May 06, 2024, 08:32:30 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Bring back TC windows  (Read 26236 times)

Mighty

• View Profile
Re: Bring back TC windows
« Reply #135 on: June 05, 2015, 10:11:44 am »
I rlly miss reno.

On 2238, there was nothing valuable in New Reno Commercial, no locker, no spawns, no anything. Yet there were actions there every evening. So, what's the problem? I guess this is:

Not many old, pvp thirsty players remaining, now people got different mindset which I call "show me the carrot or I'm not going out of my cave". Just check forum and see how many posts like "give me magic locker with my pixels, pvp is dead without it" are there. Just a bunch of spoiled crybabies that play for loot not for fun.

So. If you want PvP, you should gather your squad and start the timer.. or just get out from your cave and stand somewhere. If you want PvP, when the timer starts, you should go there to PvP. If it doesn't, then you should maybe look for PvP. If you don't and you are just waiting for imba lockers spawning shit somewhere because otherwise you aren't going to go anywhere, then just keep posting "i miss pvp" on forums.

TC window is just a restriction. You need restrictions for PvP? Sometimes, there are actions in TC towns lasting more than 20-30 minutes, or several fights there. Such things don't happen when TC windows are enabled, because after the town is taken, then well, try tomorrow.

For me, Town Control should give no status and no reward right after the "controlling" faction leaves the town. Because they are not in there, then how the fuck they are "guarding" anything. It's just afk reward. For sure, Town Control needs a big change for next session.

I absolutely agree

playb0y

• Sniper.Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 05, 2015, 04:19:56 pm »
towns with TC windows always attracted much more pvp, i remember those times "tc 21-23 everyone!" because there was motivation that you will keep that town for at least one day

if point is to have pvp then i dont understand why there is any loot from those boxes, ofc everyone says that its not about loot but hey dont lie to yourselves, amount of caps spawning in TC boxes is pretty decent

its really demotivating when you win against some faction, you control all towns, you go sleep, you wake up and they have all towns, its nearly impossible to really keep control over towns this way, retaking all towns back takes 60-90 minutes which is alot of time and usually noone comes except at evening, standing 60-90 minutes in town is not my ideal vision of playing town control
its really demotivating that you sometimes win fight but enemy faction can take your town few hours later when you are offline and get more rewarded even through that they lose because they are weaker, makes no sense

if there would be for example 3 towns with different tc windows for different time zones and 3 which could be taken always, it would be fair for both sides
if town control is really about pvp then they can still have pvp anytime in those 3 towns while players which prefer to focus on towns with TC windows wouldnt be that much dissapointed because they can lose max 3 towns instead of 6

Absolutely agree. This is opinion from a skilled pvper not from a random crying child. 

Dunno why you Kilgore dont want to allow it.  There is 5 Tc towns.  It is so terrible idea put on them (maybe 2 or 3 cities) TC windows in severals time zones. I guess, and many ppl as you can see it is not.   

About you guys which have still problems with unfair atc atc... The biggest mouth have guys which are taking towns in 3 ppl and are scarry about enemy atack. Just kemping inside with full of shits in pants.

Solutin for both sides:  3 tc windows for big factions - FOR MORE PVP  2 towns without for noobs.

PVP community is on of the biggest part here on this server so please don♥t screw it up because of some specials kids.

Sorry  for my words but I had to say smtg about it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 09:52:12 pm by playb0y »
The Hawks

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 05, 2015, 04:52:20 pm »
I rlly miss reno.

On 2238, there was nothing valuable in New Reno Commercial, no locker, no spawns, no anything. Yet there were actions there every evening. So, what's the problem? I guess this is:

Not many old, pvp thirsty players remaining, now people got different mindset which I call "show me the carrot or I'm not going out of my cave". Just check forum and see how many posts like "give me magic locker with my pixels, pvp is dead without it" are there. Just a bunch of spoiled crybabies that play for loot not for fun.

