May 06, 2024, 08:37:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players  (Read 24589 times)

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
Re: game extremely unbalanced and unfreindly to new players
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 09:16:57 am »
its that big gun vs big gun is pretty much the first to see the enemy wins, no skill what so ever its a garrrenteed 1shot no matter what, 2 if your lucky..but that rarly happens

I think you are talking about 'face to face open space-encounter BG fight 1 vs 1'. Otherwise it's bullshit.
Bang Bang Smash

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2013, 02:13:48 pm »
I have a 141 hp sg fast shot that has no trouble taking down a deathclaw with a mauser. By the time it comes next to me, its been shot about 30 times. He is only lvl 37 but has maxed out lockpick, repair, and science, nearly max fa and outdoorsman, 230 sg and 120 ew, and all my good perks for damage. Sure i die, but i don cry about it. You are either making terrible builds or do not know how to use them

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2013, 03:24:48 pm »
the problem with FO online is that there isnt really much in the pvp system, its all about having that big gun whcih i find pretty dissappointing.

Here, a list of weapons that I've witnessed being used in mass-scale pvp (TC) just in a couple of days:

- Laser Rifle
- Gatling Laser
- .223 Pistol
- Sniper Rifle
- Pancor Jackhammer
- XL70E3
- P90c (on sneakers)
- PPK12 Gauss Pistol
- M72 Gauss Rifle
- Avenger Minigun
- Rocket Launcher
- Light Support Weapon
- Plastic Explosives

I might have missed something. Not many energy weapons on the list, but that should change soon, hopefully.

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2013, 03:44:58 pm »
the problem with FO online is that there isnt really much in the pvp system, its all about having that big gun whcih i find pretty dissappointing.

Here, a list of weapons that I've witnessed being used in mass-scale pvp (TC) just in a couple of days:

- Laser Rifle
- Gatling Laser
- .223 Pistol
- Sniper Rifle
- Pancor Jackhammer
- XL70E3
- P90c (on sneakers)
- PPK12 Gauss Pistol
- M72 Gauss Rifle
- Avenger Minigun
- Rocket Launcher
- Light Support Weapon
- Plastic Explosives

I might have missed something. Not many energy weapons on the list, but that should change soon, hopefully.

this actually is a good thing, means the game is  balanced.

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2013, 04:44:01 pm »
I remember the days when i could justify preferring hk caws over jackhammer :/

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2013, 05:10:28 pm »
Seriously?

Reloaded is incredibly beginner friendly compared to 2238.
I have 1 endurance, 66HP at level 12 and only died like 4 times,
two of which was due to friendly player followers bursting without thinking first.

Strike

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2013, 05:12:52 pm »
Gameplay is better than on 2238, we has very active devs and we does have Wiki!
Wiki could be used more than it's used now.

ShOw.

• Wiki Editor
  • Who do you think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »
jist make dual shot with m60 240hp PE 1 with ressistances jet,psycho,beer and you will be fine..

I have it and its 52 lvl and can do enclave solo with good gear.. you can use it on anything.. rly..

Wasteland smiles on us..

War war never changes.

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2013, 11:45:15 pm »
There is always the possibility to make a support perk attainable at level 24 that 1) lowers the INT based skill point gain after 24 and at that price 2) allows HP increase with levels after 24 based on INT. This would basically balance the INT vs END if done properly. Gain skill points earlier or later (of course, not as much Hp gained after 24 as with max END but still balancing). EDIT ofc needs to be capped to avoid the uncapped leveling fkin this over xD

The canon excuse would be that a super intelligent wastelander with enough experience would know where >not< to stand when being pummeled...thus losing less total life from someone blasting or hammerin away

The actual effect would be that skill whores as you so appropriately put it would still be somewhat endgame viable, if not pvpable.

a PS: The community should not be so fast to call GRIPE NAG LOSER. The wasteland should be harsh. But the game is mainly oldtimers raping newbers based less on skill and more on build/mechanics knowledge. This makes it hard to enter proper and thus scares people away. Less new gamers in=less fun. Maybe post some real builds on wiki instead of keeping em secret ^    ...or u scared when its not just build knowledge but skill with said build that u fight?

Loving the game, it's fregin FALLOUT 2 maan
but yeah wouldnt mind some proper build advice before spending another 200 hours on trying random crap out, considering some stats are waaay crappier than others. Some of us need to spend time navigating the Desert of the Real as well xD
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:51:44 pm by caper »

Kaaon

« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »
allows HP increase with levels after 24 based on INT.
nice joke
 ;D ;D

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:58 am »
nice joke
 ;D ;D

if your skill allows it try reading the whole post before replying ^

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:09 am »
nice joke
 ;D ;D

It would actually make sense, if it was limited only 24-30 levels. It would finnaly give the crafters/PVErs/high IT characters some health, meanwhile the PVP builds wouldn't gain as much.

(My level 26 PVP character has 246 health, my level 42 Scorpion - which has only 6 endurance or so - has only 106 health, but 9 IT. Let's say it would be 6 Levels X IT, capped only from level 24 to 30 if thats possible. That would be 6x2 -> 12 HP for my PVP character, since he has 2 IT, and 6x9 -> 54 HP for my IT character. Turning it into a 258 HP for the PVP, and 160 for my IT character.) I don't think it could be actually anyhow abused for the PVP builds, since well what kind of PVP build would have high IT and high EN?
Looks much simplier in my head, if aye don't understand some part of this, I'll try to write it more..briefly.

I actually do see some potentional, and support this idea. If it could be implemented.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:24:05 am by Knife_cz »

Kaaon

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2013, 12:09:49 am »
nice joke
 ;D ;D

if your skill allows it try reading the whole post before replying ^

-its too late to lower skills points based on int after lvl 24
-hp per level after 24 would lead to endless grind

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2013, 12:18:56 am »
Bump for my edited comment.

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2013, 12:29:55 am »
yeah Knife that's much along the line of what i meant, thx for the constructive comment.

the idea wasn't for skill toons to be pvp toons, it was for skill toons to be able to walk away from a fight with a few dogs after 24+ levels (canon: rather some years?) of hanging out in a post apocalyptic wasteland
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 12:34:50 am by caper »