May 10, 2024, 03:27:43 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Stealing in caravans.  (Read 2639 times)

Asmodeus

• Life life fast and welcome death.
    • View Profile
Stealing in caravans.
« on: November 05, 2015, 10:24:34 pm »
So this Crazy-Duke asshole stole most my ammo during caravan.

got pretty sick of it so i shot him.

What do you guys think of killing in caravan if its justified?

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Stealing in caravans.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 09:06:05 am »
I think you  put yourself at great risk instead of reporting the guy doing something he obviously shouldn't be doing.

See this is the problem with admin enforced caravan rules, there's always some jackass trying to push the envelope.

IMO just drop the silly caravan rules, or change the caravan AI to respond accordingly, or make reputation loss more effective and change the 5000 cap auto reputation resettler, or something.

I know why kil put this rule in place in the first place but surely he is creating more work for himself doing it like this.

Asmodeus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:12:41 am »
It all depends if stealing from a player on caravan would count as a pvp action.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 09:33:54 am »
It would definitely seem like something the caravan driver would NOT have hired a person to do.

Plus your first reaction to it was murder, so from my perspective yes, stealing counts as a "pvp" action in this scenario. I mean just look at what happens to thieves in the hub.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 09:59:52 am »
Yes this is something you simply report to Kilgore, with evidence of course. Make sure to make screenshots next time.

It would definitely seem like something the caravan driver would NOT have hired a person to do.

Plus your first reaction to it was murder, so from my perspective yes, stealing counts as a "pvp" action in this scenario. I mean just look at what happens to thieves in the hub.

I do miss the 2238 times in NCR where guards would instead yell out the thief it's name and make him free game. Made the place feel much more alive with all the crafters, merchants, wannabe sheriffs, roleplayers, chatters, tent raiders, bombers and thieves going around. The hub in Reloaded doesn't really capture that feeling.

Perhaps next wipe will bring NCR back in the spotlight again?

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 10:11:31 am »

I do miss the 2238 times in NCR where guards would instead yell out the thief it's name and make him free game. Made the place feel much more alive

Yes it was a cool mechanic, maybe caravan drivers could be edited to do the same thing in caravans somehow, like yelling out the thief's name and then auto kicking and failing the caravan for that theif (so the caravan leaves without them and they have to pay to reenter that company).

But if it works like old NCR, and a successful steal goes unnoticed, then I would think caravans would suddenly fill with bluesuit level 12 max steal trolls who wait for unlucky suckers to join caravans for the purpose of robbing them.

Asmodeus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 10:47:30 am »
Brings up some interesting thoughts.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 12:47:00 pm »

).

But if it works like old NCR, and a successful steal goes unnoticed, then I would think caravans would suddenly fill with bluesuit level 12 max steal trolls who wait for unlucky suckers to join caravans for the purpose of robbing them.

successful, as well as unsuccessful steal attempt goes unpunished now.  So adding this feature would not increase stealing trolls cuz as for now they are not there, and there is no penalty for unsuccessful stealing, so why would they start showing up when penalty would be added? I did my fair share of caravans last few months, Thieves are annoying but no common on caravans. still you should be able to kill the bustard. Especially ones that actually brag about stealing your ammo.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G900F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 08:42:35 pm »

successful, as well as unsuccessful steal attempt goes unpunished now.  So adding this feature would not increase stealing trolls cuz as for now they are not there, and there is no penalty for unsuccessful stealing, so why would they start showing up when penalty would be added?

It's a good point, but the main reason I think people don't do it at the moment because the rules are so harsh and strict in this regard that nobody does it out of fear of drawing the wrath of a banhammer.

Once there are stipulated rules saying stealing is "OK" by terms that it will never get you banned, then all bets are off.

Catoptromancy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 09:25:49 pm »
This makes another issue. If stealing is allowed, it can equate to indirectly killing someone. Muties and renegades always require stimming. If someone steals your stims, you die and get looted.

But then a successful steal wont be mentioned in the log. If player tries kill the stealer to get back those stims it would only look like a ban worthy caravan killing.

Strike

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:12:27 pm »
You could just report players who really doesn't care about caravan rewards, but something else valuable.