April 19, 2024, 06:31:55 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: STOP NERFING SNEAK SKILL!!!  (Read 18951 times)

regeracht

Re: STOP NERFING SNEAK SKILL!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 07:04:31 pm »
Sure, I am not pretending I am objective absolutely, if I figure out I am wrong, I ll stfu and get back to my PvE and revieving my build. Still, I am standing for leaving sneakers using SMG, tho your logic makes sense to me. I dont completely understand why instakill is that bad, but I suppose it is because I am squishy enough, and mostly die the same moment Ive been spotted. I can realise that mechanics can be beyond my understanding, but I still believe that hexing the unconsious guy must be allowed. Maybe that's just my emotions, coz I was relying on that when designing my build. But I still dont see why cant I KO him, then run forward and hex. Perhaps it is too tough if System allows me to use my sneak in proper way without penalties at all, but I suppose, those penalties could be less. So it could allow hexing if you were smart enough to make this guy dont attack u for any reason, but not allow jus simply jump out of the darkness and instakill. I suppose that if u see sneaker with SMG from 8-12 hexes, it would be enough to prevent hexing just fine. But if my goal is to hex unconsious guys, not just get any cheap kills, why isnt it possible? Just lowering that penalty to 25% would be nice, as it seems for me.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2015, 10:17:52 pm »
Well you can still hex guys thats just unconscious. Just pull out the smg or xl or whatever from your inventory. Penalty only affects things in hand 1 and 2 slots.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2015, 11:16:53 pm »
Well you can still hex guys thats just unconscious. Just pull out the smg or xl or whatever from your inventory. Penalty only affects things in hand 1 and 2 slots.

It's still not bursting.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 04:18:15 am »
then press n as you do it?

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 06:11:13 am »
P90 sneak was never OP, it was an all or nothing build where you had to kill a lone target in 2 bursts or die yourself. The bottom line of this whole debate is people don't like carrying a motion sensor and didn't like it when they died because of that.
However it seems that the 'crying' of some counts more than the crying' of others so you'll have to be happy playing a "support build" which for some reason needs more levelling than a "main" build to be even remotely playable.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 07:02:47 am »
if that is how you truly feel then take reloaded source and make your own upside down server where sneakers are both tanks and dps all at the same time. see how many would want to play your game with no concept of balance. im so glad kilgore is admin instead of you  ;D

also its funny how you talk like i never played a sneak build and only ever played tank, but i played one that both used p90 and other weapons last session and i still say sneak p90 nerf was good. you didnt need any specific build to hex with p90 sneak. but what am i saying, you wont listen anyway.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 07:49:58 am »
I've already answered the source thing elsewhere a long time ago.

Where did I say a sneak should be tank and have dps? I never said anything of the sort. Nor did I say you had never played a sneaker. It was just my opinion of the current state of sneak, and I'm not saying there aren't ways around it.

And for the record,  I am glad Kilgore is admin and not me. :)
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2015, 08:46:14 am »
Sneaker should be only a scout.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2015, 09:45:57 am »

Wind_Drift

• Supporter
  • Section 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2015, 04:17:32 am »

kilgore has said before sneaks are support only and thats why he removed p90 hex from them.

My opinion (as a guy who only plays 'support' builds) is that when most builds in the game exist only to support Tanks, there is no hope of balance.  It's getting better, but there should be more than one or two playable builds.  It's boring otherwise.

As far as sneaks and SMG's, that nerf was needed.  There were some ridiculous sneak builds running around late last session.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2015, 08:04:59 am »

kilgore has said before sneaks are support only and thats why he removed p90 hex from them.

My opinion (as a guy who only plays 'support' builds) is that when most builds in the game exist only to support Tanks, there is no hope of balance.  It's getting better, but there should be more than one or two playable builds.  It's boring otherwise.

As far as sneaks and SMG's, that nerf was needed.  There were some ridiculous sneak builds running around late last session.

Gattling with crit easy counter all those tanks. You got playable :bg tank,sg tank, sneaker, gattling dps, gattling tank, crit burster, sniper, flamer, plasma, melee(a bit unbalanced). It's some variety, no need to complain.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 08:08:50 am by mkhammer »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

Gattling with crit easy counter all those tanks. You got playable :bg tank,sg tank, sneaker, gattling dps, gattling tank, crit burster, sniper, flamer, plasma, melee(a bit unbalanced). It's some variety, no need to complain.

Yes, that s true you can choose from few builds. Remember only that only few of those can do high level PvE or stand alone longer in PvP than few secs.

It's bursters and tanks, no matter if its bg, sg or ew. Only tanky bursters can do more in battle. Support chars are important too, but tank/burster is more important and has bigger value than sniper/rocket launcher,or grenade launcher builds. Just my opinion after seeing few PvP fights or while making few dungeons. This affect RT, in TB being support char gives more chances. Maybe except sneaker.
GUN FOR HIRE

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2015, 01:51:20 pm »
Variety of builds EXISTS but it's retarded as fuck, requires hours and days of grinding like retard to achieve level around 100 to make simple sniper that will die in 2 bursts even tho everyone cries sniper op and tanky as fuck and RNG is bitch. P90 and M3A1 bursters were most fun builds for solo pvp. Now thanks to QQ it's nerfed just like everything else. Die by gattling - gat op get killed by sniper - nerf sniper pls get rekt by bazooka spam - nerf bazookas splash dmg pls

Valchuck

• Supporter
  • It's only a game, relax =]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2015, 05:00:47 pm »
p90 can kill in 3 bursts snipers from range, there was no need to hex when sneaker had 2x brd and mrd. H&K G11E sneaker could 2 burst snipers. I think that was main reason to fix mechanics, and I was happy when it happened. Now it takes effort to use or solar, or .223, or equip lsw. Sneaker is still playable, with more complicated approach. I like as it is now (I myself play different alts, and also sneaker). Whole grinding thing is a nightmare, totally agree, and I would vote on changing xp gains or skill points gains with levels, than debate on sneaker topic itself.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2015, 05:29:18 pm »
For the effort required its not worth making sneakers until you don't care about needing a useful build anymore.
BG Tanks are just much easier to make, and use

So the suggestion of lowering the requirements for sneak are quite legitimate.

Though this is a game where levels don't translate into more HP so making a level 212 comparable in combat with a level 24 evens the playing field between newbs and pro's.
In Maintenance Mode.