May 14, 2024, 11:06:02 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Tesla helmet  (Read 8375 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Tesla helmet
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »
Yes, it's damn high. But it's the only good thing in Tesla.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 09:48:24 pm »
Valid points, but I still think it is unnecessarily high in some regards.

I mean 1000 damage vs 19/90% is 81 damage right?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2015, 09:54:47 pm »
Yes sir, and it should be that way. You can still smash someone's face with AP rounds (many many guns use it) or just blast it with Gecko shells/ Solar Scorcherer. Metal mask mk II has high laser resistant and with implanted tank build it has even more DR and DT against normal dmg, should we nerf it? I don't think so. I know what's your point, but it should be OP against energy weapons (it was created in such a case) and it's not fault that Implanted Apes characters with tank builds are hard to kill with it.
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2015, 10:05:31 pm »
Metal mask mk2 is above average vs laser at 5/55%, which is hardly comparable to 19/90% and it still has other weaknesses, including electric and plasma.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2015, 10:15:28 pm »
But it's very good at normal damage and electric. I know what do you mean, but still nerfing Tesla Helmet isn't good idea in my opinion.
GUN FOR HIRE

Wallace

• Not a bug. It's a feature...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2015, 10:16:42 pm »
Valid points, but I still think it is unnecessarily high in some regards.

I mean 1000 damage vs 19/90% is 81 damage right?

Wrong.

Its 98(.1)... First comes DT then DR.
Desert Drifters

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »
It's fine as it is.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 08:34:12 am »
Tesla helmet is fine. Yes against laser rifle it is very good. That is the point of it. There is no level cap so you can make a sniper that uses sg and ew so you can bring sniper rifle and laser rifle and switch depending on what enemy wears. If you say that is too hard then maybe you shouldnt be making pvp suggestion if you refuse to make a proper pvp build. Anyways it still can get wrecked by plasma or tpr on good crit or fire dmg especially. also you are more easily ko'd.
Imagine an armor that would nerf your avanger/lsw into unplayable shit and you would have to carry gatlings around too,would make perfect sense dont you agree?
Imho with dmg res this strong the helmet itself shouldnt have any crit power mod to even it out.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2015, 09:51:18 am »
Tesla helmet is fine. Yes against laser rifle it is very good. That is the point of it. There is no level cap so you can make a sniper that uses sg and ew so you can bring sniper rifle and laser rifle and switch depending on what enemy wears. If you say that is too hard then maybe you shouldnt be making pvp suggestion if you refuse to make a proper pvp build. Anyways it still can get wrecked by plasma or tpr on good crit or fire dmg especially. also you are more easily ko'd.
Imagine an armor that would nerf your avanger/lsw into unplayable shit and you would have to carry gatlings around too,would make perfect sense dont you agree?
Imho with dmg res this strong the helmet itself shouldnt have any crit power mod to even it out.
I don't want to run there any flame war but... do you see people frequently in tesla armor/helmet? If we nerf those, they would be just shit loot as on fo2, and people would just use mamk2/camk2, and tesla would be just science shit tier or to farm enclave. Just two cents from me, don't nerf it, leave it as it is.

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2015, 10:09:21 am »

I don't want to run there any flame war but... do you see people frequently in tesla armor/helmet? If we nerf those, they would be just shit loot as on fo2, and people would just use mamk2/camk2, and tesla would be just science shit tier or to farm enclave. Just two cents from me, don't nerf it, leave it as it is.
Yup everyone who can afford to use them is using them. A tweak rather than nerf.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2015, 12:45:49 pm »
Yup, actually I do carry xl70/rocket and gatling laser to all fights. Because if they use ca then xl/rocket isnt useful and if they use tesla/metalmk2 then gatling isnt. Though almost nobody wears tesla armor just helmet, and thats only if some laser rifle guys show up on other team.

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2015, 02:34:38 pm »
Yup, actually I do carry xl70/rocket and gatling laser to all fights. Because if they use ca then xl/rocket isnt useful and if they use tesla/metalmk2 then gatling isnt. Though almost nobody wears tesla armor just helmet, and thats only if some laser rifle guys show up on other team.
the parallel with armors would equal tesla armor with normal resists of a combat armor do you think no one would use them?
All i was saying is that tesla helmet need its weak point too.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 11:00:46 pm »
Tesla is a bit too common to make Pulse rifles worthless. Also you can wear Tesla without the armor too, making it a perfect counter for an entire class of weapons while making it common as fuck. Crafting, Merchants, Quests. Tesla IMO should be as rare as PA. To justify its ability to gimp EW users.

Or at least the EW bonus only applies when wearing the Armor too, cause the Coils are on the armor as well as a power supply.

I'd rework Tesla Armor to need energy that'd block or reduce incoming energy weapons. Like an energy shield. And for the armor to only work if you wear the helm and body. Its just too easy to get the stuff.

Or make Tesla as rare as Bridge Keeper Robes, as a Cave only loot, no crafting or Merchants.
In Maintenance Mode.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:30 am »
Or make Tesla as rare as Bridge Keeper Robes, as a Cave only loot, no crafting or Merchants.

This was the first though I had toward it, I think that would work.

Either that or removing its crit modifier or reducing it to 5/5, to show that it can absorb energy but not the force behind the shot.

It already has the discharge effect though, so attaching that to an energy shield effect could be interesting.

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 08:31:15 am »

Or at least the EW bonus only applies when wearing the Armor too, cause the Coils are on the armor as well as a power supply.

I'd rework Tesla Armor to need energy that'd block or reduce incoming energy weapons. Like an energy shield. And for the armor to only work if you wear the helm and body.

Imo this is it,this would make the situation better 100%