May 06, 2024, 10:51:36 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Why would anybody play this game?  (Read 6994 times)

HarleeKnight

• View Profile
Why would anybody play this game?
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:23:46 am »
I thought, "Cool!  Fallout online.  I'll try it out."  I created my character.  I did a mission.  Got my money.  Then got robbed for everything I had.  Then I looked at at he forums and read, "Oh yeah, that happens.  Oh well, start again."  WTF!?  I realize it's the wasteland, but that is just fucked up.  All the people, who have been playing this for a while, do is sit around and wait for noobs to come along so that they can rape them.  How is that fun?  This has got to be the stupidest fucking MMO I have ever come across.  Their is no social interaction.  No, "Hey welcome to the game.", just a whole lot of, "Fuck you!  Go home asshole!"  I thought RDR Online was fucked up; this game definitely tops that game.

OldBoy

• View Profile
Re: Why would anybody play this game?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 08:12:22 am »
There's two kind of people: who jump to deep water( dont read forum, dont read wiki and think that's another MMORPG like thousends before they play) and who prepare to game(read forum for maximum information, read wiki, create a forum topics ask for some advice or links to topics that help understand the game mechanics). Often first type get hit in the head and now is choice to transform in second type or walk away.  :)

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:27 am »
I thought, "Cool!  Fallout online.  I'll try it out."  I created my character.  I did a mission.  Got my money.  Then got robbed for everything I had.  Then I looked at at he forums and read, "Oh yeah, that happens.  Oh well, start again."  WTF!?  I realize it's the wasteland, but that is just fucked up.  All the people, who have been playing this for a while, do is sit around and wait for noobs to come along so that they can rape them.  How is that fun?  This has got to be the stupidest fucking MMO I have ever come across.  Their is no social interaction.  No, "Hey welcome to the game.", just a whole lot of, "Fuck you!  Go home asshole!"  I thought RDR Online was fucked up; this game definitely tops that game.
go play in the pink pony online

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 10:08:04 am »
Dude it's wasteland life, don't you know how life in the wasteland is harsh? New generation players are chickens, casuals and can't think, read, find tutorials or information. There is wiki, youtube tutorials, IRC players which are willing to help (or troll). Just search, think and don't give up or you're a chicken.
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01:58 pm »
Everyone was a noob at some point, getting pwned, robbed and dying a lot.

Also:
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6938.msg53052#msg53052

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 06:10:06 pm »
We're sado-masochists.
Some of us are just honest about it.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

carnack

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 06:48:25 pm »
I also like fonline because of the difficulty. But lets be honest its by far not ballanced at all, the bad fun / bullshit ratio is present on all fonline servers. It is also the biggest reason fonline servers have low population.

For example take the drugs : everybody eats them like pills, you are basically useless against same skill opponent if you dont use drugs. But still devs on all servers seem to think drugs are some sort of *fun*. So instead of giving everybody the effects from drugs from start, we have to farm them and then eat them each 30 minutes which is not fun at all.

This is just one of many examples of fonline bullshit. :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:50:00 pm by carnack »

Strike

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »
I also like fonline because of the difficulty.
+1 for the harsh wasteland!

HazMat

• Don't give a fuck about TC or your clan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 07:41:53 pm »
The game is tough, but to be honest, it's not always the game's fault.

Running into Ares on your own with leather armour and a mauser = the game is difficult. [I was just exploring different locations, don't judge me]

Gathering junk at level 3 with no gear at all and someone who's at least level 30 guns you down for no reason = that player was just a dick.

If you could pose a threat, ie you encounter eachother and you both are geared up to the eyes and carrying heavy weaponry, then yeah, that's fair enough.
It is harsh. It's not about the game, it's about the other players. You just have to grit your teeth and stand against it.
Or rage quit.

