March 28, 2024, 11:13:04 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Welcome to the Death Zone  (Read 8358 times)

NeedALight?

• View Profile
Welcome to the Death Zone
« on: October 14, 2015, 03:08:08 am »
First attempt at making a PvP zone / Locker through mapper.

My main goal is to turn it into a PvP zone where players can head to in case they just feel like killing each other without being inside of Hinkley. Another idea would be make a simple locker PvP area.

Story:
"Following the hard landing after a rotor malfunction, the enclave squad, once headed to the oil rig, is now standing in the middle of unkown territory. Using everything around them to create barricades and a soft wind cover, they now guard valuable goods that they had to transport.
Travellers too curious to find out what the smoke is find themselves hanged on lamposts to give a fair warning that danger lies ahead..."

Will update later on. Managed to learn how to use it in less than an hour thanks to this:

Mapping tutorial
http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=5821.0

And in case you wanna download it and toy with it in no time:

Standalone Mapper (Requires Master and Critter.dat)
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php?topic=29529.0

I accept tips, suggestions, etc. Ty. :D

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the Death Zone
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »
Shouldnt you use 2238 or Reloaded mapper for mapping?
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 01:46:59 pm »
Shouldnt you use 2238 or Reloaded mapper for mapping?

fodev = post 2238 forums

2238 = Reloaded

Materials and tools you find on fodev are most likely always compatbile with 2238 SDK and Reloaded.

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 01:46:09 am »

Update: Made some changes to the middle grounds, learned the difference between inside ruin walls and outside, and how to place a roof. Gonna be adding more holes in the street, buildings around the crash site and then onto making the larger part of the map.

Again, suggestions are welcome.

jarok

• Howdy, partner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 01:19:52 pm »
If you ask me some scenery are out of place. Those tents look weird.....
I'm badass and I will kick your asses.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 01:51:58 pm »

They just lack proper transparency background. It can be fixed by making alpha channel with 255 mask.

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 05:06:29 am »

They just lack proper transparency background. It can be fixed by making alpha channel with 255 mask.

An good explanation will be needed, pretty much step by step, as I don't know what alpha channel means.  :P

Making an overall lineout of the buildings. Details will come at the end. Hopefully it's not too big of a map.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 11:24:03 am »
Download Paint.NET and use magic wand tool to cut out white dots around your tent. Once you select them and click DELETE button on keyboard they will change into transparency - nothing. If it doesn't help send file to me I'll do it myself.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 03:20:13 pm »
It's hard to move screen in corners, I think you can expand those borders of the map with command or edit file in notepad

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 04:07:52 pm »
It's hard to move screen in corners, I think you can expand those borders of the map with command or edit file in notepad

Nope, you need to open it in mapper and move map blockers a bit farther. best if u make some ambient scenery around location that will be locked off for player so only camera can get there and just behind that ambient scenery put the camera blockers. It's an issue that exists for years already.

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 08:09:43 pm »
Download Paint.NET and use magic wand tool to cut out white dots around your tent. Once you select them and click DELETE button on keyboard they will change into transparency - nothing. If it doesn't help send file to me I'll do it myself.

Sounds good, but chances are I won't be using the tents after all unless people think they might fit in.

Nope, you need to open it in mapper and move map blockers a bit farther. best if u make some ambient scenery around location that will be locked off for player so only camera can get there and just behind that ambient scenery put the camera blockers. It's an issue that exists for years already.

So I move all of that a bit up, make a sort of "Fog of war" zone where players can't go and then put camera blockers?

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 12:52:24 am »
Big update. Took some hours to build and will take some more to finish but I think it's getting there.

Entire map
Spoiler: show

East Spawn

West Spawn

South Spawn

Locker / Downtown

Also, try to guess what happened on the road. :D

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 09:54:02 pm »
Not bad, could add like an underground floor or an upstairs floor and make it into a small dungeon, and maybe some guys in ca, lotta of slags are metal mkii. (if guys in Ca cant be done, I rather have it done similar to renegades).
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 09:58:41 am »
Damn, nice work. :D

My criticisms (take em or leave em);

Firstly the buildings on the left and bottom of the map that are only half complete but can still be entered, I guess movement will stop halfway into the buildings as that is the edge of the map? I would suggest making them rubble and ruins instead of half buildings, then it is justified why there is no entry/exit point there.

Secondly that is a lot of cop cars :D The roadblock in the northeast makes sense (though they should be facing sideways in a roadblock I think) and the cop car that has been hit by the army truck looks good, but those others just seem strangely out of place and could be replaced with crates or rubble just as effectively.

Nonetheless it looks good so far, keep at it.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2015, 11:13:28 am »
First of all, scroll blockers should be rectangle,

You have to expand your map a bit.