH or Redding? Rarely, because of the very windows we're debating! LOL! Open the windows and now i can. You want more fights in Redding? Then stop closing the window to this side of the planet. Duh.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 11:57:56 pm by Henry »