May 10, 2024, 12:27:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Forced Encounters With Other Players.  (Read 5653 times)

Styles

• View Profile
Forced Encounters With Other Players.
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:49:20 pm »
Not that this is a complaint. More of a question. Players being forced into encounters with other players wasn't a thing before the wipe right? It was removed as a feature? I played a lot of Reloaded and had little to no encounters with other players and I was never forced into an encounter with other players. Maybe I just had really good luck. But now I am forced into encounters all the time with other players. It is pretty annoying.

Anyway was it a feature that always existed or was it brought back after the wipe? If so why? I find it annoying.

Furior

• View Profile
Re: Forced Encounters With Other Players.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 10:01:23 pm »
It always existed. Now he have lots of encs with other players because we have around 180-210 players online. In the previous season we had 80...

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 10:05:56 pm »
really? I swore forced enc was turned off, I always used to get the pop up before a player encounter

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08:12 pm »
really? I swore forced enc was turned off, I always used to get the pop up before a player encounter

As did I. I was never forced into an encounter before.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 10:41:15 pm »

As did I. I was never forced into an encounter before.

I haven't had a forced player encounter yet since wipe, nor in the last half of the previous session.

I get the option every time still. So I dunno man.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 10:48:00 pm »
More players = More encounters :)

Someone out there just has higher luck + outdoors + RL luck.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 11:14:13 pm »
More players = More encounters :)

Someone out there just has higher luck + outdoors + RL luck.
Also before more people had higher OD meaning less forced encos.
Now lower OD means.... more forced encos.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 01:15:51 am »
I'm sure you are being forced into some encounters with no other players, and then other players choose to enter your encounter. That happens. But now...are you "sure" what you're talking about is simply not one of these cases? I ask because i believe we are never forced into any random encounters that already have other players in them. I'm haven't been so far anyway, including last season.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 01:37:11 am »
The last two were with a guy with 80Hp and he only had 5 left. I showed up in the encounter and he was right next to me. I find it hard to believe someone that close to death would willingly join an encounter with another player and I didn't choose it. The other was with a player that killed me pretty easily, I asked if he was forced into the encounter and he said yes. It is possible there was some miscommunication with that guy. Other encounters were with very low level characters close to the Hub and the Hub mine. None of them in any shape to fight, so why would they choose to enter into an encounter with another player with only a sledgehammer?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 01:43:11 am »
Dude are you serious? You just asked this community why someone would kill easy targets. Did you really want to have said that out loud?

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 01:45:53 am »
Dude are you serious? You just asked this community why someone would kill easy targets. Did you really want to have said that out loud?

That isn't what I asked. I asked are we forced into encounters or not. Some say it has always been possible and others say it wasn't, and that it is an option.

I know full well people kill players and that isn't my beef. If forced into an encounter is possible then fine, I just want to know for sure if it is. Because I have encountered many players and pretty much all of them weren't out hunting other players but simply going to the mine in blue shirt.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:48:45 am by Styles »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 01:48:54 am »
Okay. *whew*. Sorry if i misunderstood. Anyway, all i can tell you is my own experience. In season 1 i amassed 32M xp. I got into a lot of encounters lol. I never ever was forced into another player's random enc. Not even once. Same this season so far. In all cases, when i encounter a player-occupied random enc, i always get a prompt.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 01:53:28 am »
Okay. *whew*. Sorry if i misunderstood. Anyway, all i can tell you is my own experience. In season 1 i amassed 32M xp. I got into a lot of encounters lol. I never ever was forced into another player's random enc. Not even once. Same this season so far. In all cases, when i encounter a player-occupied random enc, i always get a prompt.

My experience last season was that there was always a prompt to go into an encounter with another player. But this season it really seems like there is a chance that you can be forced. I have had a few prompts. But as I said before I enter into an encounter and there is a guy right next to me. Maybe it has something to do with outdoors skill and more players. My OD is only about 96% right now.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2015, 02:26:53 am »
I can say I've been forced into encos with other players, including one time while in a truck.
It cost me the truck.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2015, 06:17:44 pm »
I can confirm that forced enocs with other players IS happening.... just happened to me. >:( :-\