So. If you want PvP, you should gather your squad and start the timer.. or just get out from your cave and stand somewhere. If you want PvP, when the timer starts, you should go there to PvP. If it doesn't, then you should maybe look for PvP. If you don't and you are just waiting for imba lockers spawning shit somewhere because otherwise you aren't going to go anywhere, then just keep posting "i miss pvp" on forums.

TC window is just a restriction. You need restrictions for PvP? Sometimes, there are actions in TC towns lasting more than 20-30 minutes, or several fights there. Such things don't happen when TC windows are enabled, because after the town is taken, then well, try tomorrow.

For me, Town Control should give no status and no reward right after the "controlling" faction leaves the town. Because they are not in there, then how the fuck they are "guarding" anything. It's just afk reward. For sure, Town Control needs a big change for next session.

kilgore we get APA for roleplaying now ? http://sendvid.com/4ydlhv4w

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 05, 2015, 08:44:51 pm »
PVP community is on of the biggest part here on this server so please don♥t screw it up because of some specials kids.

Unfortunately, you are wrong. PvP community is a minority (maybe except forum). Proven long time ago, on 2238.

kilgore we get APA for roleplaying now ? http://sendvid.com/4ydlhv4w

Strange, I thought that DocAn spawns APA only for BBS, not for other people.
Joking aside, I will ask him about it. To me, it looks like a skin or graphics mod. Or maybe he gave it to them for the time they were inside. Personally, I never give APAs to anyone even for 5 minutes because... guess what? It gives a high possibility of an ocean of shitstorm and drama. And after two years of various bullshit, I'm totally tired of shitstorms and drama over some pixels. That's also why we don't assign new/old people any GM function or administrator privileges. Only three people have admin privileges on game server right now:
- me
- DocAn
- cubik
and it will stay like that, even if it's a lot of burden for us (especially that cubik is rarely online, I don't think I've seen him in game in this session). Even with only three of us, people make up all sorts of stories. I'm pretty sure that even if nobody had admin access in game, people wouldn't stop making up strange stories about GMs spawning free stuff to gangs and buddies, altering characters, stalking people, raping bases or whatever.

Fun fact: when I was player of 2238, I did exactly the same thing. Bitching about unfair GMs and other paranoid bullshit. Maybe it's because fonline is full of assholes so everybody expects game staff to be assholes as well.

playb0y

• Sniper.Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:30 pm »
I rlly miss this 2238 and also Jovanka guy  ;)
The Hawks

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2015, 09:37:38 pm »
Reconsider adding TC windows for some cities, please. We're lacking stable PvP and nothing seems to help. I think TC windows would at least focus people still doing PvP in the same time, so we could get more intensive fun in specific hours - not hoping to get some for whole evening, as we do now.

Please also keep in mind that only 3 gangs (BSG, UV, LoSS) are still doing TC.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:39:41 pm by BB. »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2015, 12:00:24 am »
If you're an American time-zone player, you need to speak up. This "TC Window" thing is all about blocking you from a certain feature in most hours that you play (after work). Speak up, or don't, but if you don't and then we lose this argument (because the jackasses who want it won't stop pushing for it), then blame only yourselves when TC Windows are eventually imposed again.

