May 15, 2024, 08:01:35 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: A couple suggestions  (Read 4771 times)

Aralvar

• View Profile
A couple suggestions
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:37:27 pm »
1. Include an optional mode for players to be able to keep all their weapons and armor, but nothing else on death. Maybe even just their equipped items, if that's too lenient. I currently am not interested in the game with the current item loss feature, but I would play constantly if it were updated to letting you keep weapons and armor. It's for the same reason that you let people keep their skills on death, I want to be able to progress my character's armor and weapons as well as skills. Please make this either an optional feature in the options menu or on character creation. There are tons of people who like the "permadeath" feature, so they'd choose it for themselves. I think you'd attract more players (myself included) to the game if you updated it. You could also have a separate server if that does not sound appealing to you.

2. If you do not want to implement number one, please at least list on the Wiki that all items are lost on Death under the "Death" page.

I don't expect number one to be implemented, but I want to love this game so I thought I would try seeing as this is the suggestions section. I would seriously be playing this constantly until I had run out of things to do if the item loss was changed in one of the ways I listed, and I think more players would be attracted to the game. I know a lot of people will want to say "If you don't like it, go to a different game". Well there is no other game like this, so I'm really hoping that things will change. Remember that the original Fallout games had no item loss (which is not what I'm suggesting, of course) and they're fun games, fans of those games may not be attracted to the item loss in this one. without the item loss, it would essentially be the Fallout multiplayer that EVERYONE can enjoy. The game could become extremely mainstream, I personally would advertise it to everyone I know who's interested in these types of games. Please consider my suggestion(s). If any devlopers are reading this, thank you for at least taking the time to read the whole thing. =)

Like I said, I want to love this game; but I really can't at the moment. I understand if you do not want to change the game in this way, I'm just really hoping that you do.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 05:44:50 pm by Aralvar »

Absolution

• Supporter
  • Do you Even Praise the Sun?
    • View Profile
Re: A couple suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:47:36 pm »
The beginings can be a tad harsh, but worry not my friend, once you get a stable econoy - via pvp or lockboxing or cave venturing you will have a mine or two of your own - and you can craft what you want as much as you want. Do some mining in public mines, craft your guns with ease, kill some brahmins and geckos, make some armors and chill.

Do not carry into potential pvp battle anything you cant afford to loose

Aralvar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:04:34 pm »
It's not about how easy it is to get new items for me. I love that feeling that I got in the singleplayer Fallout games of "Oh I just found this cool thing and it's mine forever". I don't feel like my character is progressing when I lose everything.

Put it this way, even if there were crates at spawn that had all the gear you could ever want in them, I still wouldn't want to play unless I at least lost everything but my armor and weapons (or my equipped armor and weapons) because that feeling of progressing my character and the "Oh I found this cool thing and it's mine" feeling are very vital to me.

I'd also be okay with PVP areas having the "permadeath" feature though, that's fair.

krausser666

• TLS godlike buggy-lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 06:39:18 pm »
Oh yeah, die and keep all your equiped items with you on death. Cool. But imagine, that all the fun is in this risk. I don't see a point in keeping things upon death.

Aralvar

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 06:51:57 pm »
I don't see the point in losing things on death. What a waste of time. How does risk make up all the fun? Only the most boring games need risk to make the game fun.  How did you enjoy the Fallout games at all?

And why do you say "That's where all the fun is"? What if I don't find it fun, shouldn't I have an option to change it? That's exactly why I'm proposing this.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 07:34:21 pm »
Hey Aralvar I have a suggestiong for you: Dont die. Problem solved.

FireFlare

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 07:53:31 pm »
Another thing: its logic that when you die you lose your stuff

krausser666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 07:57:52 pm »
I'm curious, were you ever whining when you lost your gear in DayZ?

I know comparing DayZ and FOnline its like comparing water and coca-cola. But it has one, same, exact point - to survive. How would it be funny, when you would keep all your items upon death? I don't see a point in it. That's what attracts players here - risk and old school fun. If you don't like that style of gameplay - just don't play geez.

FireFlare

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 08:42:54 pm »
Why do do randomly mention DayZ ?

Aralvar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 09:18:13 pm »
I'm curious, were you ever whining when you lost your gear in DayZ?

I know comparing DayZ and FOnline its like comparing water and coca-cola. But it has one, same, exact point - to survive. How would it be funny, when you would keep all your items upon death? I don't see a point in it. That's what attracts players here - risk and old school fun. If you don't like that style of gameplay - just don't play geez.

You do realize that the original Fallout games had no item loss, right? Why do so many people have such a boner for risk? Risk is only needed to make a game fun if the game is lacking in the first place. I'm sick of people like you that are insulting to everyone that doesn't happen to enjoy wasting their time collecting gear just so they can eventually lose it all.

Saying I just shouldn't play is a moronic suggestion. I want to like the game, but I have a problem with it. This is the suggestions section. Don't be stupid.

Aralvar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 09:22:41 pm »
Another thing: its logic that when you die you lose your stuff

How? Even in real life I don't lose anything when I die, I just die. I can be buried with my most prized possessions. I feel like I need to keep mentioning that none of the Fallout games have item loss like this, someone who's just looking for a fun Fallout MMORPG could possibly be turned away by this DayZ-type stuff.

krausser666

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 09:32:32 pm »
I want to like the game, but I have a problem with it.

There's easy solution to this :

1. Go to your FOnline:Reloaded destination folder.
2. Select all avaible files there.[ctrl+a would be useful here]
3. Press delete and select ,,Yes''.
4. Done! :) Don't forget to empty your trash can.

Mods won't change the game specially for you, buddy. You're not the only player here. If You don't like it - don't play.

Aralvar

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2013, 09:44:50 pm »
What do you think the suggestions section is for?

Oh yeah, and I've mentioned several times that this will benefit others besides myself. Try reading next time, it helps. Okay, buddy?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:50:02 pm by Aralvar »

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2013, 11:40:42 pm »
I love this game because  when u die you lost everything :) I have solution for you, find a team or don't pvp

Strike

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:09 pm »
I love this game because  when u die you lost everything :) I have solution for you, find a team or don't pvp
I love this too, you get stuff pretty easy anyway. Why need to make it easier?