May 14, 2024, 07:16:37 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

Do you think the original stories (single player) of Fallout 1 & 2 should be included with CO-OP?

Yes
9 (56.3%)
No
7 (43.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: September 03, 2014, 12:03:24 am

Topic: Single Player/CO-OP  (Read 9461 times)

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
Single Player/CO-OP
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:03:24 am »
I think that the devs of Fallout Online Reloaded should insert the original beloved single player of Fallout 1 & 2 except having a co-op mode so that you can complete the stories with friends. Although the game seems perfected as it is, it lacks the charm that the original games had. Maybe with a Co Operative team coming out of the vault to help one another find the water purifier chip or find the G.E.C.K just maybe that will bring back that charm it's so obviously missing.

P.S
This is just my opinion, this isn't a supposed to offend or insult the game. I'm am just saying that because I know how many might misinterpret the message. Also those who agree should share my message all around the forum or at least vote for it so that the developers may see and take my idea into consideration. Another thing is that I don't mean the developers should wipe out what they have and start from scratch with this, what I mean is that in the game there should be 2 modes: The MMORPG mode (The one we currently play) and the CO-OP RPG mode (The one I want to be added along side the MMORPG mode). The "Borderlands" series seems to make it work so why not FOnline Reloaded?

Thank you for taking the time to read my message
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:32:12 am by Ogilad »

Strike

Re: Single Player/CO-OP
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 12:04:43 am »
No, because you miss important point of FOnline.

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 12:06:46 am »
I do see the point, I am implying that it should be a side content next to the current game, not take over the game all together.

Kaaon

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 12:07:48 am »
there is a difference between MMO rpg games and single player rpg games, no

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 12:11:14 am »
There sure is, except I mean there are 2 modes: The MMORPG mode (The one we currently play) and the CO-OP RPG mode (The one I want to be added along side the MMORPG mode). The "Borderlands" series seems to make it work so why not FOnline Reloaded?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 12:13:14 am by Ogilad »

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 04:51:34 am »
Nice idea you have there, though it seems you have no real plan to how this would work.

Although the game seems perfected as it is, it lacks the charm that the original games had.
I doubt co-op will have that same charm, either.

I think that the devs of Fallout Online Reloaded should insert the original beloved single player of Fallout 1 & 2 except having a co-op mode so that you can complete the stories with friends.
Looks like another new guy who has this big plan for the server but won't contribute much themselves.
Now im not saying that 'Fallout co-op' is a bad suggestion exactly, infact if it stuck close to the originals it could be... sorta interesting.
I just don't think many people would be interested in the end. It wouldn't be the same.

Besides, the devs on Reloaded/other FOnline servers ect. are too busy working on their respective servers to devote time to a large project which not many are interested in.

IF you want to try it yourself, feel free to download the SDK. I  would suggest you get used to FOnline first.
Wasteland is harsh.

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 05:07:54 am »
I never said it wouldn't take some work, and the opinion may very on it's charm, I was just sharing my ideological vision of Fallout online. I would complete this concept of a co-op single player myself but I do not understand how to use fonline SDK. This is why I did this post to begin with, so that the experts might do this. If you do not share my vision then that is fine. I don't consider myself another "new guy", in fact I'm quite the veteran in the fallout games, Maybe not reloaded but definitely in the other ones (I finished them all actually). I don't think you quite understood what I was trying to say. I didn't want anything done to the Fonline Reloaded you know and love. I was trying to say it would be nice if a sub-part of the game could be invested into my idea. Sure I would contribute to this, but there is not much that I can do. The servers and developers are in Russia which is over 100,000 miles away from where I'm from so it's not like I can just go over there and assist them. Also like I said earlier I do not know much about the engine that this game runs on, all I know is that a CO-OP single player isn't some sort of complex idea, in fact, it pretty much runs on the same principle as the Fonline Reloaded that currently exists. I'm not trying to be this big hot-shot noob you make me out to be but it's sort of impossible when you are announcing my ideas unfinished and impossible.

Thank you for your reply
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:37:52 am by Ogilad »

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2014, 05:29:44 am »
Also when you say "not many are interested", I think it's a little to early to tell, and you shouldn't really speak for everyone. And when you call it a "large project" like I said it pretty much runs on the same principles as the game we already have.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 05:37:38 am by Ogilad »

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 05:57:37 am »
There is a difference between MMO rpg games and single player rpg games.
By the way, I forgot to mention to you, Seki. It's not going to be single player, the whole point is that it's co-op (playing with friends). I said
I think that the devs of Fallout Online Reloaded should insert the original beloved single player of Fallout 1 & 2 except having a co-op mode so that you can complete the stories with friends. A Co Operative team coming out of the vault to help one another find the water purifier chip or find the G.E.C.K
There is also a difference between a single player experience and a CO-OP experience, so take that into consideration before voting. For better or worse it does not hurt to experiment. Like I said " If borderlands can make it work, why not fallout?".
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 06:03:22 am by Ogilad »

Boon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 06:30:00 am »
I don't consider myself another "new guy", in fact I'm quite the veteran in the fallout games, Maybe not reloaded but definitely in the other ones (I finished them all actually).

By 'new guy' i meant new to FOnline.

