May 15, 2024, 10:42:31 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Worst mistake you made in Fonline?  (Read 6655 times)

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
Worst mistake you made in Fonline?
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:39:36 pm »
Post your worst  :facepalm Moments here.

So far I'd say attacking NCR Rangers and NCR Army total of ~15-20 guys solo didn't quite pan out for me. I opened fire assuming that the NCR Army met some "friends" I was wrong. and looted Twice.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: Worst mistake you made in Fonline?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 12:23:40 pm »
My biggest mistake?
I started play this game long ago...and I can't stop now  :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 12:26:31 pm »
My biggest mistake? Thinking that there would be a wipe.

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:21:11 pm »
biggest mistake i made in FOnline was deleting my character (Seki, lvl ~200, back in october-november 2013)

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »
I entered a Town control by ennemy faction with my char wanting to go into my own base.  :facepalm

I know that Pinky once deleted one of his tent with all his implants in them.  :o

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 04:46:06 pm »
Go for a hex on an enclave patrolman wielding an avenger ... in realtime. :facepalm

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 05:42:51 pm »
I entered a Town control by ennemy faction with my char wanting to go into my own base.  :facepalm

I know that Pinky once deleted one of his tent with all his implants in them.  :o

Several sessions ago in 2238 when we could still have only one tent per character, I was the one that made the team farming tent out near Mariposa. I forgot it was mine... made a new one with that character. It was maybe 10 days after wipe, and we lost probably 50% of our resources acquired at that point.

Cobra

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 08:56:10 am »
Biggest mistake so far, was doing Military Warehouse and trying to restart reactor... Dropped all my GOOD gear outside in case I were to be radiated to death... then the encounter despawned.

RIP
A new level of shit-poasting.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2015, 01:24:15 pm »
On 2238, I dropped a Combat Armor on worldmap, when it was not craftable and very rare and expensive (2nd session, 2009).

On Reloaded, I've once made a mistake and shut down actual game server instead of my test server, disconnecting 200 players without any warning. Oops  :facepalm
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:27:41 pm by Kilgore »

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 01:36:37 pm »
Assisted someone in New Reno.
This was when I had first started playing with an old character, so probably two years-ish ago.
I didn't realise some places were hostile and some were safe, so I was fully geared up. They asked for help, I followed them down the street and was then met by about 10 plasma grenades flung at me.

I did not survive that particular encounter.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2015, 02:53:12 pm »
I did a lot of mistakes and don't remember which one was the worst.
But I can tell you the funniest one that happened to me.
My team had some skirmishes in Reno, fully geared and ready to fight I activated 2 c4, threw one c4 toward ennemies and detonated the one in my inventory  :facepalm
I blew up and killed another teammate, the rest of the team was thrown with the blastwave right in front of ennemies. Probably one of the fastest skirmishes I've ever lost.

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2015, 04:31:43 pm »
When I was noob, sharing my base (with my stuff) with new "friends" I met. Got my base raped a few times, but i learnt the lesson

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2015, 06:08:23 pm »
When we used to do many TCs as Amboy Dukes (times when I didn't even smell a single Nemean), I was driving my car to another town. I used "TB mode" back then so I was used to click on the car as fast as I could in every forced encounter (just before the TB starts). Once I realized just after going to the worldmap it was "a dead man under a tree" (best special encounter). That was the only time I ever saw it myself. :)

When I read the log (confirming my thought) I was like:
okay...

triqua

• Supporter & Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2015, 06:58:10 pm »
i still make many pvp related mistakes but my worst one has been when i just started here. i didnt used sandboxie and didnt had a base so i tried to hide map of my first tent in junktown. of course it was gone when i came back with the new alt but luckily noone showed up in that tent . :)

oh and when i looked for ways to farm enclave i started with bozar and hpa set. ko and goodbye :)

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2015, 05:01:41 pm »
i still make many pvp related mistakes but my worst one has been when i just started here. i didnt used sandboxie and didnt had a base so i tried to hide map of my first tent in junktown. of course it was gone when i came back with the new alt but luckily noone showed up in that tent . :)

I never used sandboxie, but there are much better places to do that than junktown  :)