May 06, 2024, 01:50:59 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Unethical ethics?  (Read 7516 times)

Enzo

• View Profile
Re: Unethical ethics?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2013, 03:19:20 pm »
Worth of stuff that is mostly inside footlocker isn't enough for killing some player, not atleast for me.

It was just 1 footlocker, you find them pretty many if you spend more than few hours : D

I didn't once mention the value of anything. Like Sperber, you're missing the point.

It's about expectations, repercussions and ethics. And that's what makes Fonline so great.

Strike

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 03:23:19 pm »
I didn't once mention the value of anything. Like Sperber, you're missing the point.
Point? I don't quite get point of killing player who was faster and lockpick footlocker to get valuables.

You just think of searching footlockers in public places and nobody will find you?
Try some, not so used urban areas. I did, I was able to be whole weekend without see players there.

Still that place is the best, I just got bored that blueprint hunters died.

Eloar

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 03:27:33 pm »
Strike it is good to know you don't attack players even in such situations. There is not much players like you in wastes. I consider behavior described by Enzo as hostile. If someone was going for my loot or my footlocker hi might go for my pockets as well. It might be just preemptive attack.

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 03:29:11 pm »
Point? I don't quite get point of killing player who was faster and lockpick footlocker to get valuables.

This is what I mean when I mention "expectations and repercussions". And definately "ethics" of both parties involved.

You just think of searching footlockers in public places and nobody will find you?
Try some, not so used urban areas. I did, I was able to be whole weekend without see players there.

Why wouldn't I want to be found? I'm playing an online game. I like the interaction.

Strike

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »
Strike it is good to know you don't attack players even in such situations.
I just kill, if I really had to do. That doesn't happen many times.

Why wouldn't I want to be found? I'm playing an online game. I like the interaction.
Well, didn't look like you liked such interaction just now :D
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:33:14 pm by Strike »

Enzo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2013, 03:42:48 pm »
Well, didn't look like you liked such interaction just now :D

I wonder why you would think that...

The reason I made this topic was because of the reaction of the person I killed. It confused me and made me think I might have had the etiquette of lockpicking by the wrong end of the stick. I am now satisfied I did the right thing. And yes, it's a very lame human need of mine to need assurance of that. I need to have peace of mind with every kill I make.

Please stop making presumptions and just deal with the information there is.

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2013, 03:54:49 pm »
I once shot someone at the theme park to get his electronic parts. Turned out he had 6 ep, a bunch of leather jackets and some crapy guns (d. eagle?)... must have been a really new player. Made me feel just evil.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Eloar

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2013, 08:03:45 am »
I once shot someone at the theme park to get his electronic parts. Turned out he had 6 ep, a bunch of leather jackets and some crapy guns (d. eagle?)... must have been a really new player. Made me feel just evil.

For his fortune you gave him valuable lesson. Life in wasteland is harsh and some people can't handle it. Once someone started shooting at me when I had only sledgehammer with me. This information didn't stop him from trying to kill me. He asked my for lvl, and I was on 4th or 5th lvl. Then he stopped, lost his attention. It made me a little angry: "what, now I'm not worth that ammunition?".

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2013, 08:06:00 am »

For his fortune you gave him valuable lesson. Life in wasteland is harsh and some people can't handle it. Once someone started shooting at me when I had only sledgehammer with me. This information didn't stop him from trying to kill me. He asked my for lvl, and I was on 4th or 5th lvl. Then he stopped, lost his attention. It made me a little angry: "what, now I'm not worth that ammunition?".
Yeah you aren't at all,i think that such low level shouldn't be shooted,they first should  get grow up,get some stuff level etc. and when they will be ready for combat then they are worth to shoot,otherwise they can quit easily the game and you won't get nothing from it...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2013, 08:28:16 am »
Well actually if the guy quits the game just because he loses his hammer, what do you think he would do when he loses armor, weapons, ammo and drugs? Being shot by a PK is like welcoming ceremony for new players.

Delta-9

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 11:31:21 am »
I think you did the right thing. A little strange how he was baffled by your behavior, given that you gave him fair warning that he was crossing you.

I'm pretty new so maybe I just haven't been around long enough, but I have found that in the majority of situations (even if there is nothing to skirmish over), I get shot on sight. Not always, in fact this one time I met a person that wanted the same fiber plant that I did and there was only 1 plant and 2 of us. We spotted each other and both tried to flee but then we stopped and said hi and became friends and traded goods.

I haven't killed anyone but I can't say I haven't tried to defend myself before.