Iguana Vendor

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2015, 04:27:52 am »

I too realized just how shit this MMO was, and why it has so few players (for now). Think about the HUUUUUGE cult following that the classic Fallout has. Then look at the player stats, 80 players as of this moment. Simply because the community is shit and no one wants to be constantly stressed out and have to grind endlessly to STILL get owned by the trolls, which make up literally 60 out of the 80 people playing. There are rare gems like Help Bot, but the majority are toxic garbage. People in game and on the forums will all say they like the game, so it will look like you are one in a very few, but the truth is that everyone that agrees with you has already quit entirely and isn't here to back you up. They will tell you that you need to learn the game and check the wiki, but that isn't the problem, the problem is the attitude of players, the kill on sight and talk shit type of attitude, the go out of my way to troll new players attitude, the answer their questions with "your mom" attitude. Nothing you learn in the wiki will save you from that, and that is why so many people quit. For once I'd love to get killed and have a player go over my corpse and say "No hard feeling, you looked like a spy and we can't take the risk" instead, they go over my corpse and say "get rekt scrub" while jizzing on their hand and using it as acne cream.

The PVP'ers that play this are no better than the sociopaths that KOS in survival games and do nothing but destroy the game they invested so much time into. What's the point of having 10 copies of the best gear in the game when the only time you use them is against the same groups of people over and over again. There is no reasoning with them though, they just want to see you die, get mad, and quit like the rest. And due to their psychological issues, they actually get satisfaction and jizz their pants over that. It's one thing to be a PVP troll, and it's another to PVP with class and intelligence. Unfortunately I have met literally ZERO players with any social integrity.

The best interactions and most fun I've had in a full loot PVP game is when people cautiously approach eachother, talk for a bit and feel eachother out then become friends or something fun/funny comes out of the entire thing. Instead it boils down to "stay in aimed mode by a window and shoot the first red outline you see" type of twitch "PVP". What a joke. Take an example I had in H1Z1 yesterday, I was in two groups, the first group of bandits I met, they killed us all instantly, they got nothing out of it, we were ticked off and our group was incontent while theirs just wasted their ammo and kept going. The second group of bandits that we met, took us hostage, talked to us, forced us to fight zombies barefisted, then let us go and it was the most memorable and fun half hour I've had. Nothing like that exists here, every fucking douche is like the first group of bandits and I give up. I've quit playing until the wipe, now that I have learned what and in which order to do things in and where to go and not to go at the current level, then perhaps it will be bearable and MAYBE even fun, but until then I'll pass.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 04:39:05 am by Iguana Vendor »

damonicos

• ..so two raiders walk into the malumute..
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 06:27:35 am »
Hi, I Picked up fallout 2 just after it came out, what... 15 years ago or so, i was around 15 years old, At Temple of trials i thought "This games sucks, its not Baldurs gate at all" Then I got out of the temple, found a leather jacket, a companion and a 10mm and I realized, nope not Baldurs gate, BETTER!
I Talked with buddies in highschool about how cool this game would be if it was online, talked about doing caravan runs together, meeting random people in encounters, setting up shops and trading.
About 3 weeks ago I felt nostalgic and loaded up Fallout 2 again, then I found Fonline : Reloaded.
Yup, This is the game I dreamed of back in the day, so All I have to say Is Thank You Kilgore and whoever else is responsible for this, Thank You.

Yep its a deadly harsh wasteland, And thank your Iguana Vendor, You are right the players can be really retarded. I am one who likes to play the game to have fun, not play to win, And I like to Roleplay and help out new players. After the wipe I intend to be there so maybe we will meet out there in wastes! (hopefully i wont force you to fight zombies barehanded,  - But who knows  ;D )

I Hope to have many fun adventures despite the malice of the russians and/or the hardcore players! And Hopefully i meet some friends out there too =D

Thanks Again!

