May 08, 2024, 12:43:30 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Caves and loot  (Read 1812 times)

Jojee

• View Profile
Caves and loot
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:05:22 am »
Got myself enough gear and experience to comfortably search caves for stuff. I've been trying to figure out how it all works but I've got a question; Does loot only come with enemies? Say I enter a cave and don't see any baddies a little ways in, should I keep going? Will loot still spawn if enemies do not or should I stop wasting my time and turn back if I don't encounter any enemies? Any and all advice is welcomed since I'm like four days old.

gauvaran

• Random noob
    • View Profile
Re: Caves and loot
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:09:50 am »
yes it only comes with enemies

Jojee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:16:26 am »
Another question for those in the know; What should I be looking out for when I run caves? I keep getting a weird assortment of guns but I don't know what's 'good' and what isn't. Is there a rule of thumb for picking loot to take back and vendor/use or is it all personal opinion?

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:04:02 pm »
In caves you might find rare stuff like enclave combat armor, alien blaster, skin clothes and some shit.

What do you mean "i dont know what is good"?

I recommend you craft weapons because you get bonuses, loot for caves you can sell to vendors, players or keep collecting.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 12:11:52 pm »
The most value gear from caves are MK II, Brotherhood, NCR Ranger and Enclave Combat Armor sets, maybe some Metal Armor Mk II or Tesla can be usefull while playing against players with EW weapons or while farming Enclave (if you have no time to craft it, cave armors have no bonuses, not like crafted).

From weapons very valuable are H&K G11 and H&K G11E, especially for used by those guns rare 4.7 caseless ammo. You can find also Alien Blaster, Solar Scorcherer or Pulse Pistol which are very rare and good EW pistols too.

Oh, and sometimes you can find some rare and very powerfull Hypo. Somekind of buffed SuperStimpack  8)
GUN FOR HIRE

Jojee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 12:14:46 pm »
The most value gear from caves are MK II, Brotherhood, NCR Ranger and Enclave Combat Armor sets, maybe some Metal Armor Mk II or Tesla can be usefull while playing against players with EW weapons or while farming Enclave (if you have no time to craft it, cave armors have no bonuses, not like crafted).

From weapons very valuable are H&K G11 and H&K G11E, especially for used by those guns rare 4.7 caseless ammo. You can find also Alien Blaster, Solar Scorcherer or Pulse Pistol which are very rare and good EW pistols too.

Oh, and sometimes you can find some rare and very powerfull Hypo. Somekind of buffed SuperStimpack  8)

Perfect answer, thanks bunches. I've been dismantling all the guns I've got and it causes me physical pain to think back about how I dismantled like five H&K G11's.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 12:39:31 pm »

Perfect answer, thanks bunches. I've been dismantling all the guns I've got and it causes me physical pain to think back about how I dismantled like five H&K G11's.

Those guns aren't really worth so much. You will get better cash from ammo (4.7 caseless) than those guns.
Don't sell it less than 100 caps per bullet.
Vindicator used by top PvP players eat oceans of this ammunition, so it's always in use :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Jojee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 04:03:42 pm »
Thanks for you help, Matt.