May 14, 2024, 08:35:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Tools - Newbie Question  (Read 1963 times)

Jaginun

• View Profile
Tools - Newbie Question
« on: March 30, 2014, 12:53:01 pm »
Heya, just started playing, been a fan of fallout games for a while but only just found this game through /v/. Anyway, I've gotten to the point where I've finished the Tent in the Wasteland quest, and I've gotten a Mauser and a few supplies etc, but I seem to have forgotten to pick up a hatchet etc. None of the shops in Shady Sands seem to have any wood or junk to make any, and the only thing I could think of to fix this was to disassemble weapons for wood, but this seems really expensive.

Anyway, should I just restart my char or is there a way to get tools after that quest?

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
Re: Tools - Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:59:20 pm »
you can craft them,
or go to hub, talk to herdsman near brahmin pen inside city take shovel, then talk to man in tent near that pen, take something:)
or just ask people in hub sometimes somobody can give you tools

Jaginun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:17:46 pm »
Cheers mate, just got my hatchet, should be good from here  :D.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:23:39 pm »
In game, hit th F key. Study what you find.
Find some flint. Make a few primitive tools. Use one to get wood, another to get iron ore. Go make your first sledge. Use that to get a lot more iron ore. Get some junk and another flint. Go make the tool, and build your workbench.
That's when your life as a crafter REALLY begins...
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 04:47:20 pm »
Welcome to Game
Get set for many exciting and upsetting events. Just remember: don't ever quit. We have some decent players here and some total jackasses, so when some jackass kills you, just dig in your heels and get back in the fight.

What Usually Happens
Most new players register a character without a clear plan. That's okay but look forward to that point when you realize this whole game is PvP, even if you're playing solo PvE style - the player killers are on the loose. So when you get to that point when you're tired of being so easily beaten, spend some time on the planner and design a tougher character with a clear plan for survival and combat victory. Even a crafter should be able to handle himself in fights with other players.

Team Up
Find a team. Use some voice chat program to meet people. Reloaded has its own TeamSpeak server and some bigger teams also use TS. Chat on irc. Play solo for a while if you like, but the game is so much better with a team.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:45:49 am »
Welcome Jaginun, as a new player my self I really found the wiki helpfull when I started a couple of weeks ago

http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It answers nearly all possible questions.