May 17, 2024, 08:43:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Steal skill  (Read 710 times)

Strike

Steal skill
« on: December 31, 2013, 06:38:22 am »
I have some ideas for steal skill, I know we hate thieves but they need something new as they are most boring to level up and such.
Orange ideas are for boost, red ones for nerf.

Experience boost for stealing

At the moment, experience from stealing goes like this.
5, 10, 15, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 100

My suggestion for experience boost.
10, 20, 30, 50, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 200

Items harder to steal?

Maybe items could be little harder to steal? So that experience would not be so easy to get.

Sneak and stealing chance

This is how stealing chance is working now.
Stealing chance depends on the Steal skill of the thief and the Perception of the robbed person. The size of the item and the direction the victim is facing also matter if the thief doesn't have the Pickpocket perk. Moreover, guards in protected towns can notice stealing near them. They have a lower chance to notice stealing attempts at night.

I would like to add Sneak skill somehow to this chance, maybe it could reduce little perception of the robbed person?

Thief become visible only, if fail to steal something.

Town guards kill thief, so thief become visible only this way :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:56:08 am by Strike »

Evan_85

• Hypocrite
    • View Profile
Re: Steal skill
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 09:29:22 am »
My 2 cents: about thievery xp... The current number looks the same as it was in 2238. I did level a non-combat thief there, and it was tedious. But here? With the steal cap and increased crafting xp, an intelligent skilled char can be a top tier thief in half an hour without killing a rat.

In case if it's a combat char than you shouldn't waste your points on steal regular leveling will still be better.

Also... steal xp only comes from NPCs. As there's no more NPC pocketing in encounters, the above suggestion would only buff the probably long abandoned habit of pocketing a coin back and forth to a random citizen.

EDIT: About the last suggestion... are you suggesting that a char with sneak and steal shouldn't be auto-revealed when approaching someone closer than 3 hex? Besides being illogical, -that- would make thieves pvp-worthy - while completely kicking current balance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 09:32:34 am by Evan_85 »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Steal skill
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 03:34:03 pm »
Changing steal skill is not planned.