April 20, 2024, 01:00:04 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: An EXPLOSIVE suggestion...  (Read 5132 times)

Antares156

• "Fear denies faith"
    • View Profile
An EXPLOSIVE suggestion...
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:59:52 am »
Okay so before I begin first thing I have to say is please don't flame/bother with immediate responses that no more T4 weapons are required in the game. Even if this is so, I disagree, and thus open up this thread to suggest...

The Fat Man!

Inventory icon/in-hand icon :
Spoiler: show

The M42 Fat Man is an effective mortar/artillery weapon, allowing a person to bombard a large area with good precision and deadly force. When fired, results in a small nuclear blast.

Damage 80-120
Single : AP 7, Range : 28
Damaga type : Explode
Ammo : Mini nuke
Ammo capacity : 1
Strength required : 7
Type : Two handed
Weight : 9000 grams
Base price : 15000 caps
AoE: 5-7 hexes? I'm not sure.
Weapon perk : Knockback oooor...(see below)

Ammo :

A mini nuke is similar to an American football in both shape and size. When the red tab on the nose is pressed down, the atomic fission is activated and creates a small nuclear explosion.

Caliber : Rocket
AC modifier : - 10
DR modifier : - 10
Damage ajd : 1/1
Weight : 2500 grams
Base price : 1500 caps

The stats don't have to be same as the ones written here for sake of game-balance etc. These numbers are just an approx value and don't have to be taken by heart. The Fat Man would use all the animations of the Rocket Launcher.
The weapon has the same chance to spawn as other T4 weapons in magic lockers and can be found in SE. The ammo should be rare, whereas 10 units of 4.7 mm may spawn in a magic locker, only one mini nuke can spawn at once.

Also, regarding the weapon perk...
It comes to mind that there are certain mobs (alien and centaurs, I think?) who upon hitting you give you a small dose of radiation. Could something be added to the game so that this weapon may do so too? A weapon perk that allows all those caught in the AoE blast to gain 2-3% radiation, making it a tactical weapon aswell.

The high damage and crippling effect would be offset by, above all, the rarity of the ammunition.
Tell me what ya think? c:

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
Re: An EXPLOSIVE suggestion...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:20:42 am »
The Fat Man!
The M42 Fat Man is an effective mortar/artillery weapon, allowing a person to bombard a large area with good precision and deadly force. When fired, results in a small nuclear blast.

Damage 80-120
Single : AP 7, Range : 28
Damaga type : Explode
Ammo : Mini nuke
Ammo capacity : 1
Strength required : 7
Type : Two handed
Weight : 9000 grams
Base price : 15000 caps
AoE: 5-7 hexes? I'm not sure.
Weapon perk : Knockback oooor...(see below)

Tell me what ya think? c:

I highlighted the main problem that I would have with it. I'll let Worldperserver tell you the rest :)

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:34:41 am »
For a tier 4, I don't see why not, since there's no explosive tier 4.  Although the mistakes slowhand pointed out needs to be adjusted and the inventory picture needs to be changed.

Antares156

• "Fear denies faith"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 10:44:28 am »
Hm...I though giving it too much a range would make it op, so I put up a reduced one. As for the description that can always be changed.

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:29 am »
This man uses Heroin IRL and therefore should be banned from the sever.
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 10:52:38 am »
Hm...I though giving it too much a range would make it op, so I put up a reduced one. As for the description that can always be changed.
If it's gonna be high tier, meaning one of the least seen guns in the game, then it should be good/strong. 45 hexes would be good IMO.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 10:53:56 am »
This man uses Heroin IRL and therefore should be banned from the sever.

*.. and after stating it, returns to smoke more weed.. *

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 11:11:05 am »
40 hexes would be enough
Overall good idea, but for a T4 Explosvie Weapon I was thinking about this more:

GUN FOR HIRE

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 11:17:28 am »
Slowhand :D just joking around
IMO, the weapon should have some drawback like high reload cost so its not too OP becouse no matter how rare the ammunition is people are gona hoard piles of it
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 11:34:27 am »
Imo people should not be able to run with Miniguns/Rocketlaunchers (this weapon especially) equiped or any other heavy weaponry, except when using PA, etc., but I get better off keeping such suggestions to myself :)

For that weapon, it should have more drawback than that. The most logical it could be, that it is slowly radiating, so if you got some ammo loaded into that thing (not just in your inventory), it would radiate the surroundings, ofc, when launched, a large dose of radiation would be released to the public, and not just on those hexes (much more to target area), but whole map.

