May 22, 2024, 03:18:59 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Stop the bluesuit looting in New Reno.  (Read 11287 times)

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
    • My tumblr. Nsfw drawings.
Re: Stop the bluesuit looting in New Reno.
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2014, 12:01:24 am »
There should definitely be something to stop bluesuiters. that box is specifically there as a pvp reward, so logically it should be for those attempting to pvp, even if nobody is there. Thats why i think steves gear restriction idea is good but dont restrict it to just CA and up/ make it so a sneaker in leather can get it too. because you can definitely pvp with a sneaker, just do a skill check as well. Or just add slags like warehouse. I love watching bluesuits try to loot warehouse and get killed by slags over and over. Then when they get to the box they cant open it lol.
The lockpicks thing was good enough to me. The real issue is people coming back and running naked into gunfire hoping to get lucky. Even if they come bluesuit with a lockpick, at least it'll require some prep on their part rather than having nothing. Probably be easier to implement too.
I'd be happy with that because at least it would be a start towards curbing this stuff. Can't tell you the amount of times I've killed a bluesuit and said don't come bluesuit to reno. The response is always "what are you going to do? Kill me? Ha!" because there is 0 consequence to dying bluesuit.

^ truth

Used to be able to KO them and plant dynamite in their inv. for that 8 minute respawn, but we don't get that pleasure anymore.

Lockpick is kind of a weak requirement though, and adding Slags or similar kinda ruins Reno PvP (see warehouse backstabbing).

I still think Reno was better without the locker, and would personally like to see those type of spawns only in dungeons like Warehouse.
What if they lowered Reno spawns a tier? No PA or gauss rifles, but you can still get like adv CA mkII or whatever.
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2014, 12:04:29 am »
There should definitely be something to stop bluesuiters. that box is specifically there as a pvp reward, so logically it should be for those attempting to pvp, even if nobody is there. Thats why i think steves gear restriction idea is good but dont restrict it to just CA and up/ make it so a sneaker in leather can get it too. because you can definitely pvp with a sneaker, just do a skill check as well. Or just add slags like warehouse. I love watching bluesuits try to loot warehouse and get killed by slags over and over. Then when they get to the box they cant open it lol.
The lockpicks thing was good enough to me. The real issue is people coming back and running naked into gunfire hoping to get lucky. Even if they come bluesuit with a lockpick, at least it'll require some prep on their part rather than having nothing. Probably be easier to implement too.
I'd be happy with that because at least it would be a start towards curbing this stuff. Can't tell you the amount of times I've killed a bluesuit and said don't come bluesuit to reno. The response is always "what are you going to do? Kill me? Ha!" because there is 0 consequence to dying bluesuit.

^ truth

Used to be able to KO them and plant dynamite in their inv. for that 8 minute respawn, but we don't get that pleasure anymore.

Lockpick is kind of a weak requirement though, and adding Slags or similar kinda ruins Reno PvP (see warehouse backstabbing).

I still think Reno was better without the locker, and would personally like to see those type of spawns only in dungeons like Warehouse.
What if they lowered Reno spawns a tier? No PA or gauss rifles, but you can still get like adv CA mkII or whatever.
That would just punish the pvpers. the bluesuits would still camp it. its either a full box or no box at all imo. Just needs to be a box with restrictions so you have to risk SOMETHING to be able to loot it.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2014, 12:25:07 am »
Nobody is raging over you. You're just not significant enough to evoke that kind of emotion in anybody. Feel free to waste your time coming to the PvP town when you're not even a PvPer just to try and upset someone you don't even know or have any reason to dislike.
This whole thread id about raging over people like me.
Sooooooo......

Raeg moar.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2014, 12:29:18 am »
Kind of interesting how everyone who's disagreed so far (minus STALKER) has been someone who doesn't actually PvP. The best loot in the game should not be obtainable for free, if you disagree with that then check yourself into a mental health facility. This thread is here to make a suggestion to the devs, not to have a roleplaying discussion with the shitters that are doing all this bluesuit looting.
No only you and the OP agree. Even Wind Drift didn't agree with you, and he's C88.
Even just adding the requirement of a lockpick set to open the locker could help with this (not even lockpick skill, just the item) - they won't just keep coming back if they need to bring an item they don't have an infinite amount of. Might not be a permanent solution, but it could help.
You can make unlimited numbers of lockpick sets. Duh. Wow, are you REALLY as stupid as you are?

