May 07, 2024, 01:21:23 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Faction chat and seeing who's online  (Read 3918 times)

Beer

• View Profile
Re: Faction chat and seeing who's online
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 04:43:40 am »

Well aren't you in UV? The gang that literally recruits anyone just to swarm? Won't be other players fault if you get "scouted" like this

No.. I'm not.. And even if I was, wtf makes you think the faction I am with has anything to do with my opinion on the matter? Because they recruit new players, they should be scouted?

So you want it to be automatically available to all members of the faction at all times, and you don't see a scouting problem arising?

Or is the real reason you want this so you can scout everyone's PvP numbers easily?

People do recruit new players... Or they would up until an easy way to scout tc numbers was placed in game..
It should not be up to game mechanics on if you place trustworthy characters in your faction. That is only your fault if you add some character people scout you with. What yuno is saying is if you will add just anyone to your faction it is part of the risk you take. I know that if I add a person to a faction i had, They better be someone playing with me in pvp. If they are never on for pvp i would kick them. so scouting would be no option for them anyways. Or for some other they may only add people who they know or who have someone in faction vouch for them. Scouting can already happen on peoples TS and it is due to nothing other than TS owners error for not having good password.

Basically this scouting flaw of this feature is groundless. It is also a great feature for less serious/newer players who dont have ts. I remember when i was new i always wished for something like this or a friend list to know if my other friends/members were on. this would be great addition to the game.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2015, 05:49:28 am »
1. Too many exploits will arrive.
2. Waste of time.
3. Game staff gave to Reloaded players TeamSpeak serwers. Just install the client for free, add overlay plugin for free, organise your team on it.
4. If you want to play TC then you can ask the game staff about own faction virtual TS serwer - no scouting and the members list will be visible.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 05:50:38 am »
Call me paranoid, but there are people out there that go out of there way to do that kind of stuff unfortunately.

Maybe making it show only very basic information (whether they are online) to all members, but more information (location, alive/dead etc) to officers only.

I know you choose who you let into your faction and all, but when some random who was invited along the way of your faction's life, who might appear to be farming in the desert or idling in the hub is actually gathering information on how many TC ready members are on, which ones, where they are and whether they are still alive or dead, it may seem like that extremely important information shouldn't be so easily accessible.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:54:02 am by Blarney »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 06:01:57 am »
Maybe making it show only very basic information (whether they are online) to all members, but more information (location, alive/dead etc) to officers only.
It's nothing else like invigilation. You can't just talk with your team members? You must watch for everything what they are doing at the moment? Or even control it?
Another -1

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 06:16:44 am »
Well I know, a TS channel makes this redundant in ways etc, but there should be an easy in game way to do this really, and it's not about stalking teammates that are playing but not doing what you want (at least I hope it isn't), its more about getting quick information in game, and having basic information provided easily without having to communicate it, leaving comms open for more stuff (like when in combat, or when half your team is dead and half is still fighting etc).

I think that's the reasoning anyway, and I can get behind that, but I have concerns obviously.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 06:29:22 am »
How so? Please elaborate on the exploits that are possible. Ashes of Phoenix has this and works perfectly.

2. Waste of time.
That's what you think.

e.
3. Game staff gave to Reloaded players TeamSpeak serwers. Just install the client for free, add overlay plugin for free, organise your team on it.
Not everyone likes using teamspeak and just prefer typing ingame.

4. If you want to play TC then you can ask the game staff about own faction virtual TS serwer - no scouting and the members list will be visible.
You're trying to compare Voice Comms and ingame faction chat/seeing who's online....which you really can't. These are 2 completely different things. Also just because people have teamspeak doesn't mean they'll always be on it.

Jesus christ, you guys are arguing against a suggestion that's not even deadly/gamebreaking. Blarney is the most paranoid person I've ever seen and worldremaker is just..

Spoiler: show

Why even go against such a suggestion?

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 09:13:11 am »
How so? Please elaborate on the exploits that are possible. Ashes of Phoenix has this and works perfectly.
Don't compare AoP and rld servers. Look for the numbers of players here and there. Here we have a lot of kids which will add alts to opposite faction and scout them. On AoP there is nobody for this.

2. Waste of time.
That's what you think.
Never ending fight with point 1.
e.
Not everyone likes using teamspeak and just prefer typing ingame.
They can still use radios or even ask for global chat but not with who's online viewer.

You're trying to compare Voice Comms and ingame faction chat/seeing who's online....which you really can't. These are 2 completely different things. Also just because people have teamspeak doesn't mean they'll always be on it.
It means they don't have time or don't want to make some team action at this moment or with actual squad. Perhaps you are some kind of dictator who want to watch for his team and command them always when they are online.
Jesus christ, you guys are arguing against a suggestion that's not even deadly/gamebreaking. Blarney is the most paranoid person I've ever seen and worldremaker is just..

Why even go against such a suggestion?
Watch for yourself first. You are crying for really useless feature which can bring some bugs to gameplay and a lot of spam. Game staff have done enough for faction chat when they gave TS for us. Just use it, even muted with overlay for chat mode only.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2015, 06:22:57 pm »
Uh huh  ???

Can't tell if you raging or something.

jasoncowboy

• View Profile