I didn't want anything done to the Fonline Reloaded you know and love. I was trying to say it would be nice if a sub-part of the game could be infested into my idea.
I was actually thinking of a server dedicated to this, but i don't know how close to the originial Fallouts you mean.
I can only assume.

all I know is that a CO-OP single player isn't some sort of complex idea
you are announcing my ideas unfinished and impossible.
I didn't say it was impossible, it can be done.

Also when you say "not many are interested", I think it's a little to early to tell, and you shouldn't really speak for everyone.
I didn't say that about your idea in general, but refer to the devs who are working on servers of their own.

And when you call it a "large project" like I said it pretty much runs on the same principles as the game we already have.
Again, only an assumption. A little more info would be nice.
Wasteland is harsh.

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 06:55:29 am »
When I say same principles I mean that it works "online" just with a party of 1-4 players which I don't believe would be to hard to restrict to. Now with a restriction of 1-4 players with the input of the two original stories of Fallout 1 & 2 and bam, you've got yourself a cooperative experience with your friends. (like in borderlands) I keep using borderlands as an example because borderland to is a post apocalyptic CO-OP RPG expect the little difference that it is a real-time fps and The original Fallout games are Turned-Based stratagy but with good effort like the one put into Fonline Reloaded I'm sure the developers (and of course the community) can work around this.

Once again, I appreciate you taking the time to reply, Boon.

I didn't respond well with you at first, but you seem like a decent person. Maybe this idea of mine shouldn't exactly be a part of Fonline Reloaded, but a mod/game of it's own.

:) 

I was actually thinking of a server dedicated to this, but i don't know how close to the originial Fallouts you mean.
I can only assume.

To help the confusion of how close I want it to the original Fallouts I can do so with an old quote of mine.
With a Co Operative team coming out of the vault to help one another find the water purifier chip or find the G.E.C.K

MESSAGE FOR THE DEVELOPERS OF FONLINE RELOADED
----->: If the developers are paying attention to this thread I hope they can bare witness to the potential this idea can grow to. Also the positive (And negative) effect it could have on long time Fallout fans that have been following this series from the beginning, being able to experience that nostalgia with your friends right by you. I know that the fonline SDK engine has what it takes to make this vision of mine come alive. Of course I can't do it myself (I TOTALLY WOULD IF I COULD) but you developers can, hell you've done it before. I know this engine might need some manipulation in order for it to work but it can be done. The SDK doesn't control you, you control the SDK. Make the SDK bend at your will. Something amazing will come out of it I guarantee.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:18:51 am by Ogilad »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 07:22:33 am »
When I say same principles I mean that it works "online" just with a party of 1-4 players which I don't believe would be to hard to restrict to. Now with a restriction of 1-4 players with the input of the two original stories of Fallout 1 & 2 and bam, you've got yourself a cooperative experience with your friends. (like in borderlands) I keep using borderlands as an example because borderland to is a post apocalyptic CO-OP RPG expect the little difference that it is a real-time fps and The original Fallout games are Turned-Based stratagy but with good effort like the one put into Fonline Reloaded I'm sure the developers (and of course the community) can work around this.

Dude, I have a whooooole bunch of work that needs done around my house.  I don't really want to do it myself, but I have a good idea of what needs done.

You should come over and do it.

Maybe I'll start a poll...
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 07:26:10 am by Wind_Drift »

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 07:23:17 am »
Our top developers in Russia are working around the clock to fullfill your suggestion!

Sarcasm aside, you could have already cloned the 2238 or the newest TLA SDK and start working on it. I know that CO-OP Fallout is the apex of the Nessie existence, this idea isn't new, but because of the amount of work that needs to be done people just don't bother too much with it. Go to http://fodev.net ask your questions, learn and maybe join other people who share the same idea.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Ogilad

• War, War never changes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2014, 07:56:10 am »
Thank you drot and Wind_Drift for your replies.

For starters drot, your sarcastic comments are not needed or entertaining in that case but opinion may very (although I don't think your sarcasm will help you anywhere in your sad life we're all you can do is come up with unoriginal criticism, yes unoriginal like my ideas) . Yes it's true, the developers of Fonline Reloaded are knee deep in Russia.

I could not overstate this anymore then I have already (just in case you haven't read the previous comments) you two are both so incredibly correct, but you are saying things that have already been said. I am not a developer so no, I cannot just pick up the SDK and get started cause I will not know how to use it. I know coding and programming is a big part of it but unfortunately for me, I have no knowledge of it. I keep repeating I would work on this idea if I could but reality being is that I can't. So yeah, because that being the case I came across this website and found myself a group of developers with the resources/tools and knowledge of how to make fallout games. I thought hey, maybe I could share an idea I had (as unoriginal as it is, drot) to these guys who obviously have the "know hows" that I don't. These guys already have the pizza base , the just need to add the sauce, the cheese, and the toppings. I know it's not simple.

Look, in simple terms for the both of you assholes, I am not a developer or coder/programer. Just a guy with a pocket full of ideas.

and please preview the previous replies because it pretty much says everything I have to say, and it's pisses me off that I have to say it again for you morons.

Wind_Draft please do give me your address so I can get started on your house  ;)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 08:03:27 am by Ogilad »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2014, 08:09:10 am »
I know its possible to have Fonline single player because someone made Fonline Australia single player....it sucked though.

Also I can see this as kilgores (dev) and cubik?(dev) reply "ain't nobody got time for that "