May 13, 2024, 10:29:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Forced Encounters With Other Players.  (Read 5657 times)

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
Re: Forced Encounters With Other Players.
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2015, 06:52:06 pm »
We should check the source code Kilgore let us see... cause now I'm curious.

:)

Struan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 01:17:08 am »
I was playing for a few hours last night and had quite a few prompts but no forced encounters. One thing I found strange though, a few times I would get a prompt and continue to receive it for the same guy while I was 2 or more squares from the original one. I thought it was just a coincidence that we were both traveling in the same direction at first but after the fourth time it happened it made me wonder. Do we still receive prompts for characters that are traveling 2,3,or 4 squares from us?

Moep

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2015, 01:46:05 am »
I was playing for a few hours last night and had quite a few prompts but no forced encounters. One thing I found strange though, a few times I would get a prompt and continue to receive it for the same guy while I was 2 or more squares from the original one. I thought it was just a coincidence that we were both traveling in the same direction at first but after the fourth time it happened it made me wonder. Do we still receive prompts for characters that are traveling 2,3,or 4 squares from us?

same for me, I even tried to go in directions, I thought no normal player would go - still prompts for the same character

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 02:16:45 am »
It's done that forever. I thought it was supposed to do that, and yes it's annoying as hell.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Struan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2015, 03:58:44 am »
Until recently I had not played for about a year or so and I don't remember that ever happening before. I actually kind of like the feeling of paranoia it instills in me while looking for chests in city enc's. After so many years of Fonline I've come to know what to expect but this keeps me on my toes a bit.

Styles

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 02:58:32 pm »
Until recently I had not played for about a year or so and I don't remember that ever happening before. I actually kind of like the feeling of paranoia it instills in me while looking for chests in city enc's. After so many years of Fonline I've come to know what to expect but this keeps me on my toes a bit.

It gets old real fast. My luck being the way it is, I finish fighting a bunch of Deathclaws, health damn near nothing and someone just pops into the encounter and kills me. It also sucks when you are walking back to your base with all your loot and you get forced into it with another player and you are dead in a blink of an eye.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:03:53 pm by Styles »

Kaaon

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 07:30:17 am »
I didnt had even single forced encounter with players since it was removed (somewhere in middle of first season when there was too many tb traps). Only when i click on myself, it is still possible to be forced to player enco that way but normally by traveling i really dout it.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2015, 06:24:42 pm »
I have encountered 2 players since beginning of session.. what the hell is wrong with it ? Make force encounters possible for all levels and perhaps add allow us to find encounters with players not only at zone we stand on but also ones that are next to them. 2238 Developers have made enormous amount of zones.

Kaaon

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2015, 06:27:11 pm »
allow us to find encounters with players not only at zone we stand on but also ones that are next to them.
it is already like that

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2015, 08:35:14 pm »
And still, annoying as hell.
I mean, five TIMES now, I said, "No, I would NOT like to encounter Raiders and Rats and (wastelander). How many times I gotta say that?!"
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...