May 10, 2024, 10:54:09 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Got a new Job suggestion?  (Read 28770 times)

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
Re: Got a new Job suggestion?
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2015, 07:26:44 am »
"Wet Work."
Faction X has hired you to take out Faction Y's leader(s). They don't care HOW you do it- just get it done.
Each job isnt reoeatable but if you wait long enough for your villified status to come back up to hated you can take their faction's job- so the leader of the bos hires you to whack the leader of the enclave, a month later the leader of the enckave hires you to whack the leader of the bos!
(Kinda based on Last Man Standing, fwiw.)
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2015, 11:18:02 pm »
I am thinking some of the doctors in the Wasteland could have a side job as a dentist. Some things a dentists need is gold for fillings.

So some of (or all the doctors) could ask you for gold nuggets. But something that could be more interesting would be gold teeth. It's already an item from Fallout 2, Gold Tooth. Maybe there is a chance to find a gold tooth or two on raiders, slavers or maybe just claim jumpers. (Could have it so you need to have a knife in your inventory to get them) Collect the gold nuggets or teeth and cash them in.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:28:19 am by Styles »

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2015, 05:20:44 am »
Maybe Gold Teeth can be colored in like the special vault suit makes a person smile.
And maybe Gold Teeth could be gotten by giving Nuggets to a dentist.

Upon death the Golden Teeth are dropped?
In Maintenance Mode.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2015, 01:18:08 am »
Gold Teeth dropped when players die? Would have to get another one put in when you respawn or people would just kill their alts over and over again.

Other jobs: Condoms (Jimmy Hats) for Mrs. Kitty. She want's her girls to be safe. If you bring her X amount she will let you have a go for free!

Cat's Paw Magazines for Chris at Navarro (or another characters) because it gets lonely being on guard duty.

Motion Scanners and Radiation detectors I would imagine would be in great demand for scavengers.

Oil Cans, Tool Kits, wrenches for T-Ray and or Todd and any other character with mechanic skills.

Water Bags and Bottles for Caravan Masters/Guards.

A lot of characters could ask if you have smokes or a lighter.

Kids could ask for Nuka-Cola. Could give it for free or ask for caps which they may or may not have.

Jet obviously for get heads. I am thinking options could be A) Give it to them for free but that gets you in shit with drug deals in the area. B) Ask for X amount of caps which they may or may not have. C) Give it to them for sexual favor. D) Offer them other drugs such as Buffout with A, B, C also part of that option.

Flares for various groups in the Wasteland. As in Rangers will ask to buy Yellow. Brotherhood, White and so on.

First Aid kits for the Followers. First Aid Books for the Followers.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:21:03 am by Styles »

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 02:27:37 am »
lol great ideas :) who knows who was listening...

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2015, 11:14:32 pm »
Redding has a Mad Brahmin problem. A local brahmin farmer has a herd of brahmin that has came down with a disease that makes them very hostile.    They need to be put down. But there is a catch... they got into one of Dan McGrew's powder stashes and have consumed much of it. The farmer tried to deal with them himself but found they explode when he used a flamer.

Not sure if this is something the player could do over and over again but if someone likes the idea, feel free to use it and write dialogue.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:16:14 pm by Styles »

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2015, 10:24:34 am »
Wall of text ahead :)
Dunno if someone mention these.

I got an idea but dunno if it is doable.
 I was thinking of smth like this.   Lets take BoS and Enclave , because they are strongest factions in the game and they are totally opposite.   Was thinking that each of these 2 factions have a job that u can do 1 per week in real life. That job would be to sabotage or eliminate units of the opposing faction. For finishing quest you would get reputation , exp and "marks" as reward. As your reputations i going up with 1 its going down for other.  The point except rep and exp reward are "marks". I was thinking is it possible to implement a system like that.  Getting marks each week for finishing quest that isnt easy at all. Now for these marks you could change them for gear at the faction u took quest(job) with.  For example  , u get 10 marks per finished job.  For 10 marks u can get 500 micro fusion cells or 500 small cells or u can choose Laser Rifle or Plasma Rifle, Or Laser and Plasma pistol or Gatling Laser. For 30 marks u can get 1000mc , or 1000 cm . You can get Laser Rifle (ext. cap)  or Turbo Plasma Rifle. For 50 marks you could get 2000mc or 2000sc , or Any of those weapons but advanced. 80 marks same ammo , but you can get any of those weapons but unique. 100 marks = Power Armor. Ofcourse these numbers would need tweeking but you get the idea.

