May 22, 2024, 02:32:24 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Encourage PvP  (Read 7651 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
Re: Encourage PvP
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2014, 12:46:08 pm »
Ehem... Steve? PvP stands for "Player versus Player."
Uh- Ya. ;)
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Artyom Romanov

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2014, 10:57:51 pm »
Yeah, let's just have everyone kill each other everywhere for whatever reason. Because what a game needs is more punishment for PVE and new characters.

PVPer's need an arena or something so you guys can all just duke it out.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2014, 11:01:15 pm »
Yeah, let's just have everyone kill each other everywhere for whatever reason. Because what a game needs is more punishment for PVE and new characters.

PVPer's need an arena or something so you guys can all just duke it out.

You've been here two days, you don't even know anything about the game.

Apparently you don't read threads either, because your "suggestion" was implemented years ago, it's called Hinkley. It's right beside Hub. It's literally the closest location to the new player spawn town.

It has even been discussed multiple times in this thread (which you didn't read).

If you don't want to PvP just avoid it. To do that you need to learn more about the game. Once you know what features the game has, or have a character older than the thread you're commenting on, you can make suggestions. Just make sure the feature you want doesn't already exist (even if you're just intending to be rude).

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:14:18 pm by Wind_Drift »

Artyom Romanov

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2014, 12:07:07 am »
Wind Drift;
"If you don't want to PvP just avoid it."

My friends and I try, we can't. We got pickpocketed and reverse bombed in a 'guarded' town. As well as getting wasted for no reason in our own random encounters we started. Hell, I was mining/crafting (as was suggested to me) and got killed along the way to buy Gunsmith 2 by players. I accidentally joined an encounter of theirs, and I was trying leave. 120+ damage in the back. I'm not trying to be rude, it's just frustrating being a newb and basically getting picked on like that fat kid in school.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 12:18:50 am by Artyom Romanov »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2014, 12:56:36 am »
My friend.... in this game, EVERYONE starts as that fat kid. If you wanted to play an easy game, you should have looked elsewhere. This is a big boy game, so either replace your diaper with a pair of briefs, or quit like most softies do.

Artyom Romanov

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2014, 01:19:39 am »
Real encouraging.

"Die or quit" is pretty much what you're telling me.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2014, 01:21:11 am »
Die and get better. Then you'll die less and less until eventually, you'll be doing the killing.

Artyom Romanov

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2014, 01:27:40 am »
Die and get better. Then you'll die less and less until eventually, you'll be doing the killing.

Whenever we die, we lose all our gear. And basically kicks us back to having nothing. The only reason we've survived is because of Tarog (or close) dropping us combat armor and 2 guns. Which, didn't really matter when we took 120+ damage in one shot.

I don't want to do any PVP either. I never really cared for it, and I always stayed out of it. I just want to play a co-op game with friends.

Gimper

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2014, 01:29:49 am »
Dude listen, nothing has changed in this game from day one (well maybe a few things, but still). Everyone who is on this server has been in your shoes, but you have an advantage. You have friends playing with you! If everyone else pulled through (mostly alone) then you will definitely be able to stick it out.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2014, 01:41:21 am »
My friend.... in this game, EVERYONE starts as that fat kid. If you wanted to play an easy game, you should have looked elsewhere. This is a big boy game, so either replace your diaper with a pair of briefs, or quit like most softies do.

Steve, that's mean.

He's a special snowflake, he doesn't want to hear about how he can do it, the same way everyone else did.

He just wants everything dumbed down to his level, and his own personal expectations met.

Fuck everyone else, he's special.

We should be so thankful he's here.

::)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2015, 11:59:17 am »
Hmm Hinkley's gonna be improved, and the idea presented in the first post is flawed as others described.