DemonHunterV2

• Supporter
  • Lifes to short to be sober
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 06:38:42 am »
Fonline is tough shoot or get shot steal or be robbed lel idk bout the second one but its def a very tough game in the beginning but you just have to make it through the start

Johnny

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 07:57:33 am »
Fonline is tough shoot or get shot steal or be robbed

I actually remember when i started i had a map of my tent in my inventory and got stolen by misia pysia or smthing i was lucky bendeigid was here to prevent him for robbing my stock of leather armors ^^.

Other than that i shared my tents with 3 people so far and never had any problems with any of them i still even got carkasa main tent in my map and never touched it  =).

Craig Boone

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 08:16:22 am »

I too realized just how shit this MMO was, and why it has so few players (for now). Think about the HUUUUUGE cult following that the classic Fallout has. Then look at the player stats, 80 players as of this moment. Simply because the community is shit and no one wants to be constantly stressed out and have to grind endlessly to STILL get owned by the trolls, which make up literally 60 out of the 80 people playing. There are rare gems like Help Bot, but the majority are toxic garbage. People in game and on the forums will all say they like the game, so it will look like you are one in a very few, but the truth is that everyone that agrees with you has already quit entirely and isn't here to back you up. They will tell you that you need to learn the game and check the wiki, but that isn't the problem, the problem is the attitude of players, the kill on sight and talk shit type of attitude, the go out of my way to troll new players attitude, the answer their questions with "your mom" attitude. Nothing you learn in the wiki will save you from that, and that is why so many people quit. For once I'd love to get killed and have a player go over my corpse and say "No hard feeling, you looked like a spy and we can't take the risk" instead, they go over my corpse and say "get rekt scrub" while jizzing on their hand and using it as acne cream.

The PVP'ers that play this are no better than the sociopaths that KOS in survival games and do nothing but destroy the game they invested so much time into. What's the point of having 10 copies of the best gear in the game when the only time you use them is against the same groups of people over and over again. There is no reasoning with them though, they just want to see you die, get mad, and quit like the rest. And due to their psychological issues, they actually get satisfaction and jizz their pants over that. It's one thing to be a PVP troll, and it's another to PVP with class and intelligence. Unfortunately I have met literally ZERO players with any social integrity.

The best interactions and most fun I've had in a full loot PVP game is when people cautiously approach eachother, talk for a bit and feel eachother out then become friends or something fun/funny comes out of the entire thing. Instead it boils down to "stay in aimed mode by a window and shoot the first red outline you see" type of twitch "PVP". What a joke. Take an example I had in H1Z1 yesterday, I was in two groups, the first group of bandits I met, they killed us all instantly, they got nothing out of it, we were ticked off and our group was incontent while theirs just wasted their ammo and kept going. The second group of bandits that we met, took us hostage, talked to us, forced us to fight zombies barefisted, then let us go and it was the most memorable and fun half hour I've had. Nothing like that exists here, every fucking douche is like the first group of bandits and I give up. I've quit playing until the wipe, now that I have learned what and in which order to do things in and where to go and not to go at the current level, then perhaps it will be bearable and MAYBE even fun, but until then I'll pass.
@Iguana Vendor you obviously haven't met me or my faction we fight everyone I kill or we kill we shout GG or RIP.The only times we got offensive is if the person is so retarded and deserves to die the russians are patroling hub killing every blue suit there is we are not that kind of people.Our faction has grown significantly during the last 2 weeks and for that I'm very grateful.If you or anyone wants someone to play with before the wipe were your guys.You can find some of us at hub or most likely on fallouts public teamspeak (Address:91.121.18.168) If you are looking for us at hub just ask if MOD is around or call us on radio 0.We were all noobs at some point at this happened to us all you just need to find a group and stick with them.Also Goodluck.
The Masters Of Disharmony Leader
(would you like to know more^^^???)

Come on you ape you wanna live forever?

HarleeKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 05:18:39 pm »
I'm sticking with it.  I won't let a bunch of assholes beat me down.  Fuck them.  I will be playing later tonight sometime and if I need help I will call out to all y'all.  Thanks for that, by the way.
I keep hearing about "The Wipe", but what is it?