May 09, 2024, 11:38:02 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How to give safehouse control to alts  (Read 2202 times)

Zamolxes

• View Profile
How to give safehouse control to alts
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:08:25 pm »
Made a crafter character and I'd like to bring several alts in to use the network of safehouses. How do I do that?

Also, I messed up my crafter, can I modify it, or I have to make a new character? I'd like to be able to hire slaves to work in a private mine and maybe use it as a treasure hunter. Is it possible to have 2 roles into one, or do I need a 2nd char as treasure hunter?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: How to give safehouse control to alts
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:25:29 pm »
make maps, give to each alt.

also you can reroll you  character for 10k caps. I think you have to be lvl 24

Crazeddoctor

• Professional Reno Bluesuiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 12:31:12 am »
make maps, give to each alt.

also you can reroll you  character for 10k caps. I think you have to be lvl 24

Nah, you can reroll at lvl 2 :)

Just do command

~deleteself Password       

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 01:04:55 am »
Doctor...... >:( ::)
Like Stalker said. Make maps and give them to your alts.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 03:28:52 am »
Made a crafter character and I'd like to bring several alts in to use the network of safehouses. How do I do that? ...Is it possible to have 2 roles into one, or do I need a 2nd char as treasure hunter?

What i do is build one private base, and pile all maps there. Then every time i start a new character, i add his name to base terminal as "Friend". (Set hideout access to "Allow Friends"). That character can then go there and read all maps at level 1. Have some books and gear ready for him there too and he gets a huge head start at level 1xp.

Yes of course you can have 1 guy doing multiple roles. The thing is...this game's mechanics are somewhat limited so some of us (me included) tend to have 1 char per role. For example, my treasure hunter does not have Small Frame Trait because i prefer to carry more per run.

Zamolxes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 06:08:19 am »
That's a neat idea Henry, what kind of base is that? I thought a base shows up on the map and everyone can attack it, although in my travels I never came up against one.

If private bases can be kept well, hidden, what would be a good cheap option for a noob like me and where is a decent location? Close to a mine and adv workbench, or close to ruins?

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 09:56:56 am »
That's a neat idea Henry, what kind of base is that? I thought a base shows up on the map and everyone can attack it, although in my travels I never came up against one.

If private bases can be kept well, hidden, what would be a good cheap option for a noob like me and where is a decent location? Close to a mine and adv workbench, or close to ruins?

Bases are private like tents.  You have a couple of options as well, I suggest checking Wiki for specifics.

Easiest way to do it is to buy a "Construction Site" for 10k caps (several places to do this, I do it in NCR), and take the construction worker to the location you want to build it.  Tell him "Right here", and you'll get a construction site.  Gather the materials, tell the guy to build it.

It's 100% secure, and you can buy as many as you'd like under the same faction name.  You'll choose your faction name from a list when you purchase the first base.  Use ~ffn command in client to get a list of available names.

The location is up to you.  Henry and I do it differently for sure, but our way both works for our specific needs.  Figure out what works best for you.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 01:36:44 am »
The laziest way is to never even build it. Just leave it as a construction site so you avoid all that work. But i like Outpost base because you get a still and it looks cool. It takes so much junk though, ugh.

Best practice: type ~ffn before you even have the 10k caps in your hand, and decide on a faction name first. Be ready with the name before you begin dialogue to buy the base, and know the correct spelling so it goes smoother. Each base also has a "Hideout Name" so decide on that before you finish construction. Faction names have to come from the in-game list, while Hideout Names are whatever you say.

Location? Close to starting location, so new characters don't have far to walk. But really, nothing else about this base matters much - it's only used to get your additional characters a quick-start.