May 05, 2024, 10:38:45 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: The Community of FOnline  (Read 21923 times)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
Re: The Community of FOnline
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2016, 01:05:40 am »
I  have no problem with talking, dealing etc with other nations,races etc.
But mixing nations/races and cultures is like a fuckin suicide. Imagine, that one day you woke up and everyone is looking the same. Everyone has the same religion, culture, skin colour, language gathered under the same shitty flag. We are all grey apes without colourful history, without challenging and interesting  present time and the worst thing meaningless and pointless future except getting richer and fatter. For me it would be disgusting, disgrace for humanity. Holocaust on your own nation, same thing as occupants do to beaten tribes but we do it to ourselves.

That's how I see global village, overblown tolerance and all of that mixing culture shit.
As you can see being nationalis/racist doesn't mean being stupid short sighted redneck, it can also means you see far. Even farther than all of those "modern" and "wise" politicians, celebrities and other shit that flow with water that someone had flushed in toilet.
GUN FOR HIRE

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2016, 01:19:59 am »
;)

What is ur ethnicity?

Canadian born, bloodlines from Ireland, Netherlands, and Norway.

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2016, 01:41:45 am »
Cool Chris! U know the House of Oranje??

Here is a heavy 1 for all u:

All human beings belong to a single species and are descended from a common stock. They are born equal in dignity and rights and all form an integral part of humanity.

from..... http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=13161&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

u know just a Monday night light read 8) Broaden ur horizons  and dont be boxed in  8)

Peace and GL no matter what u believe  8) 8)

killer1986chris

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2016, 03:05:18 am »
No, family has been here a few generations after going through Russia and the USA on their way here.

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2016, 03:29:18 am »
Very cool ur roots stretch far  :) Respect

Check the story of Prince William of Oranje from Netherlands, he eventually became King of England, interesting story 8)

In Ontario, there is Orangeville, even New York was once known as New Amsterdam....

Keep cool Mr Chris and enjoy the nice Canadian summer  8)

See u in the wastes

killer1986chris

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2016, 03:30:26 am »
Likewise :)

manero

• Supporter
  • I love big guns and i cannot lie...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2016, 09:24:24 am »
As time went on, FOnline: 2238 died, and the players realized that they had killed it.

Players? Bullshit.
Bang Bang Smash

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2016, 03:15:34 pm »
As time went on, FOnline: 2238 died, and the players realized that they had killed it.

Players? Bullshit.

Expand your opinion. I think both players and devs were responsible for 2238's death. But death of 2238 started new era for fonline.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2016, 03:22:49 pm »

Players? Bullshit.

Expand your opinion. I think both players and devs were responsible for 2238's death. But death of 2238 started new era for fonline.

Players just use tools they have at their disposal.
Yet there were still those who stayed on 2238 despite Jovanka's updates which have mostly contributed to 2238's death. But with each update it has become worse. Whom to blame ? Those who play or those who do updates ?

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2016, 06:28:59 pm »
Those who do updates and those who stop playing :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2016, 04:27:02 pm »
 :facepalm
What a bullshit. Almost everything you wrote is just a nostalgia. You are trying to explain low online of fo servers from emotional view. The truth is that most of fallout community is quite aged, you will rarely see someone 18- playing games like fallout 1 \ 2. And with age you are getting lesser and lesser time for games. Those who got family are barely having any time to even meet with friends. And since there is no way you can force younger players to play an old 2d game, then it becomes obvious why servers have low ammount of players. Sometimes you have to move on, deal with it. And stop typing bullshit about violence,
Violence solves everything
Violence to end the violence
:D :D :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 04:29:09 pm by Flre »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2016, 05:07:08 pm »
What a bullshit. Almost everything you wrote is just a nostalgia. You are trying to explain low online of fo servers from emotional view. The truth is that most of fallout community is quite aged, you will rarely see someone 18- playing games like fallout 1 \ 2. And with age you are getting lesser and lesser time for games. Those who got family are barely having any time to even meet with friends. And since there is no way you can force younger players to play an old 2d game, then it becomes obvious why servers have low ammount of players. Sometimes you have to move on, deal with it. And stop typing bullshit about violence,

That's the point. Nostalgia is what it's all about. Roleplay and history. Its... How did Jim Varney say it? "Your World As I See It."

Mistake

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2016, 07:43:01 pm »
It all started in 2008, on FOnline:2238, earlier known as "Factions Mod". From the very start, this fan-made MMO had a very diverse player-base. There were players from Poland, Russia, the Americas, and many other places. This diversity caused quite a bit of friction between players, and eventually caused them to split apart into country oriented factions. 

In 2009, there were factions made up almost entirely of Polish, French, Russian and American players. It was rare to see mixed ethnicities inside factions. By this time, there were already other FOnline servers released. The division of players was quite similar on these servers as well. 

At some point, the Russian players had enough of the racism and intolerance on these servers, so they made their own. The server "FOnline: Requiem" was released in late 2010. This was a fully translated Russian server. This caused a domino effect of other servers popping up from the ashes. There was FOnline: Desert Europe, FOnline: Australia, FOnline: Ashes of Phoenix, and many others.

As time went on, FOnline: 2238 died, and the players realized that they had killed it. With all the separation, the server had no one left to support it. At this point, everyone realized that 2238 was the starting point, and they missed it. 

With the realization of players, that separation is weakening the community, FOnline reloaded was released. Released in 2013, this server was well on its way to be the great melting pot. Factions of ALL races were born here. Not everyone got along, but at least it seemed there was not much more racism and racial separation. 

2014, a new year, a new session. With a fresh wipe of the server, everyone seemed to be excited and ready to play together. About a week into the session, the Legendary Polish faction "Bang Bang Smash" appeared from nowhere. They began claiming all the towns, and were soon the faction in Power. This caused quite a stir up, because the Administrator of FOnline: Reloaded was once a member of BBS. Kilgore, the admin, was accused of cheating for BBS and helping them become stronger than they should have been that early in gameplay. 

Not long after the accusations came the racism of Polish players. After everyone thought the separation and racial classifications had come to an end, it rose up like a Deathclaw on jet. Soon after that, another faction, "The Ultra Violence" rose up. And since they were made up of numerous Hispanic players, they were soon known as "The Mexicans". These poor souls were ridiculed and mocked for years, even though they were a decent faction.

As time went on, 2014...2015...2016, no one tried to make it better. The anger and hostility towards one another fueled the PvP and activity in-game. There was even a section on the forum created "Forum PvP". This kind of behavior became encouraged by even the developers of the game. A quote from one of the devs "It’s a post-nuclear wasteland, what do you expect people to act like?"

The racism and hostility towards one another is at an all-time high in 2016. The Community in all FOnline servers are equally toxic towards one another, and it seems to be accepted now. It's almost as if it has became part of the game itself. Like... You're SUPPOSED to act this way towards one another. It has became a natural feel to watch your back and prepare your best insults while playing FOnline. And as wrong as it may seem, hating each other is almost what makes the game fun. With the small community we have on Reloaded, everyone gets to know everyone. And we learn what makes each other tick.

This is why we find ourselves on this game. It's just our kind of neighborhood. When there are no rules, no filters, and plenty of ammo to blow people away with, what more could you ask for?

-Khan Overlord, Gimper

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2016, 03:08:46 am »
Whats this shit? A big picture in a discussion thread? Attention whore much?

killer1986chris

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2016, 03:53:00 am »
Whats this shit? A big picture in a discussion thread? Attention whore much?

Attention whores in FOnline?  You don't say!  :P