This mark system could be implemented if it i possible for all opposing factions , and they would giving different rewards , as stimpaks, super stimpaks , drugs , armors , weapons...

Building a map for Desert Hunter , Bounty Hunters , Mutant Remanants.  Where you could work for them with different quest corresponding with their story. I would put marks there to.

Queest from gun runners to kill muties for box is great quest and we need more like those.  There was Mercenary camp in original fallout that kind of map is good to for quest like these.  With few cave lvls  , traps and mobs.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Moep

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 08:12:47 pm »
New Reno Stables Job

get people hooked on Jet - not sure if you can Use On other people
(not in the Den, they are already junkheads + you shouldnt get caught by Guards in the cities)

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 09:38:17 pm »
New Reno Stables Job

get people hooked on Jet - not sure if you can Use On other people
(not in the Den, they are already junkheads + you shouldnt get caught by Guards in the cities)

There could be an option to sell slaves to the people at the Stables.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2015, 04:01:14 am »
Keep em coming!

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2015, 04:18:23 am »
Playing cards for Hermits and Lone Wanderers. After all a Hermit's favorite game would be Solitaire.

We come across a Hermit and if we have a deck of playing cards in our inventory they will ask if we wouldn't mind selling it to them.

Playing cards could be obtained at New Reno, Redding or both.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:20:23 am by Styles »

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 10:13:10 am »
Ok some of these can be used as quest or just a job.

I ll start will Junktown , here are few ideas.

1. I would use this one as quest. 
Quest name : Easy Task
Quest giver : Andrew prison guard in Junktown.
Description(smth like this): When u talk to him , he ll seem disturbed , then you ll ask him is everything ok . He ll look suspicious and check you out and then say smth like can u help me for a moment i got an easy task for you. You ll accept or decline. He ll ask u if u can guard the jail for a few seconds , because he needs yo pee rly bad or to take a dump.  Now here u can ask him is there anyone in jail , no one is coming for him or smth. He ll say its ok there no one in there just stay in fron of the jail till i come back. Of course he lied. And as u stand u are approached but few thugs that enter in dialog with u asking u to move and give them keys or die. U look confused , dont know whats happening and u have options to stand ground or escape as a baby. :D

2.Job
Job giver : Hernandez gambler in Junktown
He asks you for your help , to lend him some money , hes addicted to gamble he sure he found a way to win this time , because he discovered how system works. He promises that when he wins he ll give u bonus from your money. If u give him money , there some chance lets say 25% or 35% that he actually wins. Then u ll get double caps u invested and u ll get some exp. If he loses then nothing u lost your investment  :D

3.Job
Job giver:Andrew prison guard in junktown.
The guy is fucking hungry he cant leave his post till his shift is over , and he got a criminal inside so he needs to be present every second and he asks you to bring him some food and water , but the thing is he only like food from NCR iguana sellers place , he usually buy enough food for months but it run over earlier than he hoped. And he needs water to you can fill up that thing u make from brahim skin. :D

4. Job
Job giver: Lars , head of guards in junktown.
The security at south gate is weak and they are having some problems in the evening with some thugs(raiders) what ever. He ask you if u can be stationed there at the door and help them out if something happens. Job is to stand at the gate for few hours in game time. There a chance for an encounter 30% or more , encounter would consist of some raiders or gun powder gang trying to get inside junktown. And you would help defending it. If there was no encounter then u finished your job by standing there exact time.