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2014, 12:33:52 am »
I feel like I'm repeating myself, but here goes:
I'ts not her falaut you like the sound of your own voice.
A new player shouldn't be able to wander into New Reno and find HPA or an implant.
Why no? Lucky shit happens.....
It completely skips any form of gear progression, it undermines players that worked hard to get good at the game, it's completely retarded.
So? You'll get it off of them in a few minutes when they wear it into the mines or whatever ANYWAYS....
The worst part is that the people who are doing this won't ever use the items they find in PvP, they'll just continue to sit around in their base and talk with the power armor they found on.
So? How often do we see you anywhere New Reno/Warehouse/TC zone with PA on?
Never.
I'm in the barracudas, and I would MUCH MUCH rather see Ultra Violence or Amboys getting locker loot/owning towns than some bluesuit who doesn't even know not to bring JHP into PvP.
TC lockers are already controlled. you're just conjuring up EXCUSES by any lie necessary to justifiy your position.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 12:37:22 am »
There should definitely be something to stop bluesuiters. that box is specifically there as a pvp reward, so logically it should be for those attempting to pvp, even if nobody is there.
Again, W-H-Y? Why shouldn't an FNG have just as much right to play IN ALL WAYS as someone who's....

SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO GET AROUND THE SYSTEM.
Thats why i think steves gear restriction idea is good but dont restrict it to just CA and up/ make it so a sneaker in leather can get it too. because you can definitely pvp with a sneaker, just do a skill check as well.
So, no USEFUL comments here......
Or just add slags like warehouse. I love watching bluesuits try to loot warehouse and get killed by slags over and over. Then when they get to the box they cant open it lol.
You want it guarded? YOU DO IT.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 12:39:28 am »
Can't tell you the amount of times I've killed a bluesuit and said don't come bluesuit to reno. The response is always "what are you going to do? Kill me? Ha!" because there is 0 consequence to dying bluesuit.
And most of them were probably me, and I'm gonna continue to PISS YOU OFF with that.

Seriosuly, this threads only good for one thing- watch you bitchs CRY!!!!! about "Ooooooooh!!!!! Dirty damn noobs should play!!!!!!! Wa-hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 12:43:11 am »

See? Am I not kind? Am I not generous? I even got you a new avatar, more appropriate to your ACTUAL

SKILLS.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2014, 12:44:25 am »
No.... to get a smoke, pee, and then get back to pissing some wannabees off in.....
NEW RENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2014, 12:46:59 am »
Oh god did Mika just consume the thread with entirely her posts?
Ayyyy lmao. I'm a shithead and trash. Now that we know that, lets talk business eh?

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2014, 12:48:22 am »
Nah. This wholre thread's off-topic it belongs it thunderdome.

Blix

• Wiki Editor
  • Idk what to do now
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2014, 12:53:13 am »
Nah. This wholre thread's off-topic it belongs it thunderdome.
It wasn't off topic. We were discussing how to stop bluesuiting in reno, which is a suggestion.
You derailed it just now.

Strike

« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2014, 01:00:25 am »
+1

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2014, 01:01:48 am »
Yeah the forum admins might be mad at you for "spamming" a thread with more than 1 consecutive post. Oh and Wind_Drift was never C88. Ask him but i think you mean S8. Both have eights, but two different factions lol.

Randy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2014, 01:12:45 am »
Kind of interesting how everyone who's disagreed so far (minus STALKER) has been someone who doesn't actually PvP.

Pure lies, as we can see here:

No pvp, huh? Two of us in this thread were in that fight. Where were you? Stop posting BS on forum and get into PvP more. If you get this upset when people disagree [with your bad ideas], then maybe you should go play outside for a while:

The best loot in the game should not be obtainable for free...

...and it isn't free, even in Reno. You have to take risks to get that loot. If anyone is there, expect a fight. PvP! Hurray! But if nobody is there, check for loot and look forward to when someone is there, maybe next time. So what's the big deal? Maybe you'll understand more after you've done more PvP.

A new player shouldn't be able to wander into New Reno and find HPA or an implant. It completely skips any form of gear progression, it undermines players that worked hard to get good at the game...

Since when does this game force any sort of fair "progression"? It doesn't. It is wasteland. And no, it doesn't undermine anyone at all. That's in your head. So what if some newps run into dangerous places and get something cool? Luck them. That doesn't cost you anything.

There is no risk to bluesuiting in reno. That's what the entire thread is about. Just fuck off if you don't have anything to contribute beyond insults. I won't even go into why your statement of "Maybe you'll understand more after you've done more PvP." statement is stupid and petty; you've clearly just come into this thread because you're still holding a grudge. Take it to forum PvP, you autistic piece of shit. Everybody knows you're not going to say anything constructive here: You're solely hear to disagree with me, and that's it. You're nothing but a drone who will sit here and defend any status quo in the game, no matter how much it may take away from serious players. Do everyone a favor and go back to editing roleplay articles on the shitty wiki, or better yet, just stop breathing.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 01:18:41 am by Randy »
Dropped my motion sensor on the world map crew