May 13, 2024, 06:52:56 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Want to keep active players? Question for staff.  (Read 7379 times)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Re: Want to keep active players? Question for staff.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2013, 06:59:50 pm »
there is one, simple solution. Anti-alt system. Only few would dare to explode with karma penalty(for example, no trading with -XXX karma, shot on sight etc.), yet it would still be availability to blow up for players.

You know that bombing is PvP action, and multilog/fast relog is not allowed?
So bombers don't need alts, you know...

Anyway:

Strike

« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 07:09:46 pm »
Sounds like a bug, so why didn't you report it?

I'll check it later. If this is being exploited instead of being reported, offenders will be warned (and banned if they repeat that).
I already reported this on bugs, but still keep eye on NCR.

Deputy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 08:32:26 pm »
Hahaha, says a person who my only encounter outside of town with was when he accidentally got owned by mine's guards. TRUE SKILLS THERE MATE.

says a person who's only encountered me in a mine. once. just get it already that you're useless in the player numbers if all you do is craft and mine all day long without any player-to-player interaction whatsoever. and what you're doing on this thread is crying a safe place isn't TOO safe. well fuck me for playing a post-apocalyptic game then.

The issue here are the newcomers losing all of their gear thanks to mechanic they weren't even aware of. Our common goal should be to encourage more people to play as empty server lacks any fun whatsoever for both my kind of players and player killers like you - I don't see how you could argue there.

the issue here is that there is barely anything to do in this game besides pvp and leveling your low level character to max isn't even time consuming considering you can get to level 2 in an instant, get a tent where you can safely stash shit and craft all the crappy weapons you need with almost zero risk. but people like to whine as always.

most often, i start playing this game while there are 180 players (+/- 15) and i hardly find players ANYWHERE i look on the map. sometimes even after looking for an hour. and you know why? because of pussies like you that don't matter at all to the player counter playing it safe along with dual log characters and autoclickers hoarding their rocks for their afterlife.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:47:55 pm by Deputy »

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 10:03:24 pm »
I vote +1
for a safer town, somewhere where we can AFK without having to worry about getting looted.

IMO the more AFK there are, the more populated the server looks, and it'll give a better impression to new players..as compared to a town where it's hardly ever anyone's there because people are just killin each other all the time.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 10:13:58 pm »
I vote +1
for a safer town, somewhere where we can AFK without having to worry about getting looted.

IMO the more AFK there are, the more populated the server looks, and it'll give a better impression to new players..as compared to a town where it's hardly ever anyone's there because people are just killin each other all the time.
Barter Ground?

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

sogabe

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 10:26:05 pm »
and whos gonna travel to barter ground just to AFK?
I don't think you got the point.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 12:02:05 am »
and whos gonna travel to barter ground just to AFK?
I don't think you got the point.
Then you should next time write it more properly...)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:27:14 am by kill n die »

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 12:12:31 am »
1. Don't enter ANY city with stuff you are afraid to lose.
2. Don't trust anyone.
3. Always check who's following you
4. Shoot first, or be dead.
... etc

And if You have troubles with getting stuff, try to use slaves in mine, autoclickers. It will save Your real life time and You will be able to get a plenty of resourses quite fast. Making NCR or other towns "safer" isn't solution, if You would spent more time in the game, You would understand why.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 12:14:06 am by Kerghan »

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 11:28:32 pm »
Bomb layers, be it by pickpocket or self explosion, in nub heavy safe-ish towns like Shady Sands is = idiocy when it comes to server growth and atmosphere. I learned my lesson on the pickpockets nibblin on my loot - I don't mind that - but wastelanders running around in a guarded town unnoticedly blowing up themselves and everyone else time after time just for the fuck of it (and then coming back a few minutes later to repeat ad libitum), is ruining my immersion. Also, it fucks up new players' drive to play. So less players. Yes, serial bombing should be a bannable action in Shady Sands.

Personally, I have not experienced this as much of a problem, but it serves no purpose atmosphere-wise. Give a warning and then Ban the bomb toons and give the nubs some peace.

