May 07, 2024, 12:31:43 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: PvE Factions, take towns and show membership  (Read 5400 times)

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
PvE Factions, take towns and show membership
« on: October 04, 2015, 07:31:14 am »
Pretty much as in title. If you're in Brotherhood of Steel for example, let it show that you're in BoS. Also as time goes, your rank goes up from recruit -> to whatever the heck it is :P

Also allow them to take towns, some groups would be interested to fight as BoS or Enclave  ;D
Spoiler: show

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: PvE Factions, take towns and show membership
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 07:36:13 am »
If you're refering to this, its completely different. He suggested to make NPCs take a town with typical PvP gear.

I'm suggesting that players in that faction are able to take the town, without the aid of NPCs.

Courier 4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 04:00:26 pm »
I'm on board with this idea, puts some actual purpose to serve in an NPC faction, since they don't grant you a safe house key (FNV reference).
Renamed as Courier-4 since reroll (is that even worth mentioning?).

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 04:58:03 pm »
Player factions get militia, NPC factions get their specific NPCs instead (they'd be armed the same for balance, but just for aesthetics :) ).

Might have to get TS channels (or just rooms in the main channel) for the NPC factions too then.

But how many NPC factions are there? It would be cool to see some join-able raider factions too, like Yakuza or Renegades, and maybe even the Elronologists :D

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 05:06:25 pm »
Yeah I already covered this angle in the NPC topic and I believe was shot down by others for it, as others would rather have NPCs take it with a tougher balancing issue for Kilgore to figure out.  That being said as I had said this to modify that idea I do support players from NPC factions being allowed to TC, giving them more function and team based play.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 05:54:27 pm »
Player factions get militia, NPC factions get their specific NPCs instead (they'd be armed the same for balance, but just for aesthetics :) ).
That would be cool.

But how many NPC factions are there? It would be cool to see some join-able raider factions too, like Yakuza or Renegades, and maybe even the Elronologists :D
Well not really. Raiders are already join-able but factions like Yakuza, renegeades or elron won't be good. It will just take to long too make and won't be necessary. If so, factions won't have lots of players cause people will just split into smaller groups.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 07:11:01 pm »
Great idea, making game more different from what we know already. Btw. Kilgore is just a human (maybe), so he need to see feedback on every suggestion. So adding such suggestion was needed. Easy Arcanix.
GUN FOR HIRE

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 10:57:07 pm »
Letting In Game Factions have a real impact would be interesting, though I somehow think we'll have complaints of it being too weak, or too hard.
In Maintenance Mode.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 09:03:23 am »
Dont get me wrong im ok with this idea aswell...sort the available NPC factions out, add more if needed then scatter their bases on the world map. Filling the world map with distractions is a very nice way to enhance this game. (OP needs to flesh out the idea abit better though...leggo!).

Diplomacy, politics and drama!
This part is really unecessary, having one big faction base is enough. Vault City, Raiders, BoS and Enclave already have their own city/base already, except raiders since they have 2 xd

Also I highly doubt you're gonna be the one mapping the new maps if ever implemented  ::)

Letting In Game Factions have a real impact would be interesting, though I somehow think we'll have complaints of it being too weak, or too hard.
And what impact will that be?

That being said as I had said this to modify that idea I do support players from NPC factions being allowed to TC, giving them more function and team based play.
This would be nice. Just imagine a group of BoS members that want to take Modoc or something. It will finally bring some more teams on the PvP field (but they'll probably get wrekt by major PvP groups  :D)

Now I'm gonna lock the thread before Arcanix comes are starts posting irrelevant stuff/inciting forum PvP. PM me if you want to post or something.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:09:31 am by Yuno-Gasai »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 02:21:31 am »
Don't take this post as a "for" or "against" the idea. 

However, NPC factions can be joined by any player at any time.  Other members of the NPC faction cannot remove a player, either.  There is no way to ensure you won't get trolled in one or all of the myriad ways this could be a bad thing.  In fact, I can guarantee it.  Also a concern (though likely a lesser one) would be that anyone can join an NPC faction and loot the TC locker.  I wouldn't care, others probably wouldn't care, but some would.

This all assumes changes to only what has been suggested.  Other issues would become apparent after implementation I'm sure.

That being said, NPC factions having some rewarding value to membership can only be a good thing, so I can support anything going in that direction even if it doesn't immediately benefit me.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 03:05:14 am »
There could be a reward for TC only for members that participated in the fight, while others can't loot.
Or non of them can loot. With the main reason for joining TC would be to get promotions, or requisitions from the faction for their special armors.

Basically you get 1 armor for winning TC with an NPC faction
and if you win TC with a solo party you get it all, caps, etc.
In Maintenance Mode.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 06:17:44 am »
Don't take this post as a "for" or "against" the idea. 

However, NPC factions can be joined by any player at any time.  Other members of the NPC faction cannot remove a player, either.  There is no way to ensure you won't get trolled in one or all of the myriad ways this could be a bad thing.  In fact, I can guarantee it.  Also a concern (though likely a lesser one) would be that anyone can join an NPC faction and loot the TC locker.  I wouldn't care, others probably wouldn't care, but some would.

This all assumes changes to only what has been suggested.  Other issues would become apparent after implementation I'm sure.

That being said, NPC factions having some rewarding value to membership can only be a good thing, so I can support anything going in that direction even if it doesn't immediately benefit me.
Instead of NPC factions getting a TC box, they get an NPC at their faction base that gives them the gear.. more you go into TC more gear you get from that NPC. Now not everyone will get gear , only those who participated.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2015, 08:32:03 am »
Other members of the NPC faction cannot remove a player, either.  There is no way to ensure you won't get trolled in one or all of the myriad ways this could be a bad thing.

Hmmmmm, well you could do stuff like directly damaging a player in the same faction damages rep, and killing a faction member even more so, though this could create problems with friendly fire.

As for TC lockers, there is nothing preventing the few noobs in your faction from stealing the TC loot in any faction, there is never really THAT much in the TC lockers to be worried about anyway (unless it builds up for days). That is kind of a separate issue, in line with rewarding the participating players in TC instead of the whole faction (or as well as), like Yuno said.

If there was an XP attachment to doing TCs (for the players involved only), then the TC lockers importance (or value as the "payment" for participating in TC) wouldn't be so high.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2015, 08:37:01 am »
Also for NPC factions you could have the leader created by a bunch of factors (or even have it specific to each faction), that way player made factions are created and led by the one player, while NPC factions are lead by someone who does enough for the faction to be declared the leader.

This leader could manage the faction, kicking trolls and the like. This would require a bit of management in itself though.

Or you could have voting systems, where if enough people vote to kick a player (not alts different players), then he gets outed from the NPC faction.

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:23 pm »
See, now you're thinking.

;)