May 11, 2024, 03:52:48 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Global game suggestions for a better tomorow  (Read 15354 times)

Strike

Re: Global game suggestions for a better tomorow
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2014, 09:08:30 pm »
cubik fixed it already, it's just waiting for update
Was about to, good to hear.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2014, 09:42:10 pm »
you meanies just want more encounters with players in it so you can farm us poor little carebears more easely and take our stuffs ;(

Kaaon

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2014, 09:53:57 pm »
you meanies just want more encounters with players in it so you can farm us poor little carebears more easely and take our stuffs ;(
not that high to be able to farm other players but now its almost impossible to encouter anyone

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2014, 06:54:32 am »
Make something for shitty hth build who knock you each time they hit, it's just lame and totaly no fun fighting against those trolls build.

cubik fixed it already, it's just waiting for update

Simply I want to know, what you want to change ?
Or it is just try to kill a class of close combat ?

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2014, 10:19:09 am »
not that high to be able to farm other players but now its almost impossible to encouter anyone
I have to disagree with you on that. It takes no skill what so ever to find players in this game, all you have to do is be at the same location spot as the other player. I have tested this manny times while traveling with my mate. When ever we would get sepperated from each other, one would zone straight back in while the other made circles over the zone. It takes less then 15 seconds to find the other player. And if you do not believe me try it your self with a friend.

Outdoorsman does not seem to effect the abillity to find a player, all it does is either offer you a messeage about joining the encounter or simply place you in it.

My friend has a bad habbit of simply logging out in the wastelands and I have killed hem twice already trying to teach him that it is not safe. I know the places where he tends to alt F4 and loggs off and so far I managed to not only find him, I also killed him before his three minutes were up.

If you can not find any players then I am afraid you are looking in the wrong places. I Find that in serten broken citie parts there is always one or two players trying to scavage junk/lockers or kill NPCs.

If you think I am talking bullshit, then please allow me to show you tonight what I mean. I can guerentee you that with in a half a hour we will have found at least two or three people as encounters.

The server only has a hundred players online usually and if you take into account the size of the map and the amount of those people actually currently traveling the waste and not idling in some base/city/dungeon then you would see that it actually works, accept that the server is so under populated unfortionly.

But to punish the average carebear because of that seems wrong IMO, especially when, if looking at a spot that _actually_ holds a player it is dead easy to encounter it.

But like I said, if you believe that I am spouting bullshit, please allow me to show you tonight. I will give you players to kill in the waste, the game does not need to be changed for it.

(Also, it is a wasteland, how easy do you think you will come across other people in world with no clear roads and nothing but deserts and mountains, yes real life anolagies are bad, I know hmm kay xD)

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2014, 10:28:53 am »
..After some update (probably wipe) all sorts of companions, mercenaries and other followers will not attack players - even if attacked directly. At the same time, some nerfs from the past will go away, so it will be easier to use followers for PvE purposes.

And if somebody wants PvP, then he should do that without help of NPCs. It should solve all problems with PvE in PvP, while not making it harsh (again) for PvE players."
[quote: kilgore from "companion blllance !" thead]

I rather like Corax solution for "companion problem":

They should just flee when you enter NRA/WH or TC town, if it is possible that  should solve your swarm problem and any other changes are not needed

Followers are cool feature but they should be prohibited in all PvP zones like TC and "magick boxes"

Random encounters are PvE with PvP risk situation... If someone ivested in charisma should have profit from it: Like companion saving his ass, not just looking like some players are killing their "friend".
Also if followes can't attack players they can't protect bases... (I dont know how turrets will work after wipe...)

Companions should be conisder as a another type of "weapon" for charismatic characters. Make charismatic characters more rewarding: drugs, alcohol, items buffs shouldnt increase party points. So only who have high charisma and speach can have maximum: 2 companions. You can have companion but you are weaker in PvP beacuse you could take another more usefull in combat specials.

