March 29, 2024, 03:22:19 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Little change until wipe comes  (Read 5441 times)

Napalm

• View Profile
Little change until wipe comes
« on: January 04, 2016, 08:05:37 am »
Please gift for PVP comunity: REMOVE SLAGS from Reno.  I miss bluesuits there.
Wipe looks far away, so Kilgore could give to us this little change.

Or change slags 30min to respawn.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: Little change until wipe comes
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 08:20:17 am »
Why? So now UV, the gang literally on 24/7 can loot the box freely? -1

It would be better to make the slags not agro on anyone but only those who touch the box or shoot them.
Spoiler: show

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 08:59:02 am »
It would be better to make the slags not agro on anyone but only those who touch the box or shoot them.

I like that idea better, but even so, why would you guys want this? Sure it means they will never attack you at an inopportune time, but it also means they will never attack people that ambush you unless that player hits them on accident, it means players will be able to trick them into doing silly shit, and that 3 players or more will be able to set up 1 hex ready on the slags.

It's almost as good as not having them at all, but why none at all either? That's crazy to have no reason to leave and no protection for the box besides the players currently camping at it.. Who I guess function as the "new slags" lol.

Reno commercial is too small to be an entirely pvp focused area, the sewers however, would be kind of perfect for this.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:07:15 am »
I like that idea better, but even so, why would you guys want this? Sure it means they will never attack you at an inopportune time, but it also means they will never attack people that ambush you unless that player hits them on accident, it means players will be able to trick them into doing silly shit, and that 3 players or more will be able to set up 1 hex ready on the slags.

It's almost as good as not having them at all, but why none at all either? That's crazy to have no reason to leave and no protection for the box besides the players currently camping at it.. Who I guess function as the "new slags" lol.

Reno commercial is too small to be an entirely pvp focused area, the sewers however, would be kind of perfect for this.
Giving them miniguns with at least 100 more HP with more DR so they won't FA right after being hexed would solve that problem. Once someone attempts to hex them, they'll immediately hex back. Of course NPCs are stupid and there will always be silly ways to kill them.

Also Reno will get an overhaul with it being one huge map from what I heard.....hopefully  :'(

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 10:15:46 am »
Giving them miniguns with at least 100 more HP with more DR so they won't FA right after being hexed would solve that problem. Once someone attempts to hex them, they'll immediately hex back. Of course NPCs are stupid and there will always be silly ways to kill them.

True, their current AI isn't exactly perfect either.

Also Reno will get an overhaul with it being one huge map from what I heard.....hopefully  :'(

Oh really? That would be fucking awesome.

Napalm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 11:14:50 am »
Well, I cant ask Kilgore about bring to server decent enemies. Ok, keep that shit, we can still massacring you 90% of times.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 02:24:23 pm »
Lol ok then?...

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 03:30:34 pm »
Yo yo, I think the idea here is to encourage more PVP and allow more places to set up position and fight.  I like Yuno's idea of making the slags not go agro unless shooting them or looting the locker....the goal is not to give free access to locker.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 06:27:30 pm »
Quadruple the amount of slags in Reno, and militia in cities.

This will keep players engaged in combat zones longer, and force more tactical PVE style works under threat of enemy faction and exposure to counter-attack.

Can't hurt to see what happens :)  People might actually have to craft more gear and ammunition too.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »
Well, I cant ask Kilgore about bring to server decent enemies. Ok, keep that shit, we can still massacring you 90% of times.

Well, I cant ask Kilgore about bring to server decent enemies. Ok, keep that shit, we can still massacring you 92% of times.

Yo yo, I think the idea here is to encourage more PVP and allow more places to set up position and fight.  I like Yuno's idea of making the slags not go agro unless shooting them or looting the locker....the goal is not to give free access to locker.

Absurd, this would mean lockerfarmers would just run up to the slags and hex them before they can fight back. Replace the t4 spawns with some moderate amount of drugs and stims and some statted t3 and it would still draw people there.

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

Jeffrey I

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 09:53:13 pm »

Well, I cant ask Kilgore about bring to server decent enemies. Ok, keep that shit, we can still massacring you 92% of times.

Absurd, this would mean lockerfarmers would just run up to the slags and hex them before they can fight back. Replace the t4 spawns with some moderate amount of drugs and stims and some statted t3 and it would still draw people there.

Make the slags go agro if u enter ruins........keep spawns as it is. Drugs and stims, t3 will not lure players......maybe the khans?

Wichura

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2016, 09:56:31 pm »
Enumis, itanz, t4, fight, we strong, we kill all, cum and do pvp!!11
Has someone left the gate to tards farm opened?

This has been tested while working on FO2 - one massive New Reno map as a whole. It causes performance issues (map loading time, some wooden PC's can't handle map being that huge, scrolling it is a bit daft) so idea has been scrapped.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »
maye do yourself a favor and dont play for some days , also lol at huge maps hahahaha , didnt we all enjoyed toilettcontroll :)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:03:00 pm by FrankenStone »

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2016, 12:57:09 am »
PVP isnt the most important thing in life, didnt you know? I would like to suggest to founder of that topic to start going to gym, defuse anger on weightlifting or read some books. Even maybe both. You will be stronger and gain some knowledge. Stop writing such topics, it's not useful.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:02:40 am by mkhammer »

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2016, 01:48:42 am »
Make the slags go agro if u enter ruins........

Or if you shoot them, yeah I think that is the best version I have heard, but still, keeping them as is isn't so bad, they are a bit buggy sure but it could be worse.

This has been tested while working on FO2 - one massive New Reno map as a whole. It causes performance issues (map loading time, some wooden PC's can't handle map being that huge, scrolling it is a bit daft) so idea has been scrapped.

Damn, that is a shame, then what about the sewers? That could become a nice pvp focused area if the bugs and some npcs were taken out.

I mean, move the magic locker into the sewers, possibly with the slags.