5. Quest
Quest name : Kidnapping
Quest giver : Lars  , head of guards in junktown.
Description: One girl was kidnapped last night by some raiders while she was taking care of brahims in stables near junktown. They are low on guard so they cant go and check for trails atm . so they ask you to go and investigate. As u take quest u ll be shown new map location some small stables with brahims, theyre you ll see some blood and torn black jacket that raiders wear and small paper giving u the location of the raiders that took the girl. She seems to be able to make that paper in all the fuss. Paper will show u next location that u need to go , There you ll see guy with some guards  , in dialog u learn that he actually buys people as slaves and then send me further where they ll work or be hookers or smth. U then torture him for informations , u learn who gave him the girl where they left , and also where he sent the girl. So you discover 2 locations you can go save the girl kill her captors and then go kill raiders that kidnapped her.

6.Job
Job giver : Marcelles = owns crash house.
Some punks are int he room , they are late with the rent , they are dirty and lound they dont want to leave the room , and the guards are too busy to do anything about it , they told he she needs to find a way to reason with them. So she ask you to actually reason with them and get them out. As you enter the room ( would make this different every time you do it) , first time u can find some junkies , next some , mercs , drunk soldiers... Anyway u can reason with them with speach , you can give them money to leave , or u can force them to leave them or u ll engage in combat and kill them or be killed :D

7.Quest
Quest giver : Marcelles
I would implement the same quest as in original fallout http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Rescue_Sinthia tho change rewards alil bit . Its great quest and has good dialoge.

8. Quest
Quest name: Dangerous fugitive
Quest giver : Lars head guard or Mayor.
Description : Some dangerous guy that was in cell until ncr police  come for him and take him to the ncr prison. He escaped in the meanwhile and he is dangerous , last time they captured him he took out few guards and because they are low on guards and its risky they cant spend any resources or people to find him and bring him to justice.  So they ask you to bring him to justice , eventually kill him because he is too big of a problem. This guys is accused of rape , murder , robbery.They ll tell you information of his last out post where they caught him . You ll go there to check it for informations and trails. The place was swiped clean , theres nothing that can lead you to him.  You go back to quest giver and inform him , he ll tell u that new informations came and that some worker saw him near quarry. You go to quarry talk with workers to see which one got the info about him. When u pay off one of them he ll tell you that he went to hide in the mountains and he ll give out the location. When you find him you ll see him with few guards. He ll offer you money to let him escape and some drugs( if he finds you strong) , you can let him escape for free because he told u sad story how he didnt do anything. Or you ll bring him to justice and kill him. If u are weak low lvl he ll auto att you when u enter his zone saying : Who the fuck are you? Get him boys , he ll make a fine slave.

If u like concept of these i can make more for other town.

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2015, 08:18:37 pm »
Hmm.... Thanks.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:17 pm »
The Water Merchants need chemical component to keep their water supply clean. They direct you to an old water treatment plant.

The Gun Runners need high quality alloys and metal. You can give it to them for pay, or give it to them for free but get good karma.

Maybe there could be a power plant in the hub that the Water Merchants control. It runs on steam. The steam comes from burning wood. So you are asked to go collect wood for them.

Lots of people want to play craps, but don't have dice. If you come across dice, they will pay good money for them.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:06:00 pm by Styles »

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2015, 10:34:28 pm »
Id like to Go back to Water Merchants for a sec... As you said, It would be neat to have a reason for caravan carts.
Perhaps it is possible to group caravan carts somehow.. Make your own caravan per say.. each player has a cart filled with water tho i cant think of a good reason for this as it seems the trunks are quite big enough on one..

Perhaps instead of just a couple water bags or water bottles (Which could be an Option) You can pick from a list..
take 20 down to tobacco farm
 take 50 to salvagers in boneyard
take 100 up to newreno.. (cart required) etc...

Also Low Level Caravan Runs. Turnbased. I really think this would be a great thing for noobs, To explore the map, meet other players, learn the game, etc.. Caravans are awesome! But only really enjoyed by those prepared for them.
I dont want to see Caravans Nerfed or go Turnbased. But having a low level Caravan route for say lvl 1-12 or sumthing, turnbased. ( I heard Cassidy Caravans is an up and comer...  ;) )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:36:14 pm by damonicos »