May 13, 2024, 09:18:51 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: playing original fallout 1 and 2 content?  (Read 3863 times)

paridoth

• View Profile
playing original fallout 1 and 2 content?
« on: January 20, 2015, 06:34:21 pm »
So lately I have been playing neverwinter nights with the wife in coop. Having a lot of fun going through one of my favorite games with her. I have been thinking it would be so fun to play fallout 1 and 2 coop with her as well.
Doing a little research on multiplayer fallout mods I ended up here. So while I love the mmo concept I really just want to play through the original fallout 1 and 2 content with her cooperatively. Is there any way to do this with fonline? Does anyone know of another mod or program I could use to do this? thanks for your time.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Re: playing original fallout 1 and 2 content?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 07:05:09 pm »
Nope sorry. But I bet you and your wife would love this game hehe. You should give it a try. That's pretty awesome that you and your wife play together though! Neverwinter nights was epic btw

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 08:02:18 pm »
Yeah sadly this game was made when the coop gameplay was a rare sight! multiplayer games just started developing at that time... anyway Play the game togheter making a character that suits both of your ideas are kinda viable in the game and make choices together in the conversation lines this is the best you and your wife can do as coop in F1 and F2!

By the way there is other coop games that are especialy good to play together: Deamon souls (sadly PS only) , Dark souls1-2, Krater( this is also a post apocalyptic game but with more morbid humor in it than Fallout has) Ofc this game is not turn based but still fun to play!

bwoodfield

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:52:54 pm »
Well, if he wanted to get the source , could he not just run his own personal server that he and his wife have complete control over?  Yes, it would be pretty empty and there would be no story line per say, but they would be able to run around together.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:30:24 pm »
If there was money in it I'd start a F1+2 Coop mmorpg :P Anybody want to fund it? Lol

Here's a fascinating link!

http://ianout.sourceforge.net/

Apparently there's a mod for F2 that turns it into a multiplayer game? F2 coop is an old wives tale, but I found this just for you OP!

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 02:44:18 pm »
I haven't heard of Fallout coop mods. So there are probably none.
Go play Baldur's Gate - it's the same world as in Neverwinter Nights (imo it's way better than NWN). Now it has enhanced edition, so the graphics are slightly improved for modern screen resolutions.

I have also heard of coop mod for Skyrim, but from what I've heard it's abandoned project in alpha stage.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »
This might be just a little off topic but it's interesting none the less.