May 06, 2024, 02:29:57 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Warehouse / tier4 / implants  (Read 3456 times)

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
    • View Profile
Warehouse / tier4 / implants
« on: August 24, 2015, 12:06:15 am »
As I know, random encounter are the only way to get implant / tier 4 loot. Personally I thing is take WAY too much time and bring so few fun.

I will personally change Warehouse (or add a new pvp map like the one at the end of 2238) where a faction need 5 people with stuff (like Redding or brokken Hill) to starts taking control of it. When they do every body know they are there (like tc) and each 15-30 min some USEFULL stuff (SS, AMMO, PVP GUN and armor and tier 4 stuff, implants) spawns in a chest only the faction can open.

That will bring PVP / nice loot / fun.

EDIT: I thing finding a way to bring thing like implants back is important, people who just join can have something many players from start of session have... Or remove all of them.

EDIT2: Some wave of NPC could attack the faction to make them deserve the loot + make them do something of the time...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:19:21 am by LeMark »

Kaaon

Re: Warehouse / tier4 / implants
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:36:20 am »
current guide of how to get rare items and implants
Spoiler: show

- run many sandboxies
- make 24 lvl (i think there is some lvl check if i remember properly), 175 outdoorsman alts
- click on opposite corner of worldmap on all those alts
- play on main char while your alts search for special encos

im not suggesting anything but i want to say that current way of obtaining rare items is really terrible, special encounters can be farmed, rare items shouldnt be farmable and what else, players using multilogs are in very big advantage
so im up for any change of obtaining rare items

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 12:40:37 am »
+1, I totally agree.

I miss implants in TC lockers, Warehouse, Reno. I believe that removing them, while it may have been done with good intent, only made this feature more of a grind. Last season, getting a "fully implanted" fighter was a goal one could reach. Now it seems like a goal beyond our reach. You find an AG implant now for example, and do what with it? Re-design your build for it? And then you find a Dermal implant and do what? Re-Rolling deletes the AG implant! So no more fully-implanted fighters? Grrr...

+1 to idea about a TC-like place, or even if not - to bring back implants. That Special Encounter with robots and 1 implant is awesome, but it's simply too rare as a sole means to get implants.

I do not want to mess up Ares though. So maybe Talchem could have chance for tier 4 items. Or some other new places.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 12:42:28 am by Henry »

LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 03:53:33 am »
I miss implants in TC lockers, Warehouse

I dont like that.

Tc is good at it is. Don t see why giving more bonus to peope who have more time to spend on tc timer when no action or live in good time zone. We cant control who take chest all the time so we cant share in a team with equity.

Warehouse and reno like previous sessious was horrible. Reward peolple who have a lot of time to waste going check the chest in bluesuit or sneaker.

I thing it isss important to have vood motivation to do it (better reward on each spawn than last session), have the obligatin to take a risk (miminum players number + tier 3 stuf on them), bring pvp (annoucement on map like tc) and have something to do during our time (pve).

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:48:01 am »
current guide of how to get rare items and implants
Spoiler: show

- run many sandboxies
- make 24 lvl (i think there is some lvl check if i remember properly), 175 outdoorsman alts
- click on opposite corner of worldmap on all those alts
- play on main char while your alts search for special encos

im not suggesting anything but i want to say that current way of obtaining rare items is really terrible, special encounters can be farmed, rare items shouldnt be farmable and what else, players using multilogs are in very big advantage
Making tier 4 anyhow farmable is terrible, people ofc will always cry that there is too much/too less tier4 in game, depends on the state, but current (if they are current) rolls on special encounters are quite "passable", no one brings good ideas about tier 4, because there are none good.
Imho tier4 should be event gear or "not-so-stronger-than-tier3" stuff found on special encounters which won't be farmable with passing checks but will be total random (1-100 lvl roll, sg/ew/bg check instead of outdoors, etc.)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2015, 06:54:27 am »
Tc is good at it is. Don t see why giving more bonus to peope who have more time to spend on tc timer when no action or live in good time zone. We cant control who take chest all the time so we cant share in a team with equity.

But it is opposite to what you suggested in first post, because people who "live in good time zone" could camp such location for easy top tier/implants without meeting much resistance.

Btw it will be added in next season for sure, currently - I don't think so. I don't like current top tier/implants spawns as well. But I'm planning to do some minor changes to TC/nr/warehouse lockers maybe this week. There is like zillion of posts about it in suggestions and not only so I don't think if any additional feedback is even necessary here.

Just forget about power armors and implants spawning in magic boxes the same way as in previous season, because if we make it then things will go south very fast.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2015, 08:03:29 am »

Yeah I am in the same mindset, it is good that they are rare, but at the stage when you want to find them, walking around the map endlessly isn't exactly high end fun.

Plus the whole multilog thing renders the rarity circumstantial.

As for how to make a reasonable change to this system I don't know. But SE hunting as it is, is possibly the most boring activity on the server, while also being potentially the most rewarding :\

But I'm planning to do some minor changes to TC/nr/warehouse lockers maybe this week.

Sounds interesting, I wonder to what extent.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 08:21:33 am by Blarney »

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 10:58:12 am »
I'd say less caps in TC lockers and more equipment (CA with minor stats bonusses and ammo). However right now the faction that has the best timezone can just capture towns at night and get 1m+ every day. Aside from setting specific timezones for capping, I have no idea how to solve that issue though.

TC should NEVER give implants, PA and freebies for that matter.

On the note of SE and implants: That's an issue aswell, right now getting implants is RNG. Perhaps one could award a single implant for some specific weekly pvp event. That would allow keeping track on the amount of implants in the game too. (Think capturing the Phoenix facility in TLA) 

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2015, 01:19:57 pm »
On the note of SE and implants: That's an issue aswell, right now getting implants is RNG. Perhaps one could award a single implant for some specific weekly pvp event. That would allow keeping track on the amount of implants in the game too. (Think capturing the Phoenix facility in TLA)

That would be pretty cool, but pvp only events may end up just very one sided (i.e. the best few players will just become even better while everyone else struggles to buy their scraps).

The map from the dead body special encounter (the robot bunker with implant reward) as a reward for any fun event would be really great though, as it is a good quest, but boring to get, if it could be made to be found in a fun way it would be much preferable.

It wouldn't have to just be pvp events, but there could definitely be a few of those at least :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:22:08 pm by Blarney »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2015, 02:19:57 pm »
Bring back the Reno magic box! Just nerf it really hard... Take away chance from spawning implants and T4 items. This here could bring some late night fun back to commercial row. There was ALWAYS some kind of action going on, so if you were bored and wanted PvP at night you could go there.

#BRINGBACKMAGICBOX

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 03:47:16 pm »
Imo current implant/tier4 distribution is quite good but id love some nice pvp location with bonused tier 3 spawns with gear check.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 04:37:25 pm »
Imo current implant/tier4 distribution is quite good

Quite good as in rarity? As I think the rareness has been good, but once you get a few dozen people multilog SE hunting (the idea makes me shudder), that might change.

I made a SE hunter and, without multi logging, walked across the worldmap for days while I watched my various movies etc as it was the most disconnected experience of clicking from one point to another (not all at once, over a few weeks) the process got me some very nice unique stuff and 2 implants (one was endurance  :facepalm ).

Imagine if I had gone to the effort to do it with 4 screens.. It just seems excessive to reward that in either case.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 04:39:21 pm by Blarney »