It is different when a gang attacks Shady Sands, that could happen were this real. Last time like what 10 guys jumped the place, it was awesome of em to spread some action! That's just bad luck baby if ur carryin heavy loot, it's fair enough action.

well that's my 10 cents
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:04:59 am by caper »

Weir

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 02:01:34 am »
well, this is a question, for you, staff...

Just a simple question like that could raise other various questions in your heads...

First of all, I'm not whining, crying or whatever you, forum trolls, will start attacking on my person right after I post this.

I'm playing here for like a fifth day. Missed old days on 2238 so gave a chance to this server.

I'm not that kind of person, who keeps playing 24/7 to be the best one, atleast in his own eye, as most of current wannabe heroes.
I'm that kind of person who sits to this game four times, three times, two times or even one time per week. That's bringing me a lot of troubles, such as:

Exp is not that easy, craft is not that easy, nothing is really that easy, but it's not making me any problems because I know that it's caused by the simple fact - I'm not sitting online 24 hours per day. So I'm not complaining about anything like that and didn't even think about to do so.

Back to the most important then -

I don't see any reason, why you would give a shit if I'm playing here or not. What keeps server alive - active people and I'm one of them - but if I'm as active as stated above, you can imagine what means to me, when I get some ''better'' stuff. Well - then I decide to go to the NCR city to have a good time, to chat with anyone, anything and right after I enter - I see someone rushing close to me in CA - and then - YEAH - I EXPLODED.

What a fun - a guy with max. level, 300hp (I won't name anyone), just made a best joke of his life, he demolished a newbie player right in the city!

If this happens only occasionally, I wouldn't pay attention to this. But - this is happening almost all the time.

CAN YOU - admins, moderators, game supporters - do anything, any protection, to at least keep cities calm? It's not really funny to be afraid to enter the city with some better stuff. And it's not even fun to NOT to enter the city with stuff you'd like to.

Is there anything that can be done? Any ideas? Or should I just shut up and get used to it - because it's post-war wastelands?

I like PvP's and things around that, but in my opinion - acting like this, bombing newbies, is not really the best approach how to keep people IN game.

Thanks,
With Regards,
SneezeCheese aka BADluck

There is a fast way for the caps and stuff while avoiding pitts like NCR filled by scum (from famous polish faction).

You just have to ask experienced players...

I give you a tip for free:
1) avoid NCR
2) avoid BBS

Benjy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 11:19:58 am »
You obviously suck brah. I started playing like 2 weeks ago and I've only been exploded like twice. Since then I've learnt not to run through the centre of groups of people in places where people keep getting blown up.  Adapt, don't expect the game to adapt to you. Threatening the game developer with your departure won't help either xD

It would be nice if the guards reacted to people blowing you up in areas that supposedly are safe. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 11:31:27 am by Benjy »

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2013, 11:55:24 am »
You obviously suck brah. I started playing like 2 weeks ago and I've only been exploded like twice. Since then I've learnt not to run through the centre of groups of people in places where people keep getting blown up.  Adapt, don't expect the game to adapt to you. Threatening the game developer with your departure won't help either xD

It would be nice if the guards reacted to people blowing you up in areas that supposedly are safe.

Well, what you wrote is getting itself into a conflict.

You're telling me that I suck and in the last sentence you're mentioning that it would be nice if guards react properly.

I assume that NRC is supposed to be one of the main cities, so I would expect some higher protection than is e.g. in Klamath.

Other thing is, well, I already received an answer from someone from staff (Kilgor), so I'm satisfied enough. There's no reason for you really to tell me how, when and to what should I adapt. (You're not even in possition to take liberty)

Regards,
Touched

The Almighty Gaylords

POWERPUFF

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2013, 12:06:27 pm »
There is some sick twisted kind of people that enjoys the game by their way (bombing) and you want to take out their fun?...
Thats like i would do the same to you just in different kind of way that you enjoy...think about it.

I don't really know if this supposed to be an irony or not.

If it's an irony, then good, I got your point, but if it's not, then the only twisted mind is yours.

How can you call something like this ''A FUN''? This is almost falling into a different classification - cheating. Who would ever detonate himself with a reason to enrich himself? To automatically loot like a crazy after an explosion, with 10hp left? You can't be serious :)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 02:56:13 pm by Touched »
The Almighty Gaylords