May 15, 2024, 09:30:03 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Good ways to make caps?  (Read 4515 times)

requium94

• View Profile
Good ways to make caps?
« on: October 26, 2013, 12:35:05 pm »
Does anyone know some good ways to make caps? At the moment I just mine for minerals and craft them into gun power and then spend ages looking for a place with caps. Anyone have some better suggestions? Thanks!

Enzo

• View Profile
Re: Good ways to make caps?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 05:18:21 pm »
You can sell spears in Junktown to a lady in the workplace area. Not a fun way to grind spears...

Knives seem to sell nicely in the Hub.

SEC sells for 5 a piece in San Francisco.

Not sure about slaving and guard duty on caravans, as I haven't tried them myself.

These are probably not the fastest ways to earn caps, but a way is a way is a way is a way.

Strike

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »
Caravans, if you are atleast Lvl 9 and you like to kill things. Depends where you go with caravan higher caps reward.

Selling stuff at forums to players, is way to get caps too. Just be careful who to you sell ;)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 06:03:12 pm »
In VC, the two shops inside the city usually have caps. Sell 14mm ammo to the girl and metal/combat armors to the dude.

You can also trade junk and electronic parts(?) for caps in boneyard or dig gold in Redding, but it's not a very fast way to make a lot of caps.

Find a CA BP or Vertibird and sell it on the forum.
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 07:14:21 pm »
Caravan is not much efficent way to get caps.. one run is 2-10 mins + waiting till deport, you may die, not even 100% chance to finish, reward 800-2k caps

imo there are 2 major ways to get caps :

1. from npc traders - sell stuff for caps to npc
Im selling combat shotguns to same 10 traders with my alt while im playing with my main char (moving on wm or smthing), find few traders and craft/sell to them.. 200k+ caps from traders is no problem during one night if you got mats, It is little worse during day.

2. footlockers - alot caps from them + stuff (bps, rares) for sell to other players

or just be lucky and find vertibird  :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:27:27 pm by Kaaon »

requium94

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 11:19:36 pm »
These all seem like good suggestions, but I so rarely find a vendor with caps. So frustrating.

Strike

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 11:40:53 pm »
Selling slaves, some quests, Caravans atleast are 100% sure caps.
Yeah when vendors does have caps, someone fast get caps first.

zauberfraid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 01:31:12 pm »
best way is rotgut for start i think u collect fruits wehn and make rotgut out of it and wehn u have it craft mollowtovcoktails verry valubal on allot barters
Characters:
COCOODOD,
COCOODODBOTT,
COCOODOD3,
Brahmim
radio freq: 16288

zauberfraid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 01:34:20 pm »
and ushut have a alt for barting with high carry wigth and stealthrunnig and for shur the barter skill and u can sell ur stuff also easy in citttys were u normaly unsafe wile selling
Characters:
COCOODOD,
COCOODODBOTT,
COCOODOD3,
Brahmim

zauberfraid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 01:46:57 pm »
and wehn u money put it alway on bank wehn u have over a milion uget so much money for nothhing
Characters:
COCOODOD,
COCOODODBOTT,
COCOODOD3,
Brahmim

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 04:56:35 am »
and ushut have a alt for barting with high carry wigth and stealthrunnig and for shur the barter skill and u can sell ur stuff also easy in citttys were u normaly unsafe wile selling
best way is rotgut for start i think u collect fruits wehn and make rotgut out of it and wehn u have it craft mollowtovcoktails verry valubal on allot barters
and wehn u money put it alway on bank wehn u have over a milion uget so much money for nothhing

Is this a joke I hope? Sheesh man, there is a "modify" button for a reason ya'know? And your grammar is that of a 3rd grader. No offense, but please use some common sense.

Ryvaeus

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 05:07:04 am »

Is this a joke I hope? Sheesh man, there is a "modify" button for a reason ya'know? And your grammar is that of a 3rd grader. No offense, but please use some common sense.
First post and already firing all guns, eh? Haha.
I hate signatures with oversized images.

junkyard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 05:30:10 am »

English is most of these players second language.

By the way anybody know if you put caps in bank if you can actually get them out?
Launching a rocket into outer space so it can land a probe to examine Uranus.

Ryvaeus

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 05:35:48 am »
By the way anybody know if you put caps in bank if you can actually get them out?
I've been using the bank to keep my caps ever since I started playing. Haven't had an issue with withdrawing.
I hate signatures with oversized images.