May 05, 2024, 03:34:40 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Different tank builds - pros and cons  (Read 6285 times)

Puntero

• View Profile
Different tank builds - pros and cons
« on: February 28, 2016, 10:39:22 am »
Hi,
Say we have 2 tank builds:
7 8 10 1 1 10 3 - standard tank everyone is playing here with 3 Life Givers and Stonewall;
7 10 10 1 1 10 1 - all the same but MoS instead of 3rd LG.

I'd like experienced players to share their opinions about what to choose and why (I mean describe the situations from your real PvP experience where each build could work better).

Standard tank has dem 287 HPs which can be crucial when, for example, you get 1 hexed by unlucky burster for 270 hit points. Also, the more hps you have, the earlier your Adrenaline Rush starts boosting your DT/DRs. Has 3 LK which is just a little bit better then none at all (FA, bypasses).

Alternative tank can pop all the tank drugs without being useless blind shit (5 PE is really frustrating at TC sometimes, personally I don't drink beer as a standard tank for TC), he has -10 crit power roll which can obviously be really useful in various situations. Will that 20 HPs lack be crucial often? Does MoS compensate the risk to catch a bypass with 1 LK?

And there's of course an option to pick MoS instead of Stonewall but I personally think it's a shitty option as Stonewall is OP  :)

What do you guys think?

P.S. I'd appreciate if someone provided me a link to a formula to calculate a weapon skill % needed to hit from certain weapon to a certain range (if such formula exists of course. I know everyone gets their 200+ levels eventually and maxes out all weapon skills so maybe noone needs it after all)

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Different tank builds - pros and cons
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 11:07:28 am »

It can be even better if u exchange brof with 3rd lifegiver.

Puntero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 11:12:13 am »
I can't imagine how can you kill anyone with 7 AP per burst :D
Thanks for fast reply.

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 11:16:25 am »
Thanks for fast reply.
depends, if you plan to play big TC then you can make build without brof and just eat stimpaks in front line and let rest of your team deal damage
if you want to do some other things too like playing in smaller group or doing PvE then pick brof, its more universal choice but koniko is right, tank without brof is viable and build he posted is really good

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 12:01:12 pm »
If I had to choose on, I would take the first special, but with Mos:
One luck gets you bypassed alot, especially without MoS, and KO too, even with stonawall. Having crit resistance is more important than 5 normal DR (from beer, with 8 P you only take psycho). The lack of DR can be more than compensated by statted armors, the lack of crit resist and luck can't.

7-8-10-1-1-10-3 with small frame and bonehead
Mos, stonewall and brof: versatile and quite tough, not super weak to energy weapons like 1 LK no MoS.

But this is my personnal choice, Koniko's build is fine too, MoS lower bypass chance in head by ALOT already, luck isn't helping much for that, I was more thinking about arms and groin shots.

Dekar

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 07:07:29 am »
Hello everybody,
I am realy interested in building a Tank character, so I would like to know why everybody seems to take "energy weapons" instead of the "big guns" skill for the tank build.
Also i would like to know if i can have several implants at the same time. for example +1 TSR +1 AGI etc.
If it is possible than wouldnt it be smarter to go 6STR, 9PE, 10E, .. 4L?
I know its more of a lategame build but wouldnt it be worth it?

Thx for your answers in advance :)

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 08:28:03 am »
you can have all of the implants on one char,ill post a few tank builds later
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 08:44:05 am »
The reason big guns aren't used on full tank builds is that big guns all need particular perks to deal decent damage against players. Example - avenger/lsw needs BRD and/or crit, incinerator needs pyromaniacs etc. There aren't room to take these on a full tank build so gatling laser is the better choice for tank as it needs no special build to use.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 09:28:12 am »
I have used the 1 lk stonewall mos tank all season and really like it. I used a 10 lk crit tank with no mos last season and even with 1 lk now i notice significantly less crazy bypasses and shit. Mostly ill just get blinded and doc it or ill very rarely get ko. With my 10 lk tank i had a ton of ko happen to me. 20 hp is not worth trading for perks as good as brof mos or stonewall. It very rarely makes a difference.

Hello everybody,
I am realy interested in building a Tank character, so I would like to know why everybody seems to take "energy weapons" instead of the "big guns" skill for the tank build.
Also i would like to know if i can have several implants at the same time. for example +1 TSR +1 AGI etc.

Hey dekar! Good to see you on forum! Mojo still play?
Take ew over bg unless you plan to use a lot of bozar because every other big gun sucks without perks that help it. Energy lets you use gatling laser which is pretty good gun.
You can have 1 of each special implant and 2 of each combat implant(dermal nemean and phoenix)
Last season everyone used implant optimized builds like you posted but implants are very time consuming and expensive to get now so people who know they arent going to spend 400 hours farming full sets of implants have made builds that dont revolve around implants.

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 10:50:16 am »
Hello everybody,

energy weapons because of gatling laser (BG has LSW which is weak and avenger which requires 2BRD and MRD.. and RL which is decent if you have quick pockets but gatling is primary weapon of most of tanks, if you feel for more leveling and flexibility then you can tag even all three skills SG BG EW and use everything)
about special.. its all about implants
10 pe is important to have enough FoV on beer and psycho for gatling, 6 pe is less then gatling range !
6 ST is okay if you pick fastshot instead of smallframe and get ST implant later
LK depends on implants.. play classsic 6 10 10 1 1 10 1 (fastshot bonehead 2lg mos) with 9 7 10 1 1 10 1 on drugs
and once you get PE, AG (and maybe IN) then reroll into 6 9 10 1 1 9 3 - basically -1 pe -1ag +2 lk from build above
with all implants its 7 10 10 1 2 10 4
with implants and drugs its 10 7 10 1 2 10 4 - thats best you can have on tank  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 11:14:46 am by Seki »

Grizzanmk2

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 02:43:23 pm »
Thanks for fast reply.
You kill em easily. I'd say, I can't imagine how do you plan to play with 1 luck build.
Spoiler: show
RIP 2238

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2016, 02:24:44 pm »
What is wrong with 1 lk + mos?
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

The Trooper

• View Profile