May 14, 2024, 10:03:46 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How is it in unguarded mines?  (Read 7095 times)

IvanDemin

• View Profile
How is it in unguarded mines?
« on: March 13, 2014, 03:35:48 am »
I have never been in unguarded mine. What dangers are there? Are they PvP crowded?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: How is it in unguarded mines?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 04:03:12 am »
Gecko mine has about a dozen silver and golden geckos. Not very tough, but can be if you"'re not ready for them. There's also a fire gecko but she's in the back.
BH mostly has ants. if you're not ready for those unarmed and unarmed, go play HKO. There's a pair of baby deathclaws. They're kinda tough, but mostly they're a warning; an adult dc is beyond that. Don't go past them until your really ready for it.
Redding has about a dozen wannamingos. If you're not ready for the BH dc, dont go to the RIGHT. To the left is pigrats. A level 5 can generally take them if they're reasonable carefull.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Kaaon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 11:17:54 am »
almost noone is going into unguarded mines because its much easier to get hq resources from private mines

BlackAdder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »
I tried the un-protected mines and kept getting killed, as someone would roll thru on a regular basis.
So it was hard actually going home with anything.

Yes I should of had protection, but I have an odd schedule so I do not team up with others.

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 12:55:25 am »
Farm super stimpaks and trade it for the ore from minus. Everybody wants stimpaks.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:47:09 am »
Mining HQ in the unguarded mines is the fastest way to get tons of HQ materials. Most players are lazy so they buy the private mines for 100k, set up slaves and wait 1 week for results. It works. It's not bad, but it's expensive and it's not the fastest.

If you want to mine HQ yourself, i salute you. Plan a miner build. I mean, plan it as a PvP miner - a miner whose primary task is fast work (with 12 AP), but who can fight too. As a miner, you want Action Points man! Plan to get both Action Boys. He needs to be tough, so plan him with Adrenaline Rush and Even Tougher at least. He needs Hit Points so Lifegivers too, or Stonewall. ST 7, PE 1, EN 10, CH 1, Intelligence 1 or 2, AG 10, and Luck 5ish. Make him a Heavy Handed Bonehead with Close Combat 180 and Bonus HtH Attacks. Outdoorsman 175 helps and build his mining houses snugged up close to the HQ mines so he doesn't have to walk far. Wear good Combat Armor in the mine, with +1 AP bonus to mine faster with 13 AP. (Use Jet in the LQ guarded mines on a similar character to mine with 15 AP!)

On Buffout, Nuka Cola, Psycho and beer, he will punch with ST 10 and do a lot of knockdowns, especially if he carries a MPF in slot 2 (supersledge slot 1). Train at Hinkley to improve your confidence fighting against gun-toting PKs. Try it! I have taken on 2 guys vs me and beaten them with my miner. He's just a miner, i tell them. A few times me vs 3 guys and i win. So that means when you're in an HQ mine, you should be able to beat anyone 1 vs 1 if you have a tough miner. Exceptions happen (because the PKs practice too), but it sure is a lore more fun running into an unguarded mine confident that could beat the next PK you meet. You're not sneaking around in there anymore. You own that mine while you're there and you almost hope someone does mess with you. Remember: mining can be fun! :)

Kaaon

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 03:08:02 am »
Mining HQ in the unguarded mines is the fastest way to get tons of HQ materials. Most players are lazy so they buy the private mines for 100k, set up slaves and wait 1 week for results. It works. It's not bad, but it's expensive and it's not the fastest.
try to mine 100k HQ iron ore or minerals lol
most i had at once was 30 active private mines = around 240k hq iron ore, 120k hq minerals (+ some normal) without any work while you can play and do other things.. you cant mine that much resources, ever.. those 60 slaves in my private mines was mining much more resources then you was without need to do anything.. anyways.. mining is boring as hell.. doing dungeons, pvp, farming NPCs, quests should be best ways to get stuff and experience because that is fun in fonline.. not mining or creating 6546464 alts for private mines and buying slaves for whole day..
if you found fastest way to get those hq resources by mining in unguarded mine then why are you level 47 ? i can get even higher level from ONE private mine.. plz stop telling me jokes  ;D
once i did over 10 milion experience in 6 hours by crafting from resources from private mines.. its crazy.. i dont want to talk about how good im but about what is effective because mining in unguarded mines isnt..

