May 10, 2024, 08:28:49 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers  (Read 6388 times)

Gooseberry

• View Profile
Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers
« on: September 27, 2015, 11:49:20 am »
Currently various low level critters such as molerats and mantis inhabit the new reno sewer system and have a long aggro range.
These critters pose no threat but are extremely annoying and have the tendency to waste the ammo (especially if your team has no snipers) and organisation of pvp teams using the sewers for relocation/attacks.

My suggestion is to simply remove the mobs from the sewer system, making it easier to move around there without getting hit for 0 damage every second, forcing you to waste time and ammo to clear them out before you can use the ladder.

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

All of the above critters in the screenshot will aggro after a few seconds if you are standing near the ladder.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Remove low level mobs from Reno sewers
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 11:50:17 am »
I agree they're pain in the ass and should be atleast made non-hostile around ladder.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 12:19:16 pm »
It can be annoying but imo it fits well and it feels somewhat more alive.
Instead of getting rid of id rather see them attacking only if within the reach of their field of view and only 50% chance they would attack at all.
Meaning as soon as they lost the eye contact they stop the chase.
Also i would love to see more hostile/nonhostile npcs wandering around everywhere.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 12:21:03 pm by Adams »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 01:30:25 pm »
Maybe its time to use some secondary weapon ? Plasma pistol or laser one with few bullets in addition is enough. I always take some pistol with me for low level npc's.
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 02:24:48 pm »
Maybe its time to use some secondary weapon ? Plasma pistol or laser one with few bullets in addition is enough. I always take some pistol with me for low level npc's.

I guess you've never fought for real in New Reno. We've made this thread in hope that some people who take an essential part in PvP action on server will show their opinion not PvE sewer hobos.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 03:14:36 pm »
Yes, I play in New Reno, both underground and streets. I do PvP in UV colours. Still I dont see bigger problem with those NPCs. Small pistol  even 10mm is enough for them. I didnt said I dont agree. Im tired of those annoying low level creatures, but Im afraid its not gonna be remove. So I share my idea how I deal with this annoying shit. Idea of removing is okay for me, but Im afraid its not available...

Anyway its sweet how PvE oriented guys hate PvE features and vice versa while PvE oriented players would like to  cut PvP features...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:17:07 pm by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 03:42:05 pm »
Yes, I play in New Reno, both underground and streets. I do PvP in UV colours. Still I dont see bigger problem with those NPCs. Small pistol  even 10mm is enough for them. I didnt said I dont agree. Im tired of those annoying low level creatures, but Im afraid its not gonna be remove. So I share my idea how I deal with this annoying shit. Idea of removing is okay for me, but Im afraid its not available...

Anyway its sweet how PvE oriented guys hate PvE features and vice versa while PvE oriented players would like to  cut PvP features...

Unfortunately many of us wear two proper weapons with us. Having to carry a third weapon, no matter how cheap + ammo with me is just silly.
I don't see how these mobs cannot be removed, all it requires is a map update with the spawns removed. Alternatively if they can't be removed now, then they can be removed next wipe.

Instead of getting rid of id rather see them attacking only if within the reach of their field of view and only 50% chance they would attack at all.
Also i would love to see more hostile/nonhostile npcs wandering around everywhere.

I understand your view, but Reno is strictly a pvp oriented town. The majority who come there want to pk and rather see the place streamlined for pvp.

The second part of your comment on wandering npc's should be a thread on its own, but should not affect any pvp focussed areas. PvP'ers seek to fight players and not NPC's. So keep them seperate if possible.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 04:29:50 pm »
Well sorry to say that, but deal with it. You want to farm implants you need to waste ammo either on players or nodmg mobs. It is good their there and they should stay where they are. Reno is not just PvP city and you need to deal with it.  annoying critters are there for a reason. I think you pvp only players should think before posting this kind of thing.  no offence but when I try to get caravan from Reno and being killed by negropolice it is just "wasteland Is harsh" bullshit,  now well "sewers are full of annoying critters" .

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2015, 04:37:37 pm »
bad idea, then pass through the sewage system would be too easy and will not slow players.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2015, 04:47:33 pm »
I say make the molerats and flies run away instead of attack

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »

Unfortunately many of us wear two proper weapons with us. Having to carry a third weapon, no matter how cheap + ammo with me is just silly.
I don't see how these mobs cannot be removed, all it requires is a map update with the spawns removed. Alternatively if they can't be removed now, then they can be removed next wipe.

I understand your view, but Reno is strictly a pvp oriented town. The majority who come there want to pk and rather see the place streamlined for pvp.

The second part of your comment on wandering npc's should be a thread on its own, but should not affect any pvp focussed areas. PvP'ers seek to fight players and not NPC's. So keep them seperate if possible.

I use two weapons too. LSW and XL, or Laser Rifle. Still for purposes of sewers I need to change second weapon for pistol to reduce cost of ammo. Or just shoot with one of my main weapons. I'm saying once again I'm not against your idea, but you asked why it will be not implemented...you want answer? See above my posts why...to many players are against it, sorry pal. I know what do you mean, I would like to see it too, but I'm afraid it's not possible as I said.
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 07:21:33 pm »
Cant you use a few frag nades for this?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2015, 07:30:36 pm »
1 ST builds have many troubles with throwing grenades :D
And it still slowing you down and drowning Action Points.
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2015, 07:52:53 pm »
Right, sorry forgot.

Yeah remove those critters then. 

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 07:53:13 pm »
I say make the molerats and flies run away instead of attack

Yes I like this one. You'd think all that small vermin would run after seeing their buddie get split in two. Instead you see every single mob on the map aggro.