May 14, 2024, 11:12:47 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caps and Economy  (Read 2562 times)

cheezy

• View Profile
Caps and Economy
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:43:40 pm »
I think way people gain caps could be rework to be better.
Right now best way beside from trading with players is to camp the traders.
With no cool time on crafting/mining, You can make stuff to trade and get tons of caps easy.
You can also put money in the bank gain good interest.

1. I would make most humanoid npc carry caps and the amount depends on how hard they are to kill (this also could give stealing more value).
2. Set interest rates to 0 (prevent auto gains of money so caps have to be work at(rich get richer)
3. Vender would need rework in some way.
Maybe lower the amount of caps they carry (maybe 500-2000) or remove there caps altogether
Maybe change vender items that he accepts (maybe ones that cant be craft but stuff you find)
Might have venders only take caps have stuff worth buying
You also could have value of items trade go down and up base on how many he has in stock (so if some selling same craft item over and over it wont work forever)
4. Add more caps sinks to the game. The more ways you have spend your money the more
value your caps would be and it help prevent inflammation of caps from overflow.

This would make money more value. Caps would more represent time spent farming.
I think it make better economy.

My first suggestion could be add right now but the rest probably have to be after a wipe.
Because there already a lot caps in the system. So new player disadvantage to
old player who had easy gain from there start.

Any thoughts or comments,
My first suggestion one I really like to see add, I go kill robber he has none or 1-6 caps(should carry like 25-80)

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Caps and Economy
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:57:36 pm »
Bank interest to 0 is,em bollox...
Not everyone have the time to grind all the shit/traders just to get some caps,just lowered interest (it would be in next update from what i read in changelog) would be enough...
Btw there is caps on enclave patrols so basicaly you can get money from killing hard opponents already...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Glumer

• View Profile
    • http://i40.tinypic.com/67qdua.jpg
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 10:15:46 pm »
interesting suggestion, yes shit all the economy to make it same like 2238 and kill server

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 10:25:13 pm »
Not everyone have the time to grind all the shit/traders just to get some caps,just lowered interest (it would be in next update from what i read in changelog) would be enough...
Btw there is caps on enclave patrols so basicaly you can get money from killing hard opponents already...

With enough money any amount of interest rate will gain good money. Tho lower would be better.
I don't have much time myself but rather have it were caps mean something. But hey why not remove all grinding have everything free.... I think not.
Not everyone can farm enclave. I talking about putting money on most guys base on how hard they are. So any tier of player can farm up caps.
It would not be so hard that takes forever to build up. But just to make it take some time so caps have a value.
Talking about grinding , dont you have grind some to level then, why your killing why not have them drop caps too.
You have least grind at start get anywhere right?

No fun have all hand to you.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 10:41:02 pm »

With enough money any amount of interest rate will gain good money. Tho lower would be better.
I don't have much time myself but rather have it were caps mean something. But hey why not remove all grinding have everything free.... I think not.
Not everyone can farm enclave. I talking about putting money on most guys base on how hard they are. So any tier of player can farm up caps.
It would not be so hard that takes forever to build up. But just to make it take some time so caps have a value.
Talking about grinding , dont you have grind some to level then, why your killing why not have them drop caps too.
You have least grind at start get anywhere right?

No fun have all hand to you.
yeah that isn't bad idea,i was think ,what about if you perhaps join BoS and start killing enclave and they will pay you for that,or Enclave / BoS, Rangers / Slavers,Super Mutants / BoS etc. that would be really good and beter then just running with full bag of stuff from town to town...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 11:03:40 pm »
Its not bad idea to get bounties base on factions. But not everyone tho in faction at the start and you would think if caps are main currency, they carry some?
I just like make were you earn caps and not super easy to gain large amounts. Work your way up.
I dont want to feel like your grinding away all the fun but that feels like your building up and having fun.
If comes easy then not fun but takes forever it gets boring.

Kaaon

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 05:11:16 am »
I agree, its really good idea to improve economy. Current best way to get caps - trader camping is really stupid. Players should get caps by playing the game and not camping traders. But wipe isnt needed.. just lower bank interest rate, item prices, trader caps and add some caps to enemies in encouters, footlockers, quests, caravan and dungeons. Lowering interest rate shouldnt affect new players cuz they got no caps and rich players would have to play the game instead of getting alot of caps just from interests, by doing nothing.
Very high interest and overall income of caps into game and small outcome can lead to inflation which can ruin whole economy and lead to wipe. Never played 2238 but i heard that something smillar happend there.
Also seen in changelog alot economy changes which should prevent server from inflation so i hope there will be no wipe due to inflation.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 08:08:04 am by Kaaon »

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 08:19:18 pm »
there is no way to make working economy with unlimited stuff. Caps balance at traders is good at it is, far way better than on 2238.

Strike

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 08:20:08 pm »
Well, there is update coming. Not going to fix economy, but maybe just help it little.

there is no way to make working economy with unlimited stuff. Caps balance at traders is good at it is, far way better than on 2238.
Yup, 2238 was horrible :/

Neuromancer

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 04:55:52 am »
I was about to ask this - What is wrong with current economy? Do you know any other mmorpgs economy that could work in fonline?

"... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you ... " - F. Nietzsche

cheezy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 07:23:02 am »
I was about to ask this - What is wrong with current economy? Do you know any other mmorpgs economy that could work in fonline?

Its how you earn caps that's kind mess up here.  I camp traders and trade gear (craft easy from public mine).  I make big caps no time.
I just want caps to carry more value to them then that.  That caps represent a value that I work at and accumulated.
I am not saying make it hard but the way you gain caps need to change.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 07:49:51 am »
You can collect gold nuggets they are worth 125 per one ;D