May 20, 2024, 10:48:21 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: NPC-Driven faction followers  (Read 1217 times)

Chest

• View Profile
NPC-Driven faction followers
« on: January 14, 2016, 02:38:53 pm »
Hi everyone! I bet this is not the first topic about this problems, and not the last. But this is what on my mind.
As an example off course will be BoS and Enclave.

I was thinking to change reputation system for this factions after compleating the Main Quest chain (Lets call it like this).

So one by one positive and negative things.
1. +You will be granted a possibility to hire Faction NPC follower(Companion/Merc type).
     -You will not be able to hire standard mercs, or travellers.

2. Companion will give the Quest to PC, and after completion he will join you.
    For Merc instead of money, you will hire him for your reputation, depence of the type of merc.
    You will not be able to hire merc/companion if your reputation drop below 1000.
    Instead of caps you will give them reasonable ammount of preffered gun bullets per week.

3. +You still have a NPC Faction follower, so they will protect you even from players. Additionaly if another player is hated with your faction- Followers will shoot him on sight.
    -If you have any NPC faction follower in your party, You can not enter any green location on map such as Towns, Mining sites... Possible only to enter The main base like LHB, or Navarro, and dungeons like Rocket silo, Glow and Toxic caves(Thats it)...  And thus coming...

Brand new feature- order to follower "Guard the car!". You can leave a car on random enc. and order to guard it. After this around car will be created two zones: yellow and red. If another char enter yellow zone, merc will yell "Dont come any closer", red zone - attack.

4. +New Map with magic lockers for NPC-driven faction fight only.
     -Impossible to enter New Reno or Warehouse location with NPC Faction follower.

5. Possibility to hire Powered armor Merc after completion quest "Bring three fuel cell controller", Considered that he must be as tough as Super Mutant Merc.(I cant find the info about resists and special of mutie, and i dont like to nerf Power armor. Maybe health adjustment will be enough.)

6. Good/evil alignment For BoS/Enclave. For example BoS considered Good. So killing a neuthral PC will give huge reputation penalty to BoS Member. And opposite, if BoS PC will be hurted by Neutral char- Neutral will get huge penalty to his BoS relations and will be shooted on sight until he will become neutral again.
    Enclave - evil alignment - good choise for PK game style. Able to kill Players up to Liked
status without penalty.
   However if you shoot member of your faction, you will get penalty aswell

I bet, it will be hard to implement in game, but anyway what do you think about this?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:16:53 pm by Chest »

Chest

• View Profile
Re: NPC-Driven faction followers
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 12:42:02 am »
OK. Now shortly...

1. You will not be able to swarm the cities. But you are still able to engauge PVP figts with Faction followers. If you dont like to join NPC-driven faction, or you are already join player faction  - you can use standart mercs which will nor engauge PVP. Swarm problem solwed.
2. Joining NPC driven faction will not be considered useless anymore.
3. If i write about BoS and Enclave - it does not mean that Riders and Vault city will not be counted.
For example riders mercs are cheap and use less party points but require drugs, and they will use them, to increase their efectiveness.
Vault City mercs wear combat armor, ant they can patch their wounds like they have healer, and healer+ perk, and faster healing perk for regen.

I can continue writing this bullshit, unless somebody stop me! Please reply!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 12:45:22 am by Chest »

Old Man Henderson

Re: NPC-Driven faction followers
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 01:16:17 am »
Sorry. I read "somebody stop me" and couldn't think of anything other than The Mask.

Seriously though, that sounds pretty good in my opinion.
Also adds some flavour to the game.