Truly, lack of anyone fighting this only means they are not interested, or are not paying attention to this, or do not understand it.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2015, 02:14:41 am »
Well, since you asked :D I'm american and I am speaking up. I agree tc windows need to be added again for at least a couple cities! Again the guy most outspoken against this has still never participated in tc this session.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2015, 03:30:41 am »
Not sure how you think you'd know since names change, but yes it is true: if you wipe my stuff away, its gonna be a while till i'm back in TC. It takes me longer than it takes you. So what. But that doesn't matter since the TC feature is available to all players, even the ones not yet fully ready...that is...until you lock some of us out of certain cities because we work regular hours.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2015, 10:14:12 am »
Well its pretty easy to tell because like bb said, only 3 factions are tcing and I know you aren't in any if them. And you can't lock a person that doesn't tc in the first place out of tc. But you asked for Americans to speak up so I did. And yes. I work in the day as well, so I only ever have a chance to play in peak tc time a few times a week when I have time off. But despite this, I still think tc windows would be best for the good of the server rather than selfishly thinking only of me because already some teams have left because of lack of pvp. Even when I'm on when most euro players are asleep is there tc happening? Almost never. So yeah, I think there won't be some big wave of complaints from these phantom american tcers. And already american tc window has been put forward, but you don't even stop to think about it or address it. All you do is hear tc window and go on he same rants about all the Americans being screwed over when there have been several Americans in this thread supporting it. But typing all this is useless anyways because you will read only the first line and then repeat the same groundless statements that were addressed  20 times already like a broken record.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2015, 11:09:27 pm »
No man, i read all of your words. I like you, beer. You stay calm no matter what and you don't let things get to you. We need more guys like that. I found you to be a reasonable guy. So yes this is frustrating, but i don't get mad or ignore your words. Remember i stay pretty cool too. I am just trying to see why you somehow think that a lack of PvP is due to a lack of TC restrictions. It seems simply insane to me to implement a solution that does not even relate to the problem.

Problem: lack of PvP.
Possible cause: lack of PvP-ready players
Possible root cause: wipe erased our data and sent us all back to the TC-unready state
Possible cause: lack of players at all
Possible root cause: PKs murder them too much, so newps quit before they learn the awesomeness of TC
Solution: narrow the opportunity for some players to do TC in some towns
Expected conclusion: 100% ineffective

One thing i cannot see as a possible cause is: plenty of stagnate PvP-ready guys standing around Hub bored but who will suddenly jump up and run to TC because a magic window is closing in Redding.

See? Hey if narrowing the window helps at all, then narrow it even more. Even more. Now more. At what point do we see it's not even logical. The problem is we don't have enough people playing this game. But hey how 'bout a another wipe? Yeah that'll fix it. (Insanity)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:12:44 pm by Henry »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 26, 2015, 08:43:09 am »
Sorry to jump in on the discussion here, but I just wanted to respond mainly to the OP.

You say you don't want to spend an hour and a half taking back all the towns when no one is there to fight, so why do you do it? You do it because you want control of the lockers at all times.

I am to going to take more guesses here; you are in UV, and you are part of their "skeleton crew" (that is the ones who are on the most, and take the towns back when other teams have left).

I am in LSS and I can feel what you are saying to a degree but for different reasons. I TC for PvP, when our crew does get together to TC a lot of the time there is just no team on big enough to want to fight so we end up sitting around for hours too, this annoys me as I TC for PvP, and when there is no action it is boring to me.

Now; you want to stop "us" from being able to take certain towns while your region is "asleep" because you don't like having to sit around taking them, again I ask, then why do you do it? You guys (UV that is, assuming that you are) seem to just want control of the towns without having to fight, I'm not saying you don't fight, as UV is one of the only teams that give us constant action, and I love you for that.. But even when UV doesn't have the numbers to fight, they pull lame tricks with the TC timers to maintain all out town ownership at all times. You seem to be asking the devs to cater to that ideology (owning all of the towns all of the time and only having to fight when you feel like it), instead of catering to support team PvP (TC).

For these reasons I must -1 the idea of TC timezone windows. Apologies ahead of time for any assumptions that were inaccurate.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2015, 10:58:08 am »
That topic should be named bring back TC players.(how to find them :facepalm)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 27, 2015, 12:56:52 am »
How to get bigger teams: recruit new people and train them. It's hard work, and most guys are far too lazy to do this. It's so much easier to murder people, so that is what most guys do. Hence teams don't grow much.

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2015, 02:20:41 am »
Remove tc reward, for sure noone will toilet camp it at nights, seriously, what are they defending there?