May 14, 2024, 08:42:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Find-able locations as faction bases - added pvp  (Read 1639 times)

Maxim Moskvin

Find-able locations as faction bases - added pvp
« on: June 10, 2014, 06:13:29 pm »
Ok if this is in the wrong place I apologize. I've mentioned this in the wipe suggestion thread and was told to put it here instead.

I've seen a lot of people saying about how there needs to be more PVP, and I mentioned this in reply to someone saying all tents and bases should be view-able on the world map and everyone said that was crap but ANYWAY:

My suggestion is this.
pre-made faction bases that you can either take yourself, or take over with your faction or a group of players. As an example, you could be walking around the wasteland and you stumble upon an old pre war base, or a warehouse or something, full of mutants/mercenaries/rats (dependent on level of the base and what rewards it offers)
If you clear out the base, repair the faction terminal in said location and select the base to be your own base, you have it for life. Each base could give out different rewards such as an advanced workbench, though that'd have to be rare, or an ammunition press that uses less materials to make much more ammo.
Owning a base with an AWB or anything else sounds unfair but here's the thing, these bases, once owned by a player or faction, can be seen on the world map. If you want to keep them you have to fight hard for them.
To prevent base rape when the owners of the base are offline, you could have it so that to take over the faction base, you need 3 key cards that are held by certain members of the faction.

I know it'd probably be a lot to implement in this game, but this IS a suggestions board, and I'm just curious as to what others think.

Oh, and I am giving the map maker a go so I may be able to mock up some faction bases to take over as an example.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
Re: Find-able locations as faction bases - added pvp
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:34 pm »
What would be the purpose of such base, if you can have AWB in any city?
I mean, such base would be even more dangerous than workbenches in cities... Where's the point of that?

To prevent base rape when the owners of the base are offline, you could have it so that to take over the faction base, you need 3 key cards that are held by certain members of the faction.
So... those members will keep those keykards in their tents.
Or those members will be just lvl1 alts who don't log in into the game...

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 07:00:06 pm »
What would be the purpose of such base, if you can have AWB in any city?
I mean, such base would be even more dangerous than workbenches in cities... Where's the point of that?

So... those members will keep those keykards in their tents.
Or those members will be just lvl1 alts who don't log in into the game...
Balls.
To be honest they keycard idea was off the top of my head. It could be all the keycards have to be used on the terminal every few days otherwise you lose the base but most people would think that'd be too much hassle I'd expect, and end up not bothering.
I'm just trying to think of ways to make it viable.
No one wants to stay logged on for days on end to prevent losing a base, but also, people don't want to put work and effort into it, only to lose it when they go to bed/work/out with friends etc.

blasma

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 07:01:36 am »
no
"i join amboy because have big ppl, ultra violence have small ppl" -Shever 2014

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 10:31:47 am »
Fuck it. Just trying to suggest something that'd give people a little more pvp because, in the reload the reloaded thread, that seems to be what people want. But nevermind. I'll admit I didn't think this through enough before suggesting it and should have waited a little longer.

Nevermind. Lets all go and suggest they nerf everything we hate and how they need to add more guns instead.

Kaaon

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:29:09 pm »
i dont like this suggestion
also..
Just trying to suggest something that'd give people a little more pvp because,
everyone who want pvp is playing pvp even without it

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »
I think it can be done if u will have 2 times at day chance to take that base and next time after 12h.
Findable base that all see on the map for 1h can give some fun but ppl will not drop items in base lockers coz of that.
Good think is to give 6uberbase in map that can be upgraded&moddifed.
Ppl can place there mecenaries or some turrets to deffend when we cant defend itself.
When new fraction take upgradedbase they can use all those ups.

Maxim Moskvin

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 10:38:42 am »
I know. I didn't think it through so I'll have a proper think about and re-do it sometime.
I also know that people out there are doing pvp regardless of extra places to do it, I'm just trying to think of something that can add a little variety, and maybe give you some benefits to do pvp as opposed to just TC.

Maybe set events, where an NPC in a certain town will mention to you that he's spotted a warehouse or an old base or something in the wasteland and will sell you a map to the location. You can go there with your faction, but it can only be found if you have the map and once you clear it you can no longer find it. In the area would be loot depending on the difficulty.
It can be found by anyone with the same map, so if another faction buys a map, you can meet them there and kill them or team up or whatever.

I realise my suggestions in here aren't mega serious and I am not thinking "THESE MUST BE ADDED NOW!!!" I'm just thinking of things that could add a little extra as opposed to just a few dungeons and TC.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 03:11:26 pm »
Hmm no idea why it was closed by Maxim Moskvin, but here we go: your idea is glitched somehow, yet we'll have some new pvp mode after wipe for base control.