May 11, 2024, 07:56:03 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Few questions I can't find answers to.  (Read 2035 times)

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
Few questions I can't find answers to.
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:52:08 pm »
Hello everyone.
It's summer and I'm too lazy to search the forum for similar questions so I will ask them here.
So let's begin.
1. Is there any list or maybe someone could waste some time and tell me what blueprints are easy to get. I mean without searching in lockers. I'm interested in all cheap ones or any I can get from quests and so on, especially laser rifle (and extended one), plasma pistol, power fist and/or other hth, plasma grenades, 14mm pistol, .233 pistol, improved flamer. Also I would really like to get the list and prices of all available blueprints from merchants (or maybe all of them are available for sale and I just don't know it).
2. Next one. I need to know which towns are guarded and which are not. Are there any difference in town structure and safety depending from 2238. Where is safe to shop/where is not. Are there many pkers in non guarded towns? Is it safe, for example, to get to car shop in new Reno with caps now?
3. Another question is about mining. Is it easy to get resources from public mines or there are as big concurrence as it was in the past? The same about non-guarded mines. And the same about electronic parts.
4. This question is based from previous one. What would you suggest-farm loot and dismantle it or gather resources manually? (I don't want to buy private mine)
5. Is the wiki completely correct about stats info of items, perks, skills, formulas and so on? Some stuff seems a bit absurd to me, but I'm now only at the theoretical part of making my chars, hope to get in game after wipe, so maybe I just don't understand something because had no practice.
6. Are there 2 options for cave base as it was in 2238 or only one? I really like both but anyway. I just never seen screens of second one here on the forum.
7. How often/what's the chance/formula of finding special encounters? Are there any which are not mentioned in the wiki?
8. And the last one. How do players farm cash? What is the best way? I understand that it's easy to make trader-run around the world map, but that's not the option for anyone. Are there any new quests that give you a lot of cash or something? Just as I see the prices in buy/sell topics or even car and implant service prices I become a bit confused. Is it really so easy to obtain cash?

Thanks for your answers.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Few questions I can't find answers to.
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:13:06 pm »
1- read wiki

2- read wiki

3- yes its very easy, you can get electro parts from waterworks, themepark, sciencing laser rifles from unity patrol.

4- farm unity patrol and science their loot, you'll get lots of junk, metal, electronic parts. Even mfc which is needed.

5- should be, if you notice something wrong check with Henry or strike.

6-I'm not sure, I suggest just buy a DIY trapper camp, easier and cheaper, can also choose the location.

7- Its completely random, luck doesn't effect the chance of getting one I think

8 I get my cash from selling needed gear to other players. Before people would invest in backs and that's how they get millions, its changed now though. If you need caps, craft good gear like -AP pancors or -AP avenger miniguns. People will pay handsomely for those , especially in bulk

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:32:37 pm »
Thanks for your response. First two questions were the main ones, but anyway, I appreciate your help.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 07:47:22 pm »
Blueprints are now buyable, no difference in guarded towns from 2238 except that the Hub is a No-PvP zone now. Mines have a lot faster ore respawn rate, you get 25 Electronic Parts from one computer.
#rawhide on ForestNet

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »
Got the new one.
If I get the loner trait will I be able to have 1 player as a follower?

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 01:49:25 pm »
If I get the loner trait will I be able to have 1 player as a follower?
Player - yes. Even two. But not any other followers.

KiraVanBuren

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »
Thank you, this is really great.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 11:32:08 am »

2. Next one. I need to know which towns are guarded and which are not. Are there any difference in town structure and safety depending from 2238. Where is safe to shop/where is not. Are there many pkers in non guarded towns? Is it safe, for example, to get to car shop in new Reno with caps now?
Draw a line from Hell (aka Frisco) to NCR.
North=unguarded. South=guarded. Even in the guarded towns are pkers, though they had to get clever for Hub so they would suicide bomb instead of starting a normal fight. And no, chop shop is no safer now than it ever was, right Nemezis?
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...