May 10, 2024, 02:00:52 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Gatling Spec Build?  (Read 5431 times)

raskoljnikov

• View Profile
Gatling Spec Build?
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:07:45 am »
I have something in mind but maybe im wrong, so I will be greateful if someone help me, Im somewhat new to this server..
Gatlings are easy to obtain (gunrunners quest) but I am willing to have focus on bg also.
Tag: BG, EW, FA

S6
P6
E10
C1
I2
A10
L6
Traits:
Small frame
Fast Shoot

Perks:
Weapon handling
Toughness
Eaven tougher
Action Boy
Action Boy
BROF
Lifegiver
Lifegiver+

Also maybe better for first perk more crit and than use buff  and nuka?

BB.

• View Profile
Re: Gatling Spec Build?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:18:13 pm »
Focusing on BG requires completely other build than EW. For Avenger you would like to take MRD+BRD and criticals set, for Rocket Launcher you need more perception and Quick Pockets maybe, but AB is a nice choice.
Intelligence above 1 is a waste for this kind of build, also Weapon Handling is totally pointless to take (especially when you plan to take a lot of ST, which is not necessary as well if you do not plan to take Adrenaline Rush and Stonewall).
You'd like to take more PE so you could use full range of weapon after taking at least Psycho.
Well, 6 LK is useful, but there are other Special points much more valuable than luck, so it's a dump stat (hovewer I would recommend to keep it 3-4 in order not to suffer from many critical failures and critical effects).

VVish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 12:44:44 am »
Name role of character.
There is like 4 types of gatling characters possible to create, with great dispersion of levels needed.

Traits.
Bonehead is a must in pvp. Since all snipers (you will see snipers for sure) can KO\KD\eye cripple at ease even tanks, bonnie is a musthave trait. Strange that BB. didn't mention this.
Fastshot is pretty fine since you're focusing not on aimed shots, but on heavy blows from gatling bursts or rockets.

Perks.
Weapon handling seems crazy perk, you don't need it that much. I'd recommend to take Adrenaline Rush for further tankyness, it saves asses and works fine, especially for range combat.
You can also swap one ab for stonewall. Believe me, when shit starts to fly around, it's the thing you will pray to have.

Specials.
Again, if it's a pvp-based build, you need all that luck in perception. Simply because of FoV = life, plus you'll be able to use psycho without limiting your sight that great.

Skill tags.
You can hybrid yourself pretty much with everything, there is rocket launcher\lsw from BG which you can use or XL\grenade launcher from SG. Choose youself.
Don't forget to make 100 doc and at least 175 FA. Start level bg only after getting dis.

That should be all, for tanky gatling - that's it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 12:47:19 am by VVish »
Pure Black Blue interface.
Member of Bang Bang Smash.
Mercenary.

raskoljnikov

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 01:38:45 am »
Thx guys for answers.. I got it all wrong obviously, but then, this is a topic for that kind of questions ;) anyway, I think I got it now so I can build from there

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 01:49:51 am »
I'd take Intelligence down to 1 and put that point into Perception 7. Take Luck down to 3 and make PE 10. Plan to use Psyhco and cigs for effective PE of 9 and greater DR/DT. Always make sure you can see beyond weapon range.

Weapon Handling, no. ST 6 is sufficient for weapon handling. (And maybe any character can go with ST 1 and still no Weapon Handling if you max gun skill at 300. Study the Hit Chance page on wiki.) Small Frame, good.

Personally, I tag Outdoorsman and get it maxed at 175 with fast-travel perks. Yes you need FA high, but that one can get higher over time while you use sstims. I want OD higher sooner but that's a judgment call. Its because when you fail in combat, having OD 175 + Explorer/Pathfinder helps a lot to get you back to the fight quickly.

You could use Buffout and Nuka Cola for a boost to Strength which though you won't need to handle your weapon might benefit you in some other way(s). Otherwise you could even drop AG to 9 and use Nuka Cola, with extra point into Luck.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 01:51:50 am by Henry »

VVish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 02:19:04 am »
Quote from: Henry
Personally, I tag Outdoorsman and get it maxed at 175 with fast-travel perks. Yes you need FA high, but that one can get higher over time while you use sstims. I want OD higher sooner but that's a judgment call. Its because when you fail in combat, having OD 175 + Explorer/Pathfinder helps a lot to get you back to the fight quickly.

For that, all you need is a tent on respawn with the driver waiting for you. Yes, it's a second window taxi, but it's hellalot faster than any OD usage.

OD is only useful for pve with occasional pvp activity. Even level 10 support char helps a lot, because in this build intelligence will be low, thus making that 175 OD skill looking like a dream.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 04:15:47 am by VVish »
Pure Black Blue interface.
Member of Bang Bang Smash.
Mercenary.

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 11:41:15 am »
For that, all you need is a tent on respawn with the driver waiting for you. Yes, it's a second window taxi, but it's hellalot faster than any OD usage.

I'd like to do this, but I think this is bannable; in the rules Kilgore wrote:

Using multilog or fast relog timer in order to gain an advantage in PvP activities

For me this is clearly an advantage, because you come back faster

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 05:28:36 pm »
Then dual loging on farming is also bannable because you use the stuff that you've farmed breaking the rules  :facepalm

Atman

• Supporter
  • Riders of the Wastes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2015, 09:14:14 pm »
You must never see your dead body. The winner has the right of your armor and time to leave. It's his right to a trophy. You personally do not hit it with next character. If you see the corpse offline, its possible attempted fraud.
Of course, better not to provoke and rather on the respawn have a tent with 3 buggies. (In the event that Kilgore bad mood.  ;D )
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:41:40 pm by Atman »

Lemongrab

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2015, 10:04:43 am »
fastshoot working w/ gatling's burst?

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2015, 04:27:48 pm »

no

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2015, 04:53:35 pm »
NO - it doesn't decrease AP cost
YES - it does add +5 flat damage (+5 to final damage for attack, not per bullet)
:facepalm

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 04:19:55 pm »
Make 5 str and 3 luck gattling spammer with 2 Action Boys. Gattling won't work with BRD and mixing it with BG will only give you possibility to use LSW / Bazooka.