May 16, 2024, 08:04:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Tree Trunk Thighs +50 CW  (Read 2189 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Tree Trunk Thighs +50 CW
« on: August 14, 2015, 05:23:16 am »
Tree Trunk Thighs is not a popular perk. I don't know of anyone who uses it. But give it a +50 to Carry Weight effect, and at least support characters would use it. Great for miners/crafters.

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Tree Trunk Thighs +50 CW
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 10:38:41 am »
I don't know about making it a support character perk, but you are right that it is never used.

Bear with me here; but what if stonewall's chance to avoid knockdown was lowered, but it had the effect of tree trunk thighs added to it as well. Then tree trunk thighs could be converted into Stonewall 2 or +, providing the rest of the  KD/KB immunity?

It would definitely add to the perks usage by players, and the first level of stonewall's level and ST reqs could be lowered.

EG;

Stonewall; Reduces crit rolls on legs by 10, grants 50% chance to ignore KD or KB results. Requirements; Level 3, strength 4

Stonewall +; Reduces crit rolls on legs by 10, grants another +50% to ignore KD or KB results. Requirements; Level 6, strength 6

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 01:42:28 pm »
I like both ideas, except that 100% should never be reached.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 03:21:29 pm »
50 more CW "for free" would be kind of abuse on support characters and PvP build doesn't need at all more than you get from 10 ST.

Blarney, Stonewall is a great perk because of KO reduction, KD avoidance is just a secondary benefit. I don't believe anyone would take Stonewall 2 just to have more KD/KB resistance (and ofc 100% is a no-no, as we remember SW with 95%).

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 03:29:18 pm »
Blarney, Stonewall is a great perk because of KO reduction, KD avoidance is just a secondary benefit. I don't believe anyone would take Stonewall 2 just to have more KD/KB resistance (and ofc 100% is a no-no, as we remember SW with 95%).

Ahh yeah, forgot KO, I meant that all of stonewalls effects would be cut in half, so that effect too, but just a thought anyway.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 06:05:52 pm »
Does this perk help against bear traps? If not that could be something to make it worth taking.

But as to being able to carry more weight, it makes sense to have it with this perk. "Lift with your legs not your back."

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »
Does this perk help against bear traps? If not that could be something to make it worth taking.

But as to being able to carry more weight, it makes sense to have it with this perk. "Lift with your legs not your back."

This plus make bear traps craftable, than it will be used for sure :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 09:52:38 am »
Honestly, at the very least just combine Strong Grip and Tree Trunk Thighs and lower the requirements. Right now both those perks are absolutely usseles.

Though I think this thread is looking at this problem the wrong way. Why not look at it from the snipers side instead? Why does the average sniper AND crippler not often bother to fire at the legs, or arms for that matter?
I can give you two big reasons:

1. The chance to actually crit on your target is VERY low. A full 10lk sniper build with all crit perks STILL tends to have <50% to crit on his target (on legs 45% vs CA mk2 with htg, more crit, even more crit, 10lk).
2. You need a good critroll to actually get a decent effect. Knockdown on the legs is NOT a decent effect. Not for the seriously low crit chance you get. Arms have it slightly better, often getting a roll to dictate a weapon drop. However something is seriously wrong if you still end up having to shoot atleast four to five times for a single weapon drop.

This simply means that shooting the eyes is a superior choise, with a better chance to crit and much more impressive critical effects (75% on eyes vs CA mk2 with rbte, more crit, even more crit, 10lk).

As far as i'm concerned all aimed attacks should just come with a +60% to crit, making other body parts far more interresting to shoot at and thus instantly fixing the perks problem of being usseles and finnaly putting a bit of distance between a tank build and your average cookie cutter EW gatling build.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 11:24:25 am »
Strong Grip is not used because it has 8 STR requirement and since the ROLL for weapon drop is based in STR, and usually adds bonus as well, that is almost maxed out, no need to waste a perk on it. If Strong Grip would have lower requirements, probably it would be used, but then again, snipers would cry against it.

I can agree at some extent to make aimed shot more crit on the legs or arms, but then reduce the crit multiplier as well, to something like 1.5X. Cripling should be cripling. Critical on body part should be more devastating than on limbs.

But, how would higher crit chance on legs/arms fix those 2 perks?

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 12:31:54 pm »
The current reason the perk is not taken is because the legs are the last place a sniper would shoot. By making that area (and the arms) a more popular place to shoot, the reason to avoid the perk is removed.

Though in addition to that either combining Strong Grip and Tree Thrunk Thighs or/and severly buffing the effect of legshots will be needed too. Seriously, leg shots are based on simple END rolls, the one stat EVERYONE has set at 10.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 01:27:29 pm »
The current reason the perk is not taken is because the legs are the last place a sniper would shoot. By making that area (and the arms) a more popular place to shoot, the reason to avoid the perk is removed.

Though in addition to that either combining Strong Grip and Tree Thrunk Thighs or/and severly buffing the effect of legshots will be needed too. Seriously, leg shots are based on simple END rolls, the one stat EVERYONE has set at 10.

As I can see, raising the crit chance does not help these perks at all:

- Strong Grip can be taken only when you dont need it at all. (ST >= 8, Weap drops rolls based on ST, sometimes even added bonus) To make the perk usefull, the requirements has to be lowered, but then again, everyone with low ST would get it, and make arm cripling useless, regadless of chance to crit. Probably that's why it has ST>=8 requirement, could be a bi tlower though.

- Yeah, this perk is useless if you have high EN, and everyone has that.

Raising crit chance in both cases would result only more damage, not more effect. To solve both, I suggested a sniper perk/rework before, that would affect the resist ROLL on critical hits, making the victim less likely to resist effects, but at the same time would give a higher damage resist to the target, like Finesse. Every sniper was outraged for some reason, but since I don't play sniper, it's ur problem to solve this, GL :P