and no, its not expensive, you can get over 150k caps in around 15 minutes by doing trade runs with shitty crafted stuff (so you can use those better in pvp) from those mines + there was IMBA interests so you can get those caps and even much more back very fast
and it was ONLY way to spent caps.. that was big problem too.. there are no other ways to spent caps so there are still more and more caps in game.. (im not talking about things you need to pay only once like blueprints or cars which everyone bought for 5k.. but about something that is always way to spent caps, trading with other players is not way to remove caps from game and some players dont even want to trade for caps because they are useless)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 03:16:31 am by Seki »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 03:55:39 am »
I am not level 47. One of my characters is. I have almost 10 million combined xp. You are the leader here, but my signature does not tell my whole story.

Okay yeah, if you get 30 mines, sure - that's fastest. I am assuming this guy with only 4 posts on this forum does not have a 30-mine option yet, since that costs 3M caps lol. My meaning is...if you need 100 or even 1000 HQ alloys quickly, now, asap, tonight, then you can get it the fastest by mining it yourself, then go craft your gear. If you have the caps though, and spend some time setting it all up, yes you can get tons of raw materials without much effort. But think of all the PK fights you'll be missing in the HQ mines! That part is fun. I do both: private mines to keep a stream of raw materials coming in, and mine manually for quick bursts, more-per-time. Okay it's usually boring - you win that one.

I agree actually, Seki, what you say about where we should be spending our time in this game. Quests yes, dungeons, Town Control, Hinkley, all that is much funner, but we lack much content. What we have is great, but we need tons more of it, but it all takes soooo much development time. I open the mapper tool to try again and i'm immediately bogged down with scrolling through thousands of tiny tiles, some of which are meant to connect on certain sides, and it's so tedious to the eyes, i can only take so much. If we had a better mapping tool, i'd be all about making maps instead of playing the game itself.

Kaaon

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 04:12:49 am »
yes but if you play longer then few days then you can always buy some mine every week to always have ALOT of resources, instead of mining you can use this time for trade runs to get caps back + much more caps + you got alot of resources.. if you keep using private mines every week then you cant run out of resources -> mining not needed

second part of post, 100% agree
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 04:14:56 am by Seki »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 08:02:18 am »
Wow, Seki, I guess it is true what they say about you...
I go into all THREE unguarded mines about once a week. I get more out of Gecko in terms of HQ than I can ever actually use. My 'light' day (had to work late), I still took over 200 HQ iron and mins. I had about 3,000 of each lying around until i started actually using some...
Fucking grow a pair. Or I can loan you a pair, if you really need it.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »
I actually got 1 mine for each day = 7 days

after a week each day, with few effort, I collect the empty mine and set a new one ( around 20 minutes).

From each mine I get around 10k HQ iron and 5k HQ minerals, 2k minerals and 2k iron.

Now, how much u said u had HQ ? (3k) thats not even half of what I bring home everyday.

c_hieter

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:38 pm »
when I started this game 8/31/13, the gecko mine was my source for hq mats.
lots of rapeage/pk.
then I bought a private mine (70000)
being a noob I mined it myself.
I spent a lot of time mining.
then I learned about slave mining.
then I had more stuff than I could use.
I haven't been back to the gecko mine since.
I still go to the broken hills mine for uranium.
I haven't been pked for a while.
check the thread on the post wipe.
so to get 100000caps, sell the stuff from NPC's to gecko, modoc and the den.
that's what I do.
figure out what they will buy yourself.
and good luck

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 06:55:27 pm »
Now, how much u said u had HQ ? (3k) thats not even half of what I bring home everyday.
I do it in a PUBLIC MINE. Apparently, wait for it...... MY pair, is bigger than yours.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 07:06:47 pm »
Whats the point of losing 2 hours mining for 200k HQ when I can get 20k with spending 100k and working 30 minutes...

That's not called having balls, it's just called being stupid...

Kaaon

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 07:24:58 pm »
after 2 hours of mining you can mine MAYBE around 3-4k hq resources if you do it without being PKed/nonstop/any problem but from trade runs you can get around 300k caps and buy 3 private mines in same time and you will get much more resources and caps..