April 20, 2024, 02:04:51 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: New melee/unarmed attack mode  (Read 6011 times)

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
New melee/unarmed attack mode
« on: September 21, 2015, 09:37:28 am »
At this moment close combat works like - you click on the character-your character starts chasing untill it closes in and attacks.

Now my idea is to add an attack mode navigated manually. Could work simillar to hex shooting except the effective range would be based on the range of each weapon used.

Example: me using a sledgehammer seeing an enemy 30 hexes from myself,i click on him,my character makes the animation looses the ap and bashes the air with the hammer. But if i gets close enough and i bash him while he is within the range hes gonna get hit.

Now this would be way harder to play therefore appropiate bonus should be applied whether it would be auto crit,bonus crit roll,auto knockdown/knockback,could depend on the weapon too.

Could apply to auto kd on power fisting too makin it less annoying or atleast making you actually play to get the kill not just click and wait.

Speak your mind but try to stick to the topic please.

Mighty

• View Profile
Re: New melee/unarmed attack mode
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:37:46 am »
I like idea 1-2hex super bash  :) 1hex auto crip etc  :D
It sounds and imagine interesting

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 05:02:57 pm »
This is lovely! But only if it will matter if you actualy hit the target... cos a random crit that does extra damage is like nothing the enemy will still stand and probably 1hex you ro just run away and use a stim

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 05:14:03 pm »
Seems like a lot of work for a trolling "weapon".

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 05:45:18 pm »

Trolling like avenger\gatling 1hex  :)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2015, 05:45:49 pm »

Trolling like avenger\gatling 1hex  :)

Yeah, this...
GUN FOR HIRE

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 06:21:09 pm »
I wonder what utility has hth other than trolling?

what good would those guys do in a team fight?

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2015, 09:27:42 pm »
Its not like i understand how any of this works but isnt hexshooting pretty much the same thing?

I wonder what utility has hth other than trolling?

what good would those guys do in a team fight?

Due to the perk necessity and range disadvantage hth will propably never stand a chance against rangebursters. But if it could compete with bursters in close distance combat some people would use it just for the heck of it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 09:34:53 pm by Adams »

Slowhand

• Go for the eye, Boo! Go for the eyes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »
I do not think this will work out because of engine/script limits, maybe try a differenet approach to fix melee.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 04:19:09 am »
I do not think this will work out because of engine/script limits, maybe try a differenet approach to fix melee.

Give him decent AC and crit roll for weps like waki. They have no advantage fighting full tanks. They lack speed toughness and stable alpha damage.

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2016, 04:55:31 pm »

Give him decent AC and crit roll for weps like waki. They have no advantage fighting full tanks. They lack speed toughness and stable alpha damage.

Imo new mechanics should be introduced to enhance melee, basically, if someone with a non-close ranged weapon, (other than a shotgun, handgun, uzi?) finds himself adjacent to a melee guy, he should have a major disadvantage (and not advantage like in case of a 1 hex minigun burster). Would be more realistic also would promote melee usage more. Could make people use secondary weapon and switch when needed to a combat shotgun or something with a knockback. I already suggested a "free disarm" perk for melee'ers (or weapon perk on most melee/unarmed weapons) if enemy uses ranged weapon at point blank shot, but the mechanic can be anything that serves this purpose. The suggestion in first post is hardly a solution, even if it can be done.

Also, the reloaded team is quite adept as I've seen, changing roll/crit/stat/etc values should not be the only way to think for solutions, but implementing new features, enriching the game mechanics.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 06:48:24 pm »
he should have a major disadvantage (and not advantage like in case of a 1 hex minigun burster)

This change will likely never happen since the FOnline crowd is rather conservative about their skillshots.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Slowhand

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 07:20:20 pm »
he should have a major disadvantage (and not advantage like in case of a 1 hex minigun burster)

This change will likely never happen since the FOnline crowd is rather conservative about their skillshots.

They still could have their skillshots against each others, as long as none of them switches to a melee weapon. 

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2016, 07:47:30 pm »
They still could have their skillshots against each others, as long as none of them switches to a melee weapon. 

That's the point I was trying to make, it's too radical for the FOnline crowd to accept that HtH builds should outclass ranged builds in close combat. As soon as this change would get implemented Reloaded would be branded as a HtH troll server and Kilgore wouldn't be able to delete Please nerf HtH threads fast enough on weekends.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 04:57:23 pm »
HTH is quite strong already, you can make a KD build that can kill any character easy, especially if sneaked. Crit HTH deals massive damage if the build is good, like 2 hits 1 kill. I don't think it needs improvement. It's not much played because it doesn't fit well in a team fight, it's more a solo build, but a dangerous one non the less.