May 10, 2024, 03:47:24 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Military Base Encounter  (Read 2523 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Military Base Encounter
« on: October 03, 2015, 09:29:45 pm »
The Robots in the Military Base Encounter do not go back to their original starting points upon player death. I see this as a bug because my character died right outside of the elevator by two of the heavily armed sentry bots and for the last hour or so I have been trying to get back in only to be killed open leaving the elevator (spawning into the 2nd level). The robots are just standing their waiting and kill me before I can't do anything about it.

Other quests, such as the one to kill the super mutants for the Gun Runners. The super mutants will walk back to their starting points when I am killed and or leave the area.

jokeusa

• View Profile
Re: Military Base Encounter
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »
It's easy to resolve this: take C4 with you - once you're down, detonate yourself.
If that's not enough, take a sneak char, take 2 C4's, go down the lift with one plastic (leave the detonator above), die near the bot group, get back, grab another C4, sneak, once you're down detonate the first (be sure not to mix the detonators) and then terminate yourself.

Worked for my "oh fuck" probs quite a few times.

You can also try a sneak sniper or crit burster with XL, maybe FN FAL HFPa - once you're down (have the gun equipped) get close to one of the bots and hex it (they take a while to react that you're there). After you die, repeat till all are dead.

Nowadays I don't even have to play these tricks anymore though - made a lvl 24 bunker killer char, melee HH tank easily takes care of it all.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:11:51 pm by jokeusa »
Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 01:55:24 am »
I thought about using C4 but the issue I am having is that I am spawning dead. So I don't even have time to press a button before I am dead.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 04:09:07 am »
Dual log with sandbox

Envoyé de mon XT1032 en utilisant Tapatalk

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 04:29:24 am »
Well I discovered the encounter at around 4 pm and it is now almost 12:30 am and I have been killed countless times while spawning. I press the elevator button and spawn dead. I have even tried the C4 idea and I can't live long enough to press the damned button. A nice amount of my gear has collected there.  Oh well. But yeah this seems like a major flaw with this encounter. The robots need to go back to their starting point upon player death or it becomes a broken make like I am encountering now.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 07:19:04 am »
Well I discovered the encounter at around 4 pm and it is now almost 12:30 am and I have been killed countless times while spawning. I press the elevator button and spawn dead. I have even tried the C4 idea and I can't live long enough to press the damned button. A nice amount of my gear has collected there.  Oh well. But yeah this seems like a major flaw with this encounter. The robots need to go back to their starting point upon player death or it becomes a broken make like I am encountering now.

In that case, dynamite on a timer. If possible, get urself two characters there, each with one, go down with timer started on and pox - this way you'll make sure that even the bigger HP bots are dead.

I'd offer my help but we both know no1 sane would ever agree to anyone helping with the bunker.

Edit: think you could make a screen shot of how the situation looks down there and post it around?

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 03:16:20 pm »
I tried again just a couple of minutes ago and it seems the robots have gone back to their starting points or at least back down that hall. But for several frustrating hours the robots were literally standing a couple of hexes facing the elevator door and I died spawning an insane amount of times. Still I have a feeling it could end up happening again.

Edit: They were waiting for me at the end of the hall. I opened the door and I was dead and then they came back down the hall. At least I had an opening to get my stuff back :D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:32:56 pm by Styles »

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 03:32:57 pm »
As I said, explosives (dynamite) help there a lot.

In any case, I believe that a decent HH tank with In Your Face is a must. Be sure to bring Brotherhood armor, it has better normal DT, may even make you survive the dual minigun onehexes (even from the Nemesis).

Btw - did you clear it all? Which imp did you get?

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 03:38:46 pm »
As I said, explosives (dynamite) help there a lot.

In any case, I believe that a decent HH tank with In Your Face is a must. Be sure to bring Brotherhood armor, it has better normal DT, may even make you survive the dual minigun onehexes (even from the Nemesis).

Btw - did you clear it all? Which imp did you get?

The character that I am using isn't a HH Tank. But I do have such a character. I haven't cleared the level because I can't even get beyond the elevator door for the most part. If I am lucky I can get down the hall. I also don't have Brotherhood armor.

jokeusa

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 03:55:01 pm »
Check the PM.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 07:33:17 pm »
If you want we can go in two inside.
GUN FOR HIRE

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 09:31:16 am »
It's not a bug. If you have problem with dying, then try with some friends.