May 21, 2024, 11:15:58 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Implant Cap (2) or just remove from game  (Read 10048 times)

Kelin

• View Profile
Re: Implant Cap (2) or just remove from game
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 10:03:37 am »
Just curious, what is the point of having implants? I mean what was the motivation to even add them, can anyone explain to me how they enhance the gameplay? Except that everyone wants them, everyone needs them now and those who don't have those suffer in pvp because they have a disadvatage and there is very little to do something about it (maybe raising your hamster skill, not the pvp skill).

If it's about permanently rewarding the biggest hamsters or the lucky ones, then mission accomplished. For me any kind of such permament bonus will remain as a gamebreaking feature that cripples the game or at least the competitive side of it.

Kaaon

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 01:51:47 pm »
Just curious, what is the point of having implants? I mean what was the motivation to even add them, can anyone explain to me how they enhance the gameplay? Except that everyone wants them, everyone needs them now and those who don't have those suffer in pvp because they have a disadvatage and there is very little to do something about it (maybe raising your hamster skill, not the pvp skill).

If it's about permanently rewarding the biggest hamsters or the lucky ones, then mission accomplished. For me any kind of such permament bonus will remain as a gamebreaking feature that cripples the game or at least the competitive side of it.
motivation to do something, to play because you can upgrade your char with implants
at least there is (will be) something hard to achieve and you arent done at lvl 24 when you have crafted enough equipment for pvp

however they shouldnt be that strong, 40hp and 1/8 to all res is too much, i suggest to them cap them at 1 per character (1 nemean, 1 phoenix, 1 dermal)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:53:43 pm by Seki »

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »
motivation to do something
Ok, that's one. I think there are better means to motivate players, but ok, keep 'em coming.

Strike

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 02:35:23 pm »
Just way to better character development, maybe after wipe it will be more interesting as they will be actually "rare"

Who would play with same character with same SPECIAL all the time? With implants, you can get +1 to your SPECIAL and custom your character little more without doing new alt. And not sure about what kind new implants there will be after wipe, but I think those are also for better character development.

DR/DT + Nemean implants are most problematic implants. Focus on them and try to get them balanced:

(level 40+ implants)
Dermal Enhancement - 8% Normal / Explode / Electro Resistance, 1 Normal / Explode / Electro Threshold
Phoenix Enhancement - 8% Fire / Laser / Plasma Resistance, 1 Fire / Laser / Plasma Threshold
Nemean Armor - +20 Maximum Hit Points

and make it possible for character to have only one of those three implants installed.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:47:20 pm by Strike »

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 02:56:05 pm »
Who would play with same character with same SPECIAL all the time? With implants, you can get +1 to your SPECIAL and custom your character little more without doing new alt.
I'd always rather make a new alt than tweaking one build with implants into oblivion. In fact now people are forced to have only one character and to put implants on it.

Some random pvp screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/Lk3zAst.jpg

If I'm not mistaken almost all of those builds from the screenshot are 300+ hp tanks, where is the build diversity? How exactly do implants help with having different character classes like snipers, minigunneros, pistoleros, P90 brd tanks etc.

Now you can either play as an sg/bg tank with good resistance and max hp or implanted turbo plasma. All other classes are just useless.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 03:45:48 pm »
Suggest:
-Hp Cap 310 or 290 hp
-Stat implants must be more accessible
-2 resist implat per character: 2 dermal or 2 phenix, or 1 dermal + 1 phenix

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 05:13:05 pm »
Suggest:
-Hp Cap 310 or 290 hp
Aawww poor ruskie wont be able to play with his 329 HP bozar tank :(

@strike - you can always reroll your although and really the only special implants that are worth it is ST,PE, or AG depending on character type.

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 05:23:30 pm »
Suggest:
-Hp Cap 310 or 290 hp
Aawww poor ruskie wont be able to play with his 329 HP bozar tank :(

@strike - you can always reroll your although and really the only special implants that are worth it is ST,PE, or AG depending on character type.

My potato computer doesn't allow it

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2014, 08:40:25 pm »
What I'm trying to say - if +8/1 (to half res) is not better than 20HP

Grab a char with 60% DR 11 normal (...) 230 damage.
grab a char with 68% dr 12 (...) 210 dmg
(And only with Normal.) Then obviously it's not better.

Rancor

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2014, 06:47:17 am »
I don't see any overpowered advantages given by implants, all implanted chars are still vulnerable to a few weapons, such as turbo, among others, or not ;)

And if anything implants make players overly confident that leads them to respawn if they don't play smart.

It is said that Adversity is a great teacher, so instead of tackling a technical problem by opting for it's banishment or less, why not instead tackle problem directly with your choice of weaponry to fight specific configuration of enemy forces?, and yes, tactics....

I support mojuk's suggestion however, so +1 there.

Although don't get hopes up for a removal or Nerf on this session, not after the broc flower collecting on flowerchild Dev auction, so get comfy, and enjoy the ride, but i could be wrong. ;p
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 07:16:25 am by Ranc »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2014, 08:56:22 pm »
I'm of the opinion that SPECIAL implants aren't too game breaking, but the Phoenix, Nemean, and Dermals in their current form are a bit much.

I would suggest making SPECIAL implants a little easier to find, but the others a lot harder to find. Lowering the bonus in some of them would be good, as well as maybe limiting each character to only one level 40 implant.

Dunno, my fairly limited experience with PvP this session didn't really give me keen insight to the magic "balance", but I didn't see too much wrong with the implant feature as I experienced it.

I'm sure others know better than me, it's just my humble opinion.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2014, 05:20:22 am »
My potato computer doesn't allow it

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2014, 08:53:13 am »
I don't see any overpowered advantages given by implants, all implanted chars are still vulnerable to a few weapons, such as turbo, among others, or not ;)
Basically what you are saying is, once you are fully implanted you are almost a god, but there are still ways to kill you, once you use some rare weapons, right? To kill a hamster, you need to become even bigger hamster with constant access to rares, otherwise you are fucked.

This game used to be really cool in times where you needed easily accessible stuff to kill anyone, but as the time goes by, you are now required to use a few rare weapons to beat your implanted enemy. Btw I don't believe implants becoming rare the next session, hamsters will find ways to get them all no matter what.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2014, 11:42:58 am »
FO2 made very nice ballance with implants.

there you can use only 1 special implant which is much better than now.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2014, 11:54:05 am »
Yea implants on FO2 may be somehow balanced, but from what I've seen the rest of the game is extremely unbalanced. Heard whole stories about Tier 4, not interested to hear more.