So if you camp with a loaded gun, you die of radiation. If you shoot it out and do not leave the zone, you die with it as well. Increased need for Rad-X and RAdAway when doing TC or whatever camping PvP game:) Would make you think even before loading that thing!

Anyways, these were my thought for such a weapon, but I do not think, this is the way to go. Actually, I am sure, this is not the way to go. Wipe is close, hope so, and the best thing would be, to reuse the low tier weapons, make higher tier rarer, etc. This suggestion is only good for end game play, when you have exhausted the game already and want new stuff, to keep you going until next wipe.

Btw, whoever asked, these are technically solvable, ofc tiresome, but can be done..

zinthos

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 03:43:37 pm »
+1, this would fit in the game id the ammo would be at least as rare as fire gecko shells

also check out these
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=6616.msg49942#msg49942
http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=8028.msg61877#msg61877

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 08:00:54 pm »
Imo people should not be able to run with Miniguns/Rocketlaunchers (this weapon especially) equiped or any other heavy weaponry, except when using PA, etc., but I get better off keeping such suggestions to myself :)

For that weapon, it should have more drawback than that. The most logical it could be, that it is slowly radiating, so if you got some ammo loaded into that thing (not just in your inventory), it would radiate the surroundings, ofc, when launched, a large dose of radiation would be released to the public, and not just on those hexes (much more to target area), but whole map.

So if you camp with a loaded gun, you die of radiation. If you shoot it out and do not leave the zone, you die with it as well. Increased need for Rad-X and RAdAway when doing TC or whatever camping PvP game:) Would make you think even before loading that thing!

Anyways, these were my thought for such a weapon, but I do not think, this is the way to go. Actually, I am sure, this is not the way to go. Wipe is close, hope so, and the best thing would be, to reuse the low tier weapons, make higher tier rarer, etc. This suggestion is only good for end game play, when you have exhausted the game already and want new stuff, to keep you going until next wipe.

Btw, whoever asked, these are technically solvable, ofc tiresome, but can be done..

Im not against some radiations but the entire map seems a bit to much, the explosion area is enough. Regarding the range, I cannot be less than the RL or it will not be used much, only for rushing around reno. The damage is high but fair for a rare tier 4 weapon.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:49 pm »
As cool as the artillery idea is, and I know your original range is very tame, but the idea of hitting people from outside of vision range (with spotting assistance from sneakers etc) seems like a weapon with huge trolling potential, bombing over walls or bombing an entry grid as people arrive or just the idea of one group having their positioning set up having the immediate and huge advantage seems like it is giving MORE advantage to the defender, where they already have some substantial benefits.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 08:17:52 pm »
Anyway, Kilgore already said there will be use for 75mm howtizer as artillery support...so...
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 08:37:38 pm »
Anyway, Kilgore already said there will be use for 75mm howtizer as artillery support...so...

And it will be cool to see/use if that is the case, but I hope it doesn't become as commonly used as rockets and grenades, I mean picture your whole team being blasted around by explosions before your snipers have even spotted a target. And if people thought sneaks were unnecessary before (which I do do not agree with in any case), every big fight will be relying on sneaker vision over artillery, which will probably mean a lot of sneaker fights and a lot of waiting for scout info.

If there is such a weapon coming though, it will definitely change up the mechanics of those big fights, which could be for the best, we'll have to see I guess.

40 hexes would be enough
Overall good idea, but for a T4 Explosvie Weapon I was thinking about this more:

I Keep seeing the image of this baby pop up but so far in none of the fonline games lol, it really would make a good t4 weapon, and as t4 it wouldn't outclass or make the grenade launcher redundant, it would just be an unexpected surprise in some fights.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 08:41:09 pm by Blarney »