April 19, 2024, 04:09:12 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Big guns  (Read 10676 times)

Tacsa

Big guns
« on: January 02, 2016, 04:54:35 pm »
Tried making a sort of big guns crit burster or a normal big guns build for a lv 45 character. Any improvements to be made?

S7 P5 E10 C1 I3 A9 L6     Traits: Small Frame     Taged skills: Big guns, First aid and outdoorsman

Perks: More crit, Even more crit, Even Tougher, Action boy x2, Lifegiver x2, Bonus rate of fire

Use nuka cola to get Agility 10 and cigs for Perception 6. If you put all skill points into big guns and get boneyard guard quest should leave you with 300 or something near that in big guns. I was thinking of getting rid of More crit perk and taking a third Lifegiver for extra HP.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
Re: Big guns
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 05:02:03 pm »
Is this for pvp or PvE?
Spoiler: show

Tacsa

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 05:29:14 pm »
Sorry, forgot to mention that. PvP.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 09:39:26 pm »

Tacsa

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 10:06:56 pm »
Thanks. I'm not good at making builds so I appreciate the help

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 10:38:44 pm »

Rumors say that there is hidden bonus from luck, so maybe its better to invest more specials into luck and take something instead more crit?

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 01:18:40 am »

Rumors say that there is hidden bonus from luck, so maybe its better to invest more specials into luck and take something instead more crit?

These mysterious benefits appear only while performing aimed shots.
Also I'll annouce some herecy. More perception = more crits.
Go test it for yourself.. I've already done it =).

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 12:13:11 pm »

Saywhatnow?

Is this elite trolling or for real, I can't tell anymore.

If true, I hope you posted the tests to someone like kilgore, because that is not in perception's description lol.

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 05:25:19 pm »

Saywhatnow?

Is this elite trolling or for real, I can't tell anymore.

If true, I hope you posted the tests to someone like kilgore, because that is not in perception's description lol.
He showed his test results to me and seem to be true. The burster with 10 PE did more criticals than alts with lower PE

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 07:38:26 pm »
My noob comment to that is, that keep the high STR if you use big guns, else with 1 aimed arm shot from crippler, you can't retaliate.

About the PE thing, the code does not show anything related to PE and crit chance, as long as you both 95% hit chance.

There is a hidden crit chance bonus, that is the 1/10 of the difference between your attack roll and chance to hit, with a maximum of 9.4. This bonus is added to you critical chance, however it's not a reliable source, as depends on your chance to hit roll when attacking. It's effect varies from 0.1 to 9.4, depending on roll and your chance to hit. This hidden bonus is always there (except the burst/flamer bug?) regardless if the shot is aimed or not.

The other hidden bonus (noted on Wiki so not hidden) is the extra crit chance you get when calling shots, that is: AimPenalty * ( 60 + 4 * Luck), where AimPenalty is the usual 60 for eyes, 40 for head, as defined on wiki or visible in game, so a maximum of 60 with aiming for eyes with 10 LUCK.

On a side note, the lower your chance to hit is, the higher the critical failure at a miss. (Depends on that margin (hidden bonus) variable described above, If your chance to hit is 0 and you miss, the chance to critically miss is close to 50%.)
At critical failures the current deterioration of your weapon also matter. 
If the miss is not critical, then comes the Jinxed debuff, which gives a 50% chance to fail, but this roll is a separate roll. Critical failure threat roll also depends on the critters luck, bonus is (luck - 5) * 5, meaning low luck means penalty, higher chance of very bad thing happening.

While I am at it:

- Silent Death is allowed only on pistols with pistol animation :) + 14mm Pistol + 233. Pistol, you have to be sneaking and behind (behindish-sides) the target.
- Aimed melee attacks have less aim penalty, penalty is divided by 2.
- Blocking targets give a -10 to hit.
- Combat.fos->CombatAttack needs some kind of restructure, currently single target weapons, like pistols, one shot rifles, depend on hit chance calculation at the beginning of the function, however burst attacks with riffles or flamers, simply ignore if that was a miss. In your face perk is not used at these attacks at all, it only matters at single shot type of shots, melee weapons, rockets and throwing weapons, and only if the target (the one with the In your face perk) has close combat weap equiped or is unarmed and you are in his weapon (melee) range.
- Shotguns, LSW, Boozar burst only in 1 line, multiple targets can only be hit if they are blocking the view.
- One hander trait give +20 to hit on 1 handed weapons and -40 to 2 handed weapons.
- +40 to hit bonus on knocked out target, and +15 if target multihex, whoever that is...
- -20 to hit for each strenght missing from weap requirement.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 09:52:36 pm »
Well no matter what people will say my multiple tests shown that big gunner with higher perception has usually more critical hits.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 08:39:25 am »
That's crazy if true.. WTF would cause it, maybe something to do with hitchance over 95%? or maybe somethings wrong with the bonus that PE grants to hit chance? or possible it seems that way for bursting because of how the bullets hit the player?

I assume it only applies to big gun bursts? Or has it been tried with single shots too?

Has anyone done similar tests with burst guns and strength (try a guy who has 95% chance to hit with an avenger but only 3 strength, and try a guy who has 95% hit chance with an avenger and 7 strength)?.

Jish the small

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 11:08:22 am »
That's crazy if true.. WTF would cause it, maybe something to do with hitchance over 95%? or maybe somethings wrong with the bonus that PE grants to hit chance? or possible it seems that way for bursting because of how the bullets hit the player?

I assume it only applies to big gun bursts? Or has it been tried with single shots too?

Has anyone done similar tests with burst guns and strength (try a guy who has 95% chance to hit with an avenger but only 3 strength, and try a guy who has 95% hit chance with an avenger and 7 strength)?.

i noticed only aimed shots need the high luck, bursts just need to have a better chance to actually hit the target

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2016, 11:16:31 am »
Well no matter what people will say my multiple tests shown that big gunner with higher perception has usually more critical hits.
Yes, Koniko is Asian afterall so his results are accurate :D

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2016, 02:31:26 pm »
Either way, it seems like something that should be in the stats description or have a topic all of its very own.

Like I said before I hope kilgore or someone knows about it so they can investigate it at least.

Do the guys with low PE deal less damage too? Or is it just less crits? Because if its about less bullets hitting in the burst its one thing, but if it is just a higher chance for burst crits, it is very strange.