Maybe charisma should also affect decreasing of loyalty rate of merc, companions and loyality of companios decrease only when player is online. I dont want to travel through wasteland with alcoholic! xD

Companions respawn is a good idea! +1

Also iam against "Companions Slave Market" companions should be our character friends for good and bad. There shouldent be an option to order them to follow someone else. It will also remove loyality cheat (give alt, retake)

Slaves:

Divide into two categories: work slave (you can cath your own, giving them gun with ammo will cause they attack you), fighting slave (it require some "loyality training", so you should buy ready fighting slave at Den or give slaver guild your slave for short training, or something like that. They will be "cheap" merks with diffrent loyality)

Slave loyality should depend only on drugs, food and threats (talk with slave use "threat option", this will randomly encrease or decrease loyality)
Slave loyality decrease even when player is offline (but not too fast). They will work for us in private mines all the time. If they have weight limit players should visit them sometimes to unload rocks from them. On the occasion of the visit can threaten them or feed. If private mine stay with 7 days time (like now), loyality should be increased only 1-2 times. (Its probably imposible but also conisder to make that "happy slave" work harder)

i dont know how you resolve slave case (in the easy way or hard way), but slave also might stash rocks in the place where player leave them in private mine. It will force players to run with rock to bring them to the car or upload bramin and take rocks to the car.

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2014, 10:51:09 am »
I like your companion proposals Celard.

Kaaon

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2014, 04:54:03 pm »
I have to disagree with you on that. It takes no skill what so ever to find players in this game, all you have to do is be at the same location spot as the other player. I have tested this manny times while traveling with my mate. When ever we would get sepperated from each other, one would zone straight back in while the other made circles over the zone. It takes less then 15 seconds to find the other player. And if you do not believe me try it your self with a friend.

If you think I am talking bullshit, then please allow me to show you tonight what I mean. I can guerentee you that with in a half a hour we will have found at least two or three people as encounters.
okay i tested it on duallog and made video to prove that i CANT FIND ANYONE (i didnt found even single player in last 2-3 months), maybe its only my bug or something, i have no idea..
Kaonqq created encounter and sent distress signal to Seki so he seen where is exactly Kaonqq, i was moving on wm through this red circle over 10 minutes and i still didnt found his encounter.. you can create milion of encounters and result will be same..
i really dont believe that u can encouter someone whos in same zone in ~15 seconds

imo there are only 2 options why i cant find anyone
1. chance to encounter other players is 0 (for everyone) and should be increased
2. my character is bugged (mabye because of too high level or something)

here is video to prove :

dskpnk

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 05:30:42 pm »
i don't know if there is lvl restriction to met other players based on lvl but i am actually lvl 78 and i never met other players during WM travels.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2014, 05:34:39 pm »
Maybe that's because most players that stay longer in encounters (lockers/farming and such) do it mostly in TB (at least I think so) while all others that have "real time only" set in config usually travel only from point A to B and don't stay in encounters.

I myself have "rt only" and I don't remember encountering other player for a long, long time :D
:facepalm

Kaaon

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2014, 05:36:34 pm »
Maybe that's because most players that stay longer in encounters (lockers/farming and such) do it mostly in TB (at least I think so) while all others that have "real time only" set in config usually travel only from point A to B and don't stay in encounters.

I myself have "rt only" and I don't remember encountering other player for a long, long time :D
thats not reason why i didnt encountered my duallog, both had both modes and encounter was in RT
chance to encounter other players is too low, if not zero or there is some bug, in all cases it must be changed/fixed till wipe
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 05:53:15 pm by Seki »

Corax

• Supporter
  • Ultimate Crafter
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2014, 05:49:34 pm »
thats not reason why i didnt encountered my duallog, both had "both modes" and encounter was in RT
chance to encounter other players is too low, if not zero or there is some bug, in all cases it must be changed/fixed till wipe

It is not zero or was not zero.
I repeat your experiment with the same result. I've made two encouters, and with third alt i tried to find one of them. at least 20 minutes without any result.

But i remember when I was farming pastchurs spikes I had a problem to not encounter other players when they find my spot.

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2014, 06:08:19 pm »
Maybe it has something to do with lvl difference of characters? (side effect of low lvl players protection we had at the beginning of session)
:facepalm

Kaaon

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2014, 06:12:11 pm »
Maybe it has something to do with lvl difference of characters? (side effect of low lvl players protection we had at the beginning of session)
uhm we are already a bit offtopic but..
ill try same with Seki in encounter and duallog trying to find him and then with 2 low level characters..

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »
Seki, maybe it's because the other char is offline?
I was almost always able to find other player's encounter knowing at what area it is. I killed two guys few days ago, they were having a TB fight near SF. After killing them (about 30 seconds after leaving the enc) i came across enc with one of these players, but when came in unfortunately it was empty (he managed to leave before me spawning or hid on sneak somewhere). That's only one example, I'm having some TB fights from time to time (more rare than ever, but still).

